GDT: Quarter-final • Jan. 2 • Russia 2, Czech Republic 1 (OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

denzey*

russianmachine RMNB
Czech Republic's Daniel Krejci on RUS/CAN tonight: "Canada is better. The Russian guys are really (cocky) ... I don't know I hate Russia."

:D

Davebo*

Except for that very questionable high stick call late in the game (that could have changed to outcome), I agree.

No - I accounted for that. He embellished - the ref looked the other way - as they had been doing all night.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
No - I accounted for that. He embellished - the ref looked the other way - as they had been doing all night.

Looked the other way? What are you talking about?

The ref called a high stick....put Russia short-handed late in the game.

pouskin74*

Many czechks are playing hockey in Russia or played recently. They are grown up people who knows what life is and what it consists of.....But these kids are talking too much having no life experiences at all but just big mouth! Daniel Krejci should be ashamed of its self for saying such a stupid things and in the end it was him who was letting down his teammates.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
I get as political as the next guy, and I have made comments in the past about Soviet hockey and my feelings about the system (as a guy who is old enough to vividly remember the Cold War)...but I believe that at the end of the day we can agree that there are no nations without at least a little blood on their hands. Some more than others, granted, but the bulk of that should be discussed at another time and another place other than a sports message board.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
I get as political as the next guy, and I have made comments in the past about Soviet hockey and my feelings about the system (as a guy who is old enough to vividly remember the Cold War)...but I believe that at the end of the day we can agree that there are no nations without at least a little blood on their hands. Some more than others, granted, but the bulk of that should be discussed at another time and another place other than a sports message board.

i agree well said

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don

When people get political at a kids tournament (U20); you know things are being taken waaaayy to seriously.:help:

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
sorry if it posted already..

407021_10150542257737328_151177327327_8801091_1425015656_n.jpg

reporter says: Czechs are angry for you...
refs: Yeah, for sure...

RedWingsNow*

Anyone complaining about Czech diver and telling people they don't know hockey is a joke.
The alleged diver wasn't the problem.
The two other Czech players in the corner who let the one Russian come away the puck ... they were the problem

How long you've played hockey and how many separated shoulders you are lying to us about simply doesn't matter.

desdemona

May 25, 2008
Everybody expects Canada to blow the doors off the building tonight, and maybe that will happen. Russia's best chance is that Canada's emotional high, which the fans expect to be exhibited every night, will wane a little bit. I know Canada-Russia is an emotional rivalry, but it comes near the end of the tournament, when a lot of emotional energy has already been spent, and a natural level of fatigue has set in.

There is a lot of pressure on Canadian kids, more so than others, to play at 110% emotional peak every night, and if an opposing team can hang in the game and withstand the early onslaught, it is only human to find it hard to sustain 110% effort all the timet. Maybe wishful thinking for Russian fans, but the Russian team hasn't been accused of playing with all that much emotion in this tournament, with the possible exception of the QF against the Czechs, so you could say that the Russians have plenty of spare emotion left in the tank. The key for the Russians is to survive the early emotional barrage from the Canadians.

Exactly. I don't think that the Canadian's will lack in emotion, but they will have to work their way into it. Especially since some have had the flu recently. If we lose, I won't use that as an excuse, however. We'll be emotional, and ready, but perhaps not as intense as we want to be.

Glad someone on this board is still talking about hockey.

0123456789*

the 1968 part was awful - the whole soviet experiment didn't work out, yet you probably weren't even around when that happened. If you guys think you had it bad, read my previous post - in addition to that, you got free oil, gas, resources, military help and equipment, while I had to stand for 40-60 minutes in line to get bread, because Soviet Union subsidized your country. If you go ahead and blame Russia for Soviet Union, you should hate the other 14 republics and the rest of the soviet block countries as well, right?

As for Russian with money acting arrogant is true, I hate that, I no longer live in Russia and if faced - shut it down immediately. I was in Prague though and had seen it, so you are right here. Yet none of this explains Krejci's stupidity for diving and bad-mouthing a nation - as sport and politics are not to be mixed. I will not write on this issue again, as it is not a political board.

Czech republic did not suffer because of communism, Czech republic suffered because of Russian occupation. It was one of the most industrialized countries in the world and stayed in tact post ww2, it was used to help build up what was mostly a poor Russia at those times, Czechoslovakia, and specifically Czech republic got the short end of the stick. Yes this has nothing to do with regular people, but regular people remember it and teach their kids. I think history wouldent be as much of a issue if crime and the wealthy Russians didnt stir up lots of resentment, at that point its only natural to remember the past again.

Anyways this is way off topic now, I will make a effort to start a thread in the politics section because it would seem like a great topic to get some facts out.

By the way I am over the bad goal now, it was a good game overall. I really like the Russian goalie, he is going to be a star, Yakupov aslo looked great like usual, fun to watch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dynamo81

Mar 21, 2008
Aussie in Moscow
Czech republic did not suffer because of communism, Czech republic suffered because of Russian occupation. It was one of the most industrialized countries in the world and stayed in tact post ww2, it was used to help build up what was mostly a poor Russia at those times, Czechoslovakia, and specifically Czech republic got the short end of the stick. Yes this has nothing to do with regular people, but regular people remember it and teach their kids. I think history wouldent be as much of a issue if crime and the wealthy Russians didnt stir up lots of resentment, at that point its only natural to remember the past again.

So how is a 19 year old hockey player born after the fall of the Soviet Union supposed to remember Soviet Occupation. :help:

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
So how is a 19 year old hockey player born after the fall of the Soviet Union supposed to remember Soviet Occupation. :help:

there is a "habit" to hate russians because they are russians in slovakia/czech rep. You dont need a reason you hate russians for, you have nationaly and it is enough. I know, it is sad that our young generation has such bad attitude. It can be explained by less or biased education by parents and teachers. I dont say that every czech/slovak acts like this, but you would find any.

when I wanted to discuss future of KHL in 2010 year, I got an asnwer from NHL fans from Slovakia that reason for failure of KHL is only ONE - Russia. Just LOL, so many hate in their minds.

It is only my subjective opinion, not everyone has to agree.

Last edited:

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
It was just a fantastic game. It looked to be a game in which you would say "Mrazek will need to be terrific" for the Czechs to stay in the game, and "Mrazek will need to play like he did against the U.S." for the Czechs to win. The first period lived up to that hype. But by the end, it was a memorable goaltending duel, a wonderful game, and one of the best 1-1 games I've ever seen. The Czechs showed that they could be the Russians' equal.

It was, in essence, an elimination game, and it played like that. Every pass mattered. Every play counted. The Finland-Slovakia game earlier in the day played like a below-average round-robin game. The Russia-Czech Republic game was fantastic.

If the gold medal game is the best game of the tournament, then we're in for a treat.

TexasCsar

Dec 24, 2011
he got hit pretty good.

Whats pretty good in Czech? He couldn't even point to scratch on his face after the game, more less bleeding or any serious mark that would indicate he was injured. The only reason he was hit "pretty good" is because you have word czech in your nickname.

Dynamo81

Mar 21, 2008
Aussie in Moscow
there is a "habit" to hate russians because they are russians in slovakia/czech rep. You dont need a reason you hate russians for, you have nationaly and it is enough. I know, it is sad that our young generation has such bad attitude. It can be explained by less or biased education by parents and teachers. I dont say that every czech/slovak acts like this, but you would find any.

when I wanted to discuss future of KHL in 2010 year, I got an asnwer from NHL fans from Slovakia that reason for failure of KHL is only ONE - Russia. Just LOL, so many hate in their minds.

It is only my subjective opinion, not everyone has to agree.
The west would let Russia go down in flames in a heartbeat – would actively abet its fiscal destruction given the slightest opportunity. It’s because powerful policy interests in the west perceive Russia as Other; that it can never be made to ape western ways, and therefore any alliance would be like sleeping with a wild beast that might tear out your throat while you sleep. Those interests do an excellent job projecting their phobias, so successful that hosts of halfwits who have lost the ability to think for themselves believe it without question.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru

Anyways this is way off topic now, I will make a effort to start a thread in the politics section because it would seem like a great topic to get some facts out.

By the way I am over the bad goal now, it was a good game overall. I really like the Russian goalie, he is going to be a star, Yakupov aslo looked great like usual, fun to watch.

you are clearly biased and don't know what you talking about, as you are effected by propaganda. Slovaks fought us during the WWII, Czechs betrayed and robbed us during the Civil War when communists came to power - but it's the past, we had forgottne that. You and the likes are teaching your kids the long gone past - you are a shovinist, which is clearly true for most of Europe, do you teach your kids about territories annexed by the germans, do you teach them why so many chechs have german/austrian last names? This is rediculous, and the fact that you and the likes fail to recognize that trying to justify some pathetic 19 year old zit-covered teenagers pathetic tirade is crazy.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
It's sad that a thread for the best WJC game involving the Czechs in many, many years has degenerated to some of the posts above. I'm not trying to play mod (the mod's here do a great job), but some fans need to keep the focus on the game.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
you are clearly biased and don't know what you talking about, as you are effected by propaganda. Slovaks fought us during the WWII, Czechs betrayed and robbed us during the Civil War when communists came to power - but it's the past, we had forgottne that. You and the likes are teaching your kids the long gone past - you are a shovinist, which is clearly true for most of Europe, do you teach your kids about territories annexed by the germans, do you teach them why so many chechs have german/austrian last names? This is rediculous, and the fact that you and the likes fail to recognize that trying to justify some pathetic 19 year old zit-covered teenagers pathetic tirade is crazy.

it is a big off topic but interesting for me.. could we discuss it on another thread?

bold part - how?

Another problem for slovak/czech education is that you have minimum (almost nothing) lesses about our history after 1945 in primary/secondary schools. So kids have a little info. And what parents tell you? Just feeling based on experience not unbiased facts.

Did slovak fight at russian territory during WWII? I know, Slovaks were ally by Germans. Slovaks did not enter at polish territory as I know.

btw, you should know how some czechs hate Habsburgs...

TexasCsar

Dec 24, 2011
Anyone complaining about Czech diver and telling people they don't know hockey is a joke.
The alleged diver wasn't the problem.
The two other Czech players in the corner who let the one Russian come away the puck ... they were the problem

How long you've played hockey and how many separated shoulders you are lying to us about simply doesn't matter.

I'll bet you 1000 bucks and will donate it to charity of your choice for dvd of my dislocated shoulder. Wanna put your money where your mouth is, Bob?
BTW, we weren't talking about who's fault it was, simply about playing hockey the way it should be played and if it was wrong to take a dive in OT of pivotal playoff game. How about reading the post first? And no, Im not talking x-box hockey.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad