OT: Puns n' COSes

Status
Not open for further replies.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I am one week from my last day of (real) work, and one month from my formal retirement.

It's not really all that and a bag of chips; essentially I'm resigning and getting a monthly check as a consolation prize for having slaved for the SOWI for 24+ years.

Be glad you have a job with a designated pension that your state has funded. Kentuckys system is something like 30 billion dollars underfunded and there is gonna be hell to pay to fix it. I won't go into the politics of pensions but I'd suggest you may be in the last generation to get such benefits...

Last edited:
Reactions: NoNecksCurse

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Be glad you have a job with a designated pension that your state has funded. Kentuckys system is something like 30 billion dollars underfunded and there is gonna be hell to pay to fix it. I won't go into the politics of pensions but I'd suggest you may be in the last generation to get such benefits...
I think some states may last longer. Tennessee was smart and recently a few years ago converted to some sort of hybrid system, but I am grandfathered into the legacy plan thankfully.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
This is going WAY back. Does anyone remember who was referred to as the "Team Poet" for the Preds? This was probably back when we played Vancouver in the playoffs. There was an article in a Montreal paper that IIRC when translated it referred to one of our players with that description. I think it was Steve Sullivan, but I am not sure because I think they called him the Cloakroom Crusader so it may be someone else. I was updating some files and had a note that "Team Poet" was my answer to some password log in question (who's your favorite player or something like that) but of COURSE I would have coded it to myself. Obviously I haven't been asked the question in awhile, but I may need to know it someday.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Happy Retirement!

I hope I never have to retire--but it is by choice. I love my job. Helps when you work with muppets.

Reactions: jwhouk

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I have wanted to post something about hands in inappropriate places, but I won't. ;)
Oh, you remember that picture, huh? That Elmo...such a naughty muppet! I kind of laughed when my sister picked out a Tickle Me Elmo for my new granddaughter.

Yeah! Jan. 1 Jailbait is marrying her HS sweetheart--he has a 21 month old so I get a built in toddler to play with in the deal. I got her a math toy because I'm me. It's a LeapFrog talking oven--she'll love it--but it's totally math.

Reactions: loyeks

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Saw a meme of Kermit shortly after the whole Weinstein thing broke with him looking sad and saying "To get a job in Hollywood I had to let Jim Henson put his whole hand..." Im sure you can guess the rest...

Reactions: Adz

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I must have missed where Calle is your new crush... Cale, then Calle... :cool:

I like his non-celly's and his cold Swedish ways. Also he's cute and besides the Cale/Calle thing, his last name is awesome. That we traded Legwand for him was the icing, though. You might remember I had a love hate relationship with David...

Still, I never just have ONE crush.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Just over 12 hours until I return to Smashville. Trying to decide on the packing list. Jersey for the game packed ... jersey for the concert packed ... might have an option for Friday's practice if I go (VOPAT!!!).

Livers are for the weak.

Screw it, they have dialysis machines right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad