OT: Puns n' COSes

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
So. Y'all might be wondering what's up with me.

In 21 more days, I will be (for all intents and purposes) retired from the state of Wisconsin.

In the meantime, I have been doing everything I can to keep from being put in bad situations at work - which include getting ordered into cottages where I'd feel extremely unsafe. (Google "Lincoln Hills School Wisconsin" to find out why I say that.)

I just gotta make it to the 14th of December. Then... vacay in AZ, leading to PERMANENT "vacay" in AZ.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
So. Y'all might be wondering what's up with me.

In 21 more days, I will be (for all intents and purposes) retired from the state of Wisconsin.

In the meantime, I have been doing everything I can to keep from being put in bad situations at work - which include getting ordered into cottages where I'd feel extremely unsafe. (Google "Lincoln Hills School Wisconsin" to find out why I say that.)

I just gotta make it to the 14th of December. Then... vacay in AZ, leading to PERMANENT "vacay" in AZ.
Hang in there. Relief is on the way!

I had wondered where you were but I know things are hectic there right now. I'd seen enough things on FB from you or Mrs. JWH to know you were okay.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
You mean...it's not? I mean, it's sugar, butter and nuts, what could be tastier?

It's not, at all. I've never actually had pecan pie. I think I'll have to make one at some point because every Thanksgiving I'm reminded of it and I remember how good it looks.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Weird. I get it all the time over here in Ohio, so it's not just a Midwest thing either. :dunno:
But you have southern relatives, don't you?
It's not, at all. I've never actually had pecan pie. I think I'll have to make one at some point because every Thanksgiving I'm reminded of it and I remember how good it looks.
If you've ever had chess pie it's basically the same thing with nuts.

It's actually not my favorite pie but I like it. Best pie I ever had was a Derby pie my friend's sister made. It was a combination of pecan pie, chocolate pie, and cheesecake and had a little bourbon in it. My sister makes the best crust ever so if I could combine Dena's crust and Merrili's pie, I'd be a very happy camper.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
I am surprised that Cracker Barrel, based in Lebanon Tn., does not have Pecan Pie on the menu. I know they are in Wi.

Aren't Edwards Pies available in the frozen foods department?

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Cracker Barrel does not have Pecan Pie??? I never noticed. That's crazy.

Only time I ever get dessert is if it's included in the meal and even then I rarely eat it. Just not a sweets person, would rather have my limited sugar allotment in the form of a potato or an alcoholic beverage. Ha!

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
Weird. I get it all the time over here in Ohio, so it's not just a Midwest thing either. :dunno:
I can't ever recall it being a thing growing up, then again, I hadn't heard of things like Biscuits & Gravy until 10 years ago, after moving.

That was also whenever the word Barbecue was used, I took it as grilling Burgers & Hot Dogs in the backyard, ha.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I can't ever recall it being a thing growing up, then again, I hadn't heard of things like Biscuits & Gravy until 10 years ago, after moving.

That was also whenever the word Barbecue was used, I took it as grilling Burgers & Hot Dogs in the backyard, ha.
But after 10 years in God's Country you know now that that is a COOK OUT.
Barbecue involves well, barbecue!

A bit of a confession: I do not like biscuits and gravy nor sweet tea. I know, I should hand in my southern card but I won't because I do have the accent.

Reactions: Datsyukian Deke

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
De Pere.
Ha ha ha!

I think that guy has to be related to my brother in law, also from Manitowoc.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
De Pere.
Ha ha ha!

I think that guy has to be related to my brother in law, also from Manitowoc.

Haha he's from Elm Grove (Milwaukee suburb).

That De Pere joke cracked me up. Mainly because my brother had a roommate in college who didn't know it was pronounced "Da Pier" and he called it "Day Peray" and he was frickin' from Wisconsin. My entire family is from the Manitowoc/Two Rivers area for the most part and I posted the one with the Bedminster video because my uncle lives like 10 minutes from there, so more family connections.

But mainly I posted it for the De Pere joke. I can't tell if it's so stupid it's funny or if it's just legitimately funny.

Also enjoyed the water skiing one.

Reactions: Adz

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
So I got a trophy on here saying I migrated to Xenforo. What does that mean? Did they change our forums again or is this just a commemoration of when we did it before?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
So I got a trophy on here saying I migrated to Xenforo. What does that mean? Did they change our forums again or is this just a commemoration of when we did it before?
Xenforo's what we're presently on. Dunno what the heck that's about.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Xenforo's what we're presently on. Dunno what the heck that's about.

Thanks, I thought it was kind of weird. I'm not up on forum names or anything--I looked it up thinking it was a character in a video game.

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
I am one week from my last day of (real) work, and one month from my formal retirement.

It's not really all that and a bag of chips; essentially I'm resigning and getting a monthly check as a consolation prize for having slaved for the SOWI for 24+ years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad