OT: Puns n' COSes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
That's not how this works. ;-) You're supposed to cut your soda AND the milkshakes AND the french toast muffin out. You can have kale and blueberries. Probably.
Screw some kale, I don't know how anyone can eat that.

I've recently started trying to eat healthy and it's much easier than it used to be, luckily I like most fish and seafood. Hardest thing for me to let go of is pasta and bread, well and anything fried.

Down 6 pounds over the last two weeks, and haven't been perfect but I'm getting there.

When the Dr. looks at you and says " or else " you take things a bit more seriously.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
That's not how this works. ;-) You're supposed to cut your soda AND the milkshakes AND the french toast muffin out. You can have kale and blueberries. Probably.

I hate blueberries and I've already dropped 2-3 inches off my waist.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I hate blueberries and I've already dropped 2-3 inches off my waist.
That's good, except the blueberries part because they're so good for you! I eat very limited sugar. Part of this is for pre-diabetes (which I don't have now) and part for weight loss. I lost weight initially but hit a plateau. You've got to take more things away, exercise (this is my bane) and be very diligent about not rewarding yourself for every success or it won't last. Sugar is addictive, eating some makes you want more.

I love kale, dandelion greens, chard, broccoli, brussels sprouts, all that. Used to hate it. My grandmother told me when I was a little girl that my taste might change one day and to keep trying it...and one day it did. Asparagus was the last hold out and my friend made me eat some a few months ago and I liked it.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I love kale, dandelion greens, chard, broccoli, brussels sprouts, all that. Used to hate it. My grandmother told me when I was a little girl that my taste might change one day and to keep trying it...and one day it did. Asparagus was the last hold out and my friend made me eat some a few months ago and I liked it.
This doesn't make sense to me. Broccoli is wonderful. Asparagus is good stuff. Also have a love for bok choy. But kale is the most vile thing ever even passingly thought of as edible.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
f*** sour cream.

I remember one time I went to Taco Bell and got my usual at the time but I forgot to order the burrito without sour cream and one bite in I legitimately almost puked everything up after spitting that out.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Sour cream I can handle, greens I can handle, kale is something they came up with just to see if people were dumb enough to eat it.
Looks like I was the one! I hate seaweed, though. I tried some of that dried stuff they have as a "snack" in Japan. They can keep it.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Looks like I was the one! I hate seaweed, though. I tried some of that dried stuff they have as a "snack" in Japan. They can keep it.
Have never tried that particular preparation myself, but it's essential for sushi. I looooove sushi.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Have never tried that particular preparation myself, but it's essential for sushi. I looooove sushi.
See I don't like sushi and oddly for me it's not the weird stuff on or in it I don't like. It's the rice itself I can't handle and the vinegar they use in it. I like vinegar but whatever that is I just can't handle.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Where do prawns, truffles, pigeon, macarons, and coffee fall in all of this?
Prawns--yes, truffles-truffle butter is good (all I've tried), pigeon--I like quail. Same thing, right? Macarons-No (nor macaroons), coffee-yes, unflavored, unsugared, with real milk.

Sushi- no. I just hate the fishy taste. Now I realize it's probably the seaweed I hate and maybe not the actual stuff rolled up in it.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Live in what I believe is a decently nice neighborhood in Murfreesboro. Was behind someone who thought it was ok to just throw trash out of their car on the side of the road in front of me (HS or college kids). I was most surprised that they seemed surprised that this would bother me.

/parenting... smh

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Prednisone, cure for Post defeat depression syndrome?

Edit: I'm a 38 year old college dormer who's never gotten the chicken pox either. That next? LOL
I am telling you from experience that you need to get the immunization for that ASAP. Mr. Admiral never had it as a kid but caught it from our kids at age 38. It nearly killed him, and I am not exaggerating.

I've never had mono, sounds gruesome, though. Hope you feel better soon.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Prednisone, cure for Post defeat depression syndrome?

Edit: I'm a 38 year old college dormer who's never gotten the chicken pox either. That next? LOL

You should get the vaccine, stat. Chicken pox in adults is no joke...

Edit... adzy beat me to it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad