OT: Puns n' COSes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
The mall has a little bit of history with sketchy things happening there, involving shootings. I'm guessing it was an incident between people who knew each other. The immediate area around the mall isn't bad but there are some outlying areas a few miles to the north that have rough parts and Opry Mills is certainly a gathering place of people in the area

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Channel 2 news (Bob Mueller) said it was the result of an altercation. So that's a bit comforting, particularly since it's close to my work.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Anyone want a floor ticket for Foo Fighters tomorrow night? Face value is $130 but I’m flexible.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
What's with all these shootings as of late? It almost makes you feel they are government agents. But what I really think it is typical violence and shootings are more publicized compared to the past, and this causes crazy people to do what they would usually be afraid to do (Aka take revenge with violence, etc.)

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
What's with all these shootings as of late? It almost makes you feel they are government agents. But what I really think it is typical violence and shootings are more publicized compared to the past, and this causes crazy people to do what they would usually be afraid to do (Aka take revenge with violence, etc.)
More about media and news getting out quickly. Gunfight at OK Corral would have been a National news story with live media and police reports in today’s world.

Reactions: adsfan

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
Had a crappy day Thursday but made a point of looking up and around my farm, spring bird migration is nearing peak. Visually identified 34 species and saw a few I could not positively ID. And the Preds won.

Life isn't THAT bad after all. Ah Perspective, where have you been my old friend?

Reactions: predfan98

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Had a crappy day Thursday but made a point of looking up and around my farm, spring bird migration is nearing peak. Visually identified 34 species and saw a few I could not positively ID. And the Preds won.

Life isn't THAT bad after all. Ah Perspective, where have you been my old friend?
I had a boyfriend in college whose passion then and now is birds. He found a red cockaded woodpecker over in the Smoky Mountains (quite rare in that area, at least in 1979) and was going about doing his thesis on it. Now he's head of some department* with the US Fish and Wildlife Service and goes all over North and South America finding birds. Nice to be able to get paid for doing what you like doing already!

*South Atlantic Coordinator

Last edited:

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
You know you've had a shit 24 hours when the Preds disappointing you is only the fourth worst thing to happen.

I really, really needed that win. The guys totally let me down.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
As I've mentioned from time to time, I go to Paradise Park with some friends before the games. I was leaving last night to walk to the arena and saw an ambulance outside but didn't think much of it. Although after the game I found out that a guy I know had a heart attack and had to go to Vanderbilt. He isn't one of my close friends or anything but I've still known him for awhile and it was just weird that that was the reason we didn't see him. Kinda sucks.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
re: Wheel of Fortune--their child, Wrigley, is the one that is in those cute little pro Preds videos. Kid Vids usually annoy me but she's adorable.

re: Other--I was talking to my friend the other night after the game. It's just unreal how up or how down our hockey gets us, and it takes a bit of life here and there to put it all in perspective. But it's the thrills (and there have been many) that keeps me going and that has to be factored in, as well.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Some exciting yet bittersweet news on my front personally. When we lost on Thursday I said my unofficial goodbyes to the people I consistently interact with at the games, and have for years, because I thought that I may be relocating this summer. I haven't really said much about it but I was treating this postseason differently because I thought I might be gone next year. Every game I was trying to take it all in in case I wasn't back. Turns out that'll be accurate. I found out I'll be moving to Seattle at some point this offseason, likely in the next month or so. I'm 33 years old and although I love this city I grew up in and the Preds mean the world to me, and have since Day 1, it's a new chapter in my life I need to take and I'm excited for it. I'll miss not being here when the Preds are entering their peak of popularity in town, but I'll be around long time friends who live there that represent the team out at a bar for nearly every game. It'll be fun. So with that said it'll be sad to leave Smashville, but back to the west coast I go. Here's to hoping we win a Cup as soon as I leave!

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Sorry to see you go but also glad you’re relocating to a cool city. Plus, you will have a great opportunity to support a new franchise if you find yourself able to open up a bit! Might have some opportunity to be the Seattle version of a Pred Wing.

Anecdotally, we visited Seattle last year after the playoffs and had a number of people who spotted our Preds gear and wanted to talk. You’re going into a good hockey environment even before their expansion arrives.

Reactions: Drake744

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Sorry to see you go but also glad you’re relocating to a cool city. Plus, you will have a great opportunity to support a new franchise if you find yourself able to open up a bit! Might have some opportunity to be the Seattle version of a Pred Wing.

Anecdotally, we visited Seattle last year after the playoffs and had a number of people who spotted our Preds gear and wanted to talk. You’re going into a good hockey environment even before their expansion arrives.
There really are a good amount of hockey fans there. The WHL teams (the second is about 30 miles north in Everett) do well and their season ticket deposits for expansion hit 25,000 in 12 minutes. Pretty solid. My best friend found out this year that his neighbor is a big Preds fan, and he's not even from Nashville haha.

It is a great city though. I'm excited about it.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
There have been many reasons for me "not" to leave Nashville, but if I was 33 I'd certainly have a different outlook on things. Go and best wishes to you moving forward. You can always stop by here, just to keep a pulse on what's going on in these parts.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
There have been many reasons for me "not" to leave Nashville, but if I was 33 I'd certainly have a different outlook on things. Go and best wishes to you moving forward. You can always stop by here, just to keep a pulse on what's going on in these parts.
Thank you very much. I will be representing in Vancouver the best I can when we're there haha. I certainly won't leave these boards. That would be blasphemy.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
Some exciting yet bittersweet news on my front personally. When we lost on Thursday I said my unofficial goodbyes to the people I consistently interact with at the games, and have for years, because I thought that I may be relocating this summer. I haven't really said much about it but I was treating this postseason differently because I thought I might be gone next year. Every game I was trying to take it all in in case I wasn't back. Turns out that'll be accurate. I found out I'll be moving to Seattle at some point this offseason, likely in the next month or so. I'm 33 years old and although I love this city I grew up in and the Preds mean the world to me, and have since Day 1, it's a new chapter in my life I need to take and I'm excited for it. I'll miss not being here when the Preds are entering their peak of popularity in town, but I'll be around long time friends who live there that represent the team out at a bar for nearly every game. It'll be fun. So with that said it'll be sad to leave Smashville, but back to the west coast I go. Here's to hoping we win a Cup as soon as I leave!
Definitely wishing you all the best with your move! Beautiful area to move to, indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->