OT: Puns n' COSes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Okay, this is going to be long, but this is so crazy.

Last night I heard a noise. A door slam. Mr. Adz wasn't expected home for what could be hours so I thought it must be the cat or the wind.

I ate dinner then went downstairs to iron. Mr. Adz came in around an hour later and said, "Hey, you took out the air conditioner!" No--the cord of the AC had been yanked out of the wall, destroying the outlet and the back door was unlocked. Someone crawled in through the window then unlocked the door. The AC was over by the fence. So we're a little freaked out but nothing of value seems to be gone. We make plans for how to react if we encounter someone the next day.

This morning I saw a couple of jerseys and decided I should probably put them with the others so I went into our guest bedroom. My personal files had been gone through and set to the side. They had been in the house at the time I got home. They didn't find anything of value, but they were looking for something, like maybe SS card or birth certificates or passports or whatever. They'd gone through drawers and had dragged stuff out.

As I went to hang up the jerseys, I saw all my other jerseys were gone along with Preds hats, my hoodies and other stuff--it was stripped. They had gone through my jewelry box and took my Preds pins and bracelet. This was a targeted theft of Preds and other NHL stuff. They left a laptop, TV's, computers, a ring etc...it was Preds stuff they were after and they knew I was a Preds fan. Which is quite scary.

So if you see any of the following being sold, please let me know.

Mustard Third KARIYA 9
Mustard Third DUNHAM 1
Classics—blue and white, some signatures (not sure how many, one white one is from first year and has fight strap, one blue one is from first year)
White classic with Cale Hulse signature only, no name or number
MLKQT either child’s XL or Adult XS
Child size classic, may have a name on it—can’t remember.
Blue thirds in S and M, no names
Gold no name
Gold from last few years with FORSBERG 9
Also a gold hat, a gold hoodie (STH giveaway), and a couple of Preds pins.
Green Western ASJ
Montreal Canadiens sweater (actual sweater)
Tampa Bay Lightning white--child size
New York Rangers--child size
Vancouver Canucks--child size
Calgary Flames black--child size
Possibly others.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

Last night I heard a noise. A door slam. Mr. Adz wasn't expected home for what could be hours so I thought it must be the cat or the wind.

I ate dinner then went downstairs to iron. Mr. Adz came in around an hour later and said, "Hey, you took out the air conditioner!" No--the cord of the AC had been yanked out of the wall, destroying the outlet and the back door was unlocked. Someone crawled in through the window then unlocked the door. The AC was over by the fence. So we're a little freaked out but nothing of value seems to be gone. We make plans for how to react if we encounter someone the next day.

This morning I saw a couple of jerseys and decided I should probably put them with the others so I went into our guest bedroom. My personal files had been gone through and set to the side. They had been in the house at the time I got home. They didn't find anything of value, but they were looking for something, like maybe SS card or birth certificates or passports or whatever. They'd gone through drawers and had dragged stuff out.

As I went to hang up the jerseys, I saw all my other jerseys were gone along with Preds hats, my hoodies and other stuff--it was stripped. They had gone through my jewelry box and took my Preds pins and bracelet. This was a targeted theft of Preds and other NHL stuff. They left a laptop, TV's, computers, a ring etc...it was Preds stuff they were after and they knew I was a Preds fan. Which is quite scary.

So if you see any of the following being sold, please let me know.

Mustard Third KARIYA 9
Mustard Third DUNHAM 1
Classics—blue and white, some signatures (not sure how many, one white one is from first year and has fight strap, one blue one is from first year)
White classic with Cale Hulse signature only, no name or number
MLKQT either child’s XL or Adult XS
Child size classic, may have a name on it—can’t remember.
Blue thirds in S and M, no names
Gold no name
Gold from last few years with FORSBERG 9
Also a gold hat, a gold hoodie (STH giveaway), and a couple of Preds pins.
Green Western ASJ
Montreal Canadiens sweater (actual sweater)
Tampa Bay Lightning white--child size
New York Rangers--child size
Vancouver Canucks--child size
Calgary Flames black--child size
Possibly others.
Ugh. :( Hopefully something comes up w/r/t finding who's responsible. That sucks.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Upon reflection, I don't think they were in the house while I was. I think they had left the window open and gravity shut it, so it was that making the noise not their leaving the house. But still, that's just...creepy.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
Upon reflection, I don't think they were in the house while I was. I think they had left the window open and gravity shut it, so it was that making the noise not their leaving the house. But still, that's just...creepy.
So sorry to hear that taking place, people truly suck, indeed, especially those that would take something from other people. :(

I hope they get what's truly coming to them!

Reactions: Adz

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY

*snip*

If you need help hiding bodies, Viqsi and I can make time in our schedules.

Reactions: Adz

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
We had a neighbor who discovered someone in their house about an hour after they got home.. the invader hid out until they had a shot at a breakaway out the door. Moral of the story. . Invest in a good home security system, and use it every time you leave the house. Glad you are OK Adz but the Dunham jersey had mucho good karma... maybe it was a frustrated Ducks or Blues fan...

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
There is good news on that front, Volde. Dunny was there after all--I missed it and some of Goalie Boy's old jerseys behind the practice jerseys. I also found the Hulse hiding behind my wedding dress (there's probably an off color joke there somewhere).

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
How awful, Adzy!

I tend to be in the make them suffer forever camp. May they get explosive diarrhea and an infestation of fleas in their nether regions.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Love you guys!

The only redeeming thing is that the Pittsburgh jersey was also stolen. (Logan got it for being the Draft Kid for them when we held the draft) He considers that one a good omen. Ha!

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Love you guys!

The only redeeming thing is that the Pittsburgh jersey was also stolen. (Logan got it for being the Draft Kid for them when we held the draft) He considers that one a good omen. Ha!

ADZY, I love you. You were one of the southern belles, along with Patty, who welcomed me. If you want a couple of my blank Preds jerseys just ask. (Sorry, I can't give you my black and blue, I love that thing)

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
That one is one of my favorites, too. I wouldn't give mine up voluntarily, either!

Caitlin's boyfriend, whom she has actually dated twice before (going back to high school), confessed that he has been moving around one of my jerseys for years now and will be returning it to me. Hoping beyond hope that it's a black and blue version! He couldn't remember. Just knew it was mine and he'd felt too embarrassed to own up to still having it.

It's a damn weird scenario, for sure. I keep expecting Gnash to jump out of the bushes with all my jerseys--at which point I'd have his muppet butt arrested. Ha ha!

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Oh, I'd be proud of the stains. :D Also the car is old and can be sent to a scrapyard. PROFIT!
So you'd be picking me up? We'll have to work out the logistics. :nod:

* * *​
That one is one of my favorites, too. I wouldn't give mine up voluntarily, either!
I still find it aesthetically offensive that the Preds tried to steal the Jackets' shade of blue. If y'all want that color, join me in two-teams support. That's how it should be! ;)

(Hope you get it back somehow all the same.)

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
So you'd be picking me up? We'll have to work out the logistics. :nod:

* * *​

I still find it aesthetically offensive that the Preds tried to steal the Jackets' shade of blue. If y'all want that color, join me in two-teams support. That's how it should be! ;)

(Hope you get it back somehow all the same.)
At least it was a THIRD jersey. Honestly, I thought the Blues did that color first. I thought we were stealing that shade from them.

Oh, Viqsi, you know I don't hate the Jackets. I pull for them unless we're playing them. Only teams I really really hate are Dallas, Chicago's fan base, Minnesota's owner and one D man, and now Pittsburgh except for Malkin, Hornqvist, and Kessel (because he's a hoot). I just dont make time for other boards.

As an addition to this crazy story, the thief actually went through my Tshirt drawer and took out all of the giveaway T's having to do with this past run, except for one that was admittedly pretty garish (the one with the big writing on it). The rest are gone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Viqsi

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Anyone else use Chrome on a PC? The new forum software seems to make imbedded tweets run on forever. This means if I encounter one in a thread I can never scroll past it. Extremely annoying so if anyone has a workaround let me know.

**Nevermind** Found the solution to my problem in the news/announcements forum.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Wow the Preds really went over the top with the U2 sale. Lexus Lounge is a forced onboard yet again. However, this time the attachment is an obvious money grab: $675/ticket! That's $375 for a lower bowl ticket plus $300/ticket for LL. Unbelievable! Maybe they are bringing in The Palm to cater this one???

The days of having season ticket holder access to presales and special ticket allotments are basically done thanks to this strategy.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I paid around $325 for LL access when I bought Jack White tickets, sat over in 118 or thereabouts but had access to the lounge, too. It was 3 years ago but still! Quite an increase!

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
To put it into perspective we only paid $195 for our lower bowl Foo Fighters tickets plus LL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad