OT: Puns n' COSes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
I won a Yeti cooler full of Dales Pale Ale tonight at a bar. $300 cooler with $20 of beer in it. And a Dale's trucker hat. Also a sticker and bottle opener.

Rather have won playoff tix but that was the second place prize. Whatever.

Reactions: Adz and LCPreds

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Send some prayers to Canada for the Humboldt Bronchos. Fatal bus crash of CJHL players. The rumors and images are not anywhere close to good.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
So I just read in his blog in eks site that Paul said Krazy Kyle had an "epic troll job" of the Blue Jackets Saturday night... but he said "if you didn't notice, I ain't telling"

So did any of you notice?

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
So 2 days ago we had a power outage and when the power came back on smoke started billowing from one of our vents. I guess it's a blessing that we were still home when it happened, mainly due to having no coffee and it taking us forever to get ready. There was a fire that had come from a bad wire inside the furnace unit--capacitors and stuff involved (???). The smoke was really thick--I had to open doors and windows for it to be safe to stay inside. Mr. Adz turned off the power and we called the repair people. Unfortunately our 18 year old electric furnace had ceased to be. It had gone to meet his maker. It was an ex furnace. So today we're having that done. I told my daughter about this lovely expense and her first comment was "and it's during playoffs, too!" Heh, she knows what would come first if push came to shove. So there would be lots and lots of space heaters and fans, hockey WINS.

Reactions: Viqsi

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
What's the opposite of like on HF?.
page-image-10360-b323194c-7d22-4c4f-b13d-7fd6686c01b3.gif

Reactions: Adz and LCPreds

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
So I just read in his blog in eks site that Paul said Krazy Kyle had an "epic troll job" of the Blue Jackets Saturday night... but he said "if you didn't notice, I ain't telling"

So did any of you notice?
I sure as heck didn't. But I opted to take the brief period between end-of-regular-season and start-of-playoffs off from hockey, because I can't afford the extra insanity that emerges in that time period.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
@PredsV82 and @Viqsi
It was March of the Victors, the Michigan fight song for those unaware of such things (like myself). I didn't notice it in the arena, just happened to see it mentioned when I was reviewing some old posts somewhere.
John Philip Sousa is said to have called The Victors "the greatest college fight song ever written"...couldn't agree with him more. Go Blue! :yo:

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
John Philip Sousa is said to have called The Victors "the greatest college fight song ever written"...couldn't agree with him more. Go Blue! :yo:

On, Wisconsin! On, Wisconsin! Plunge right through that line!
Run the ball right down the field, a touchdown sure this time.
On, Wisconsin! On, Wisconsin! Fight on for her fame,
Fight! Fellows! Fight! Fight, fight, we'll win this game.

On, Wisconsin! On, Wisconsin! Stand up, Badgers sing!
'Forward' is our driving spirit loyal voices ring.
On, Wisconsin! On, Wisconsin! Raise her glowing flame!
Stand, fellows, let us now salute her name!

:thumbu:

Reactions: Datsyukian Deke

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
You would think Ohio State and Wisconsin would tag team vs Michigan because the Toledo War cost Wisconsin the upper peninsula?

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee

Nothing but love for Wisconsin! :towel:

Anybody but Little Brother & the hairless nuts in the Big 10, is just fine by me.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN

Pfft. Everyone knows it's Rocky Top. My favorite part is where they get their corn from a jar. If that doesn't urge people on to fight, I just don't know what's wrong with them.
Woo!

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
@PredsV82 and @Viqsi
It was March of the Victors, the Michigan fight song for those unaware of such things (like myself). I didn't notice it in the arena, just happened to see it mentioned when I was reviewing some old posts somewhere.
Ah. That's not much of a troll job w/r/t the Jackets per se; heck, Werenski and JJ are both Michigan men (for which we forgive them; after all, nobody's perfect ;) ). There actually is a Buckeye in the system at the moment, but he's in Cleveland (Zac Dalpe).

The thing is, Buckeye hockey has been kind of neglected for a long time; anyone of real value from here who stays in state goes to Miami. It's getting better, possibly due to inspiration by the new B1G hockey conference - witness this year's Frozen Four appearance - but it's still ultimately kind of a punchline.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Pffffft. Everybody knows the Best Fight Song Ever is.....

The Old Gray Mare..

Go Racers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad