GDT: Quarter-final • Jan. 2 • Russia 2, Czech Republic 1 (OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
I don't get why someone are complaining about the refs this game, who I thought did an excellent job. They didn't wanna ruin the game by weak calls, and let them play fair 5on5 hockey to decide the winner instead.

Two great goalies, Mrazek stoned Kosov twice, and Vasilevsky also had so pretty awesome glove-saves.

The Czechs battle hard, but at the end I'm glad Russia won because it will make a much more intense and interesting semi vs. Canada. Czech wouldn't have a chance against Canada IMO, they already got shutout once by them.

Good game both teams, so stop being sore losers/winners, and move on!

Kaktus*

Game won by the refs for the Russians. Not mad, just saying facts. Hope Canada brings their another game to double digits.

ha ha ha.. You did not beat Russians for 13 straight games.

Are you sure you are not mad? Sounds like you are. Just a little bit? Maybe?
It's ok to cry in the corner somewhere or you can just tell how much you hate Russians.

Daniel Krejci did not come across like sore loser at all..

Last edited by a moderator:

Davebo*

I saw the refs ignore a couple of obvious instances of embellishment on what I thought were sure penalties, so it should have been no surprise that when Krejci went down like he was shot, the refs were going to ignore it. It was clear all game long that they were not going to get sucked in by diving or embellishment.

And look what happened - one of the best games of the tournament. Few whistles - loads of 5 on 5 speed back and forth - and over 70 shots on net between them.

The refs did a great job.

TexasCsar

Dec 24, 2011
I really dont know if hockey players in canada and america got highsticked in face 10 times a day so they dont really mind it, but for others ... yeah it hurts. Should be a penalty? Who knows, by IIHF rules probably yes, but i absolutely hate, when "tough" internet guys call everybody, who dont get shot in the head with a smile, diver...

10 times a day? Please. He couldn't find a scratch on his face. At least could have popped a zit while laying down there. He had all the time to do it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/juniorhocke...r-Krejci-after-Russia?urn=juniorhockey-wp5588

When asked to point out exactly where on his face the stick hit him, Krejci pointed below his left cheek, though there was nary a mark.

BELOW his cheek. For christ sake, go play soccer or something. Be like those italian soccer players. Fall flat on you ass in convulsions, get up 1 minute later and run with huge smile on your face.

PATHETIC !!!

Oh, and your "internet tough" guy here has been playing hockey for 20 years. Had dislocated shoulder twice, broken wrist and number of other stuff I can't even remember. Those of us that PLAY hockey would know better about divers like this czech kid. Some of us actually play hockey on ice, not on x-box 360.

Last edited:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
I really dont know if hockey players in canada and america got highsticked in face 10 times a day so they dont really mind it, but for others ... yeah it hurts. Should be a penalty? Who knows, by IIHF rules probably yes, but i absolutely hate, when "tough" internet guys call everybody, who dont get shot in the head with a smile, diver...

I don't claim to be the toughest guy on the internet, or even the toughest guy on most of the teams I have been on in my life, to be honest...

...but if I am in OT in a game that gets me into a medal position at a World Championship level, my dislodged head would have had to be dangling from the end of that stick for me to stop playing defence and preventing that goal from being scored.

The kid quit on the play trying to draw a penalty. A mistake he will have to live with for the rest of his life. I don't think it ruins his career or makes him a bad person, it makes him a teenager who made a terrible error in judgement.

TexasCsar

Dec 24, 2011
I don't claim to be the toughest guy on the internet, or even the toughest guy on most of the teams I have been on in my life, to be honest...

...but if I am in OT in a game that gets me into a medal position at a World Championship level, my dislodged head would have had to be dangling from the end of that stick for me to stop playing defence and preventing that goal from being scored.

The kid quit on the play trying to draw a penalty. A mistake he will have to live with for the rest of his life. I don't think it ruins his career or makes him a bad person, it makes him a teenager who made a terrible error in judgement.

I guess they do it differently in czech republic.
Its not going to ruin his career, but he will be known for this dive for a long long time. Especially if decides to make some cash in hated Russia and KHL.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
Its not going to ruin his career, but he will be known for this dive for a long long time. Especially if decides to make some cash in hated Russia and KHL.

Maybe, but I doubt it. Cultural differences are a huge factor here. In NA hockey, you do a big foolish looking dive and draw a penalty, most of your own teammates think you are an idiot and are embarassed by your actions. This is not so much the case in Europe. Look at soccer, where guys are flopping all the time, and when it works, the guy doing the flopping is viewed as heroic. Trying to draw penalties is as much a play as a good pass or a big hit.

I don't mean this as an insult, I just think you have two distinct ways of looking at the same play. I mean, to me, the gold medal we won with Steve Downie in Vancouver (2006, In think) is still tainted because of the phantom elbow he dropped like a stone on.

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
What is sad is the attitude of this child. He should learn to grow up.

Hate ? It's a sport a game nothing else. People like him start wars.

As for all this repression. Do you think the Russian people had it easy under Communism too ? Millions died.

If you want to talk nonsense about Russian mafias how about taking a close look at home.

Places like Litvinov where gypsies are attacked and the town is run by Czech mafiosi or Czech criminals who run off to South Africa and commit crimes there like Radovan Krejcir.

Or what about your own conduct in the aftermath of 1945 murdering innocent Sudeten German men women and children ? Or your current treatment of immigrant workers from Bulgaria or Romania ?

Perhaps we should all shun Czechs because of this.I might stop reading Kundera and listening to Janacek as a result of this.... :shakehead The world is painted in shades of grey. This immature idiot should learn to realize this before he engaged mouth with brain. Infact some people from the IIHF ought to have a word with him and his inflammatory comments.

Don't pretend your nation is squeaky clean and a martyr. Because no country is.

And as for some of the Canadian fans whistling at Zheldakov well.... Sad.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa

You gotta think that a lot of other players wouldve done the same thing. if u watch the replay he got hit pretty good. should he have went down? well sometimes you got to go down to get the right call. im sure many other players in this tourny wouldve went down. unfortunately for him and the czechs they didnt call it.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
They're young, they'll forget about tired as soon as they hit the ice and see the Maple Leaf emblem on the other side of the ice. They'll be pumped. We (Canada) on the other hand are unprepared as we've only had practices and not games and none in the previous round that was terribly challenging. The US made it interesting in the final period of the last, but that's it for physical preparation.

Don Hay is an excellent coach, so I have faith that he'll be able to turn any negative into a positive, but I highly doubt that we will romp over Russia because they're tired.

Everybody expects Canada to blow the doors off the building tonight, and maybe that will happen. Russia's best chance is that Canada's emotional high, which the fans expect to be exhibited every night, will wane a little bit. I know Canada-Russia is an emotional rivalry, but it comes near the end of the tournament, when a lot of emotional energy has already been spent, and a natural level of fatigue has set in.

There is a lot of pressure on Canadian kids, more so than others, to play at 110% emotional peak every night, and if an opposing team can hang in the game and withstand the early onslaught, it is only human to find it hard to sustain 110% effort all the timet. Maybe wishful thinking for Russian fans, but the Russian team hasn't been accused of playing with all that much emotion in this tournament, with the possible exception of the QF against the Czechs, so you could say that the Russians have plenty of spare emotion left in the tank. The key for the Russians is to survive the early emotional barrage from the Canadians.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa

As for all this repression. Do you think the Russian people had it easy under Communism too ? Millions died.

If you want to talk nonsense about Russian mafias how about taking a close look at home.

Places like Litvinov where gypsies are attacked and the town is run by Czech mafiosi or Czech criminals who run off to South Africa and commit crimes there like Radovan Krejcir.

Or what about your own conduct in the aftermath of 1945 murdering innocent Sudeten German men women and children ? Or your current treatment of immigrant workers from Bulgaria or Romania ?

Perhaps we should all shun Czechs because of this.I might stop reading Kundera and listening to Janacek as a result of this.... :shakehead The world is painted in shades of grey. This immature idiot should learn to realize this before he engaged mouth with brain. Infact some people from the IIHF ought to have a word with him and his inflammatory comments.

Who should they talk to?

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa

dont even know whos comment your talking about but politics should be left out of sports. and its absolutely absurd that you would say we should all shun the czechs! just cause of one guys comments? you have any idea what the russians did to czechoslavakia?

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
dont even know whos comment your talking about but politics should be left out of sports. and its absolutely absurd that you would say we should all shun the czechs! just cause of one guys comments? you have any idea what the russians did to czechoslavakia?

by Russians u mean Georgian Stalin, Ukrainina Khrushev and Brezhnev? LOL

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
dont want to get into it. its not right to do so. but you shouldnt be writing stuff like that on here man. its not the place for it.

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site

so in the same post you say that politics should be left out of sports and follow that up with 1968?

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
dont want to get into it. its not right to do so. but you shouldnt be writing stuff like that on here man. its not the place for it.

i fully-fully agree with you, but you have misunderstood takharov, he meant that if Krejci and some other previous posters would bring in politics than he should do the following....He didn't actually say he would proceed with that, it was a figure of speech.

corrected

Last edited:

Kaktus*

You gotta think that a lot of other players wouldve done the same thing. if u watch the replay he got hit pretty good. should he have went down? well sometimes you got to go down to get the right call. im sure many other players in this tourny wouldve went down. unfortunately for him and the czechs they didnt call it.
He was not hit pretty good. Just like previous high sticking penalty. it was not a penalty. Just a dive.

Maybe if Czech's stopped diving the result would be different. What do you say there friend?

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
by Russians u mean Georgian Stalin, Ukrainina Khrushev and Brezhnev? LOL

yeah sorry i dont mean all of russia obviously. im not saying lets all shun the russians because of what these guys did am i? this takharov guy is saying lets all shun the czechs because of one guys comments. does that make sense? not at all its absurd.

russians have nothing to do with what happened in czechoslovakia.
just like czechs have nothing to do with what some czech hockey player said.

so nobody should be shunned is what im saying.

Zolik37

#1 Nate Guenin fan
Aug 17, 2011

It looks like you don't know what you are talking about.
But you are right in one thing, "he should grow" so it's beyond me why are you so obsessed by some immature words of a teenage boy.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
i fully-fully agree with you, but you have misunderstood Yakushev, he meant that if Krejci and some other previous posters would bring in politics than he should do the following....He didn't actually say he would proceed with that, it was a figure of speech.

yes your right but he was saying we should all shun the czechs. thats not right to say. that was just bothering me thats all. i appologize.

Davebo*

Canadian fans of hockey do not whistle to boo a player. If he was whistled at, look to the Czechs in the crowd.

If we're displeased with someone - you'll ****ing know it. None of that *****-whistling here! ;)

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Anyways it was an unbelievable hockey game and congrats to the russians for the win. should be an unreal game with the canadians. may the best team win.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
I saw the refs ignore a couple of obvious instances of embellishment on what I thought were sure penalties, so it should have been no surprise that when Krejci went down like he was shot, the refs were going to ignore it. It was clear all game long that they were not going to get sucked in by diving or embellishment.

And look what happened - one of the best games of the tournament. Few whistles - loads of 5 on 5 speed back and forth - and over 70 shots on net between them.

The refs did a great job.

Except for that very questionable high stick call late in the game (that could have changed to outcome), I agree.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
yeah sorry i dont mean all of russia obviously. im not saying lets all shun the russians because of what these guys did am i? this takharov guy is saying lets all shun the czechs because of one guys comments. does that make sense? not at all its absurd.

russians have nothing to do with what happened in czechoslovakia.
just like czechs have nothing to do with what some czech hockey player said.

so nobody should be shunned is what im saying.

i meant takharov, not yakushev, the rest is in my post above

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad