OT: Puns n' COSes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I love the area, although not a big fan of that drizzle that never seems to end. I didn't think Everett was that far away though, seemed a much quicker drive than that when I stayed there.

Anyways hopefully you enjoy it. I did the same thing moving to Atlanta in my late 20's, and couldn't wait to get the heck out of there when I got the chance lol.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I love the area, although not a big fan of that drizzle that never seems to end. I didn't think Everett was that far away though, seemed a much quicker drive than that when I stayed there.

Anyways hopefully you enjoy it. I did the same thing moving to Atlanta in my late 20's, and couldn't wait to get the heck out of there when I got the chance lol.
Seattle to Everett is kinda like Nashville to Murfreesboro. But anyways, the weather can be annoying at times but it's a little overblown from my experience. It's not as "rainy" as a lot of people think but it's certainly cloudy a lot. But the summers are great and its never really that hot so I'll be able to handle that. I spent a few years living in San Diego and LA and, while I love the west coast, California just isn't for me again right now for a few reasons. My two best friends are up there and that'll definitely help. When they get the expansion team I'll root for them on the side, but my priorities will never change, believe that.

Last edited:

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Seattle to Everett is kinda like Nashville to Murfreesboro. But anyways, the weather can be annoying at times but it's a little overblown from my experience. It's not as "rainy" as a lot of people think but it's certainly cloudy a lot. But the summers are great and its never really that hot so I'll be able to handle that. I spent a few years living in San Diego and LA and, while I love the west coast, California just isn't for me again right now for a few reasons. My two best friends are up there and that'll definitely help. When they get the expansion team I'll root for them on the side, but my priorities will never change, believe that.
Yeah it's not really a rain, just this odd mist. I think I may have had a day the entire week I was there that was dry. Its definitely a fun town, only down side is the distinct lack of sweet tea lol. I had a momentary lapse of reason and ordered it once, the looks of horror I got when I tried to explain it was amusing.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Yeah it's not really a rain, just this odd mist. I think I may have had a day the entire week I was there that was dry. Its definitely a fun town, only down side is the distinct lack of sweet tea lol. I had a momentary lapse of reason and ordered it once, the looks of horror I got when I tried to explain it was amusing.

Sweet tea is truly southern. You order tea pretty much anywhere in the world and you literally just get tea. You order tea in the south it comes standard sweet. Talk about a look of horror, ordering tea and getting a sugar bomb surprise delivery!

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Sweet tea is truly southern. You order tea pretty much anywhere in the world and you literally just get tea. You order tea in the south it comes standard sweet. Talk about a look of horror, ordering tea and getting a sugar bomb surprise delivery!
I like it with maybe some lemon or mint but that's it. I don't like sugary drinks in general, though I will enjoy a Dr. Pepper at the holidays.

Reactions: LCPreds

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I was just looking at the video that Adz posted. I was in the Wild Horse Saloon in early November of 2001. I remember buying an American flag pin that they were selling in the entrance. It was one of the few things that I recognized besides the newspaper building and the Ryman Auditorium / Tootsie's.

I remember the National Guard was at the airport carrying M-16s or AR-15s when I landed because of 9-11. Some lady with a kid about 6 or 7 years old was asking one of them for directions. The Guardsman was trying to turn to keep his weapon out of sight of the boy as he was speaking and pointing. It was nice to see somebody with a rifle trying to be nice and considerate as his partner has this look on his face like he can't believe the whole scene.

Is that Fuddrucker's still open? We used to have 3 in the Milwaukee area. Now we have one and it is 15 miles away from my home and the traffic is awful when you drive to it. I have gone there for my birthday a few times over the years and once when I got my car repaired at the then nearby Sears.

Reactions: LCPreds

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I was just looking at the video that Adz posted. I was in the Wild Horse Saloon in early November of 2001. I remember buying an American flag pin that they were selling in the entrance. It was one of the few things that I recognized besides the newspaper building and the Ryman Auditorium / Tootsie's.

I remember the National Guard was at the airport carrying M-16s or AR-15s when I landed because of 9-11. Some lady with a kid about 6 or 7 years old was asking one of them for directions. The Guardsman was trying to turn to keep his weapon out of sight of the boy as he was speaking and pointing. It was nice to see somebody with a rifle trying to be nice and considerate as his partner has this look on his face like he can't believe the whole scene.

Is that Fuddrucker's still open? We used to have 3 in the Milwaukee area. Now we have one and it is 15 miles away from my home and the traffic is awful when you drive to it. I have gone there for my birthday a few times over the years and once when I got my car repaired at the then nearby Sears.
Map says it's at 2020 West End, so I guess it's still in same location. I thought it was long gone, but I don't go down that way much.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
I can't wait to hear from all the triggered individuals that live outside metro to chime in about this.

I don't see any sjw planning marches on social media ...... so I don't imagine there are any "triggered" millennials

Unless you're counting clay Travis podcast, but he really doesnt fall into the triggered category.. dbap

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Have any of the mayoral candidates expressed positions that directly affect the Preds either positively or negatively?

If so the I would say the Preds have a reason to support or oppose a candidate. Otherwise I agree they would be best to remain silent to avoid antagonizing a segment of the population. And possibly the incoming mayor

Reactions: Adz

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Map says it's at 2020 West End, so I guess it's still in same location. I thought it was long gone, but I don't go down that way much.

Thanks Adz!

I looked at a map to see how I missed it. I was driving west on Broadway to get to the Parthenon and I went left at that Y intersection, missing West End. Then I worked my way around the Vanderbilt campus to get to Centennial Park. Coming back to the Downtown area, I was on the other side of the street in a lot of traffic and missed it.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Have any of the mayoral candidates expressed positions that directly affect the Preds either positively or negatively?

If so the I would say the Preds have a reason to support or oppose a candidate. Otherwise I agree they would be best to remain silent to avoid antagonizing a segment of the population. And possibly the incoming mayor
Nope. No positions or issues. And the preds were actively endorsing the transit plan that just got voted Down. They have stayed out of politics until the past year.....
IMO Sean Henry overstepped.
There is a story on Fox News local about how unusual this is.... there's a video showing Sean Henry with gnash endorsing briley.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I see it as akin to endorsements by various unions (Police, Fire, Teachers, Services Employers, etc), Business coalitions, the Chamber of Commerce, newspapers, NRA, and so forth. If the issues or the expected actions of a candidate affect you, your outlook, or your business it is a civic right for them to express a preference. The Nashville Predators is a sports team but it's also a business tied to Metro government via their lease, taxes, and their location in the city. It's a valid reason to have an opinion--but the Preds "business" and the Preds "my team" are not the same thing and shouldn't have been represented as such.

Gnash shouldn't have been involved. This was Sean Henry as President of the Nashville Predators representing the team/business, and shouldn't have been treated as an endorsement by the players/mascot/broadcasters, etc. That was overstepping bounds but it's also an overreaction to make it about the Preds as opposed to the ownership.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
OK, studying to become a CPA, trying to find $300 to start a business, and now MS is kicking my ass.

And I want to drown every SOB who wants to toss the Preds anchors with trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->