OT: Puns n' COSes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Sadly he probably woke up in a ditch wondering how he got there and why he’s naked.

He was on Sprucedale Drive near Cane Ridge High School from the early reports. A friend of mine lives a block over and has been on Facebook Live filming the scene and said Cane Ridge Elementary. I'm not familiar with the area.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
He was caught off of Hobson Pike which is essentially Mt Juliet Road when you just keep driving down towards Antioch. Same road.

If this was racially motivated I really hope there's not a downward spiral of racial tension at some point. He just moved here from Illinois so he's not one of us, but it happened here so if there are reprocussions we'll have to deal with it. Gotta come together as a city and show that we're all disgusted by it

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
A few years back we had two ice storms hit in one week, so everything was encased in ice for practically a week. After the second storm, we were looking out our kitchen window and noticed we had a bunch of robins on the roofs of the sheds in back. We decided to go look out the front windows, and saw robins everywhere out front too. I went out to see what was going on, and discovered they were eating the berries off of our holly bushes out front. We must've had over 50 or 60 out front. I took this picture of a bunch of them in a small maple tree.
When I lived in Lewisburg TN during the mid 70's I remember seeing robins year round--but it may not have been every year, just the milder ones. At the time, I figured that's where they must have wintered, but I have never noticed them here in Nashville during the winter months. I guess we're a little north and east of Lewisburg over in Hermitage but you wouldn't think 50 miles would make that much of a difference.

Glad they caught that guy. I'm not a fearful person as a rule, but this one got me kind of nervous.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I went back to college to give my chance to have a future and I nearly die of malnutrition and lost all passion to go forward. Love it.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
He was on Sprucedale Drive near Cane Ridge High School from the early reports. A friend of mine lives a block over and has been on Facebook Live filming the scene and said Cane Ridge Elementary. I'm not familiar with the area.
My work building had security posted all around that morning before he was caught. The building is about 7 or 8 minutes away from where he was caught, fun stuff.

Hopefully they throw the book at this waste of space & charge the father as well for giving the weapons back to him.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
My work building had security posted all around that morning before he was caught. The building is about 7 or 8 minutes away from where he was caught, fun stuff.

Hopefully they throw the book at this waste of space & charge the father as well for giving the weapons back to him.

This was scary.. I wonder how many people carried during that time when normally would have left at home? Not trying to start a debate or taking a position.........just was very weird time. I'm glad they caught him.

Reactions: Datsyukian Deke

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
If any of you old time Nashvillians want to take a trip down Memory Lane, this is quite the video. The difference between Nashville 1994 and now...well, just take a look. Downtown starts around the 7:00 mark.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
That video is great. 1994. Back when I never wanted to go downtown at night for fear of being shanked. Though I guess we did go down 2nd but avoided Broadway like the plague.

Did you notice that Legend's Corner was a check cashing/western union spot. :)

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I remember driving to downtown Nashville to pick up my dad when he taught at Hume Fogg in the late 70's and the windows of the stores on Lower Broad were dusty and/or broken, it was mostly adult shops, dive bars and pawn shops. The only thing on the streets were bums, weeds and the occasional tourist in their cowboy boots and polyester. When I first came to Preds games in 1998 I remember still being afraid to go down on Broadway, but by 2000 I felt completely comfortable coming downtown alone or with my kids.

Reactions: Predarat

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
So. Y'all might be wondering where I got off to.

Well, in case you missed it, I am now two time zones* away from Nashville. And, in the process, I also got a job driving school bus here in the great city of Mesa, Arizona. Unfortunately, the #Red4Ed movement means I'm currently not working, since schools have been closed since last Wednesday.

I've tried to keep up with the Preds, though start times at 5:30-6:00 have made it a bit tough (Sarah's just getting home about then, and I have to get up early to do AM runs).

I'm still here, though. And despite me having a Yotes plate to try to keep NHL hockey here in the Valley, I'm still a Preds fan.

Oh and Adz: I notice in that video that the camera never bothered to pan to the other side when they were going past the Nashville Convention Center...

* - Only one in the winter during standard time. AST is a bit funny that way.

Reactions: Viqsi

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
So. Y'all might be wondering where I got off to.

Well, in case you missed it, I am now two time zones* away from Nashville. And, in the process, I also got a job driving school bus here in the great city of Mesa, Arizona. Unfortunately, the #Red4Ed movement means I'm currently not working, since schools have been closed since last Wednesday.

I've tried to keep up with the Preds, though start times at 5:30-6:00 have made it a bit tough (Sarah's just getting home about then, and I have to get up early to do AM runs).

I'm still here, though. And despite me having a Yotes plate to try to keep NHL hockey here in the Valley, I'm still a Preds fan.

Oh and Adz: I notice in that video that the camera never bothered to pan to the other side when they were going past the Nashville Convention Center...

* - Only one in the winter during standard time. AST is a bit funny that way.
First off--good to hear from you.

I was looking over there, too, but my guess it was either a construction zone or still that old warehouse/parking lot at the time. I've seen some old aerials of the space and it was pretty nondescript. Just an old building of some sort. Of course I can't find it NOW...

RE the time zones--Original_Name has the same deal in Japan. In winter, he's 15 hours different, but right now it's only 14 because Imabari doesn't have DST.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Tim McGraws I like it I love it is being used in an Applebee's ad........I don't like it!!! Lol

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Cant post link but multiple news outlets reporting. Apparently happened at Old Navy. 2 injured. Suspect in custody.

Hope all of you are safe.

Reactions: Cellee

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I took my sister to the airport from her house around 2 when this was apparently going down, and she lives right across Briley Pkwy from the mall. I drive for Uber so I was gonna head back that way because my app said there was high demand at the mall/hotel, and as I was, I got a notification of a shooter. Safe to say I abandoned that idea.

Reactions: Cellee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille