Prospect Info: Prospects & Minor League Teams Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

"Raddysh I think his game probably started a little slow to start the season but it's been getting better and better and I was able to watch him a few weeks ago and he was real good that night. 3 assists and he's a big body guy and he understands the expectations and what goes into the World Juniors. You can't teach what he has, so we're excited about getting him back to camp and seeing where it all fits in."
Canada’s selection camp is December 12th

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

Canada’s selection camp is December 12th

Raddysh will make the team but Katchouk is the better player. Foote is almost playing himself of the team, needs to step it up as others are playing better than him. Howden hopefully makes it as he's having another good year but they have a lot of good centers who they seem to like more than him.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Lines for 11/25 Syracuse @ Baby Pens:

Bournival - Lynch - Yan
Verghaeghe - Stephens - Walcott
DiDomenico - Cirelli - Joseph
Erne - Peca - Volkov

Masin - McBain
McNeil - Thomas
Bodie - Cernak

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
What is the report on Verhaeghe? His stats are pretty good, when he plays. Was he injured? Any serious upside or is he just riding a hot streak?

Very happy the guys have found

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Hockey Canada should make Katchouk change his twitter handle. Russisn Rocket? Not while your on guard for thee bud.

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
What is the report on Verhaeghe? His stats are pretty good, when he plays. Was he injured? Any serious upside or is he just riding a hot streak?

Very happy the guys have found
Hoping he turns out, never understood why the Leafs just gave him away.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Blades are playing in Spokane and I'm at the game. Here's my 1st period thoughts on Libor Hájek:

Deceptively fast skater. Kind of a lumbering awkward gait but he's a good skater. Got an assist with a nice clean outlet pass. Physical in the defensive zone. Took a penalty for holding on a breakaway. So far seems like a safe, smart defender. Not flashy but makes the right choices on the ice. Happy with what I've seen from him so far.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Blades are playing in Spokane and I'm at the game. Here's my 1st period thoughts on Libor Hájek:

Deceptively fast skater. Kind of a lumbering awkward gait but he's a good skater. Got an assist with a nice clean outlet pass. Physical in the defensive zone. Took a penalty for holding on a breakaway. So far seems like a safe, smart defender. Not flashy but makes the right choices on the ice. Happy with what I've seen from him so far.

Sounds a lot like Coburn.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
2nd and 3rd period thoughts:
Boxscore says he was on for two goals against but he wasn't actually on the ice for the 1st one(nor were any of the listed teammates) so I think the boxscore on that one just got f***ed up. On the 2nd of the goals, he was jostling with a Chief in front of the net, the Chief fell as a shot came in and he scored as a deflection(I think it went off the Chief's body). I guess you could blame him but not any more than you'd blame any defenseman trying to push a guy out of the slot but not being able to prevent a deflection.

That point is notable because the coach benched Hajek after that goal was scored. I don't really get it because it was a 6-2 game and Hajek was at most to blame for that one 6th goal. I guess the coach wanted to make a point by using the player that was arguably one of the least to blame for the loss ? Hopefully I interpreted it wrong and he just benched Hajek because the game was already out of reach and there was no point in playing him. I don't know the team well enough to notice if anyone else was sitting out.

The only time I really noticed Hajek shooting was on a PP in the 2nd. His shot looked fine, neither great nor bad. But it was hard to judge because it was a kind of garbage game for the Blades so he wasn't getting a lot of offensive chances. One time he skated through 3-4 Chiefs to carry the puck into the zone so he isn't a completely passive player. But for the most part he's the kind of player that you can immediately tell is a defenseman. He's not making pinches, not pretending to be a forward, not taking big risks. Not the most exciting type of player but one that has the potential to become an important player for the Bolts in a few years.

Sounds a lot like Coburn.
I've only seen him this once but from what I saw that seems like a good comparison for him.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Solid effort by the Crunch. Downside is Yan suffered an injury in the second and did not return. Erne looked really good (as hard as some of you might think that is for me to type LOL). Cirelli and Joseph have become quite the pair on the ice, displaying a "magic" between them that leads to long term top line combination potential. The two of them on the ice in any situation are more than worth the price of admission. Cernak took a nasty hit from behind into the boards and McNeil, who was his partner, got his "crazy eyes" look that usually leads to a serious beat down of an opponent but the linesmen and other Rocket players kept him away from Villieux.
Tonight's game against the Senators will be interesting. Not only are the Crunch on fire, this is the first game in Syracuse between the two since the incident that led to four suspensions. Gallant is back from his four game suspension, so this has the earmarks of a classic renewal of the Crunch-Senator feud. Will report after the game.

Shoresy Snipes

Give yer B's a T ya T F'r
May 6, 2017
DiDomenico back on waivers? I guess he's allowed to play for Crunch tonight anyway (or that might have been last night)?
Either way, if no one claims him, I take it he's with Syracuse for the long haul, or... Sens RE-claim him and he stays in Syracuse for the day, just swaps jerseys and benches?

Am I even remotely close on that one?

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
You are correct. I believe he has until noon or so today to clear. If the Sens reclaim him, he would just switch locker rooms for tonight. From what I have seen so far, he will be one of the key players for the Crunch while he is here. the tools are there, and he would be a ready call up for Tampa Bay in the event of injuries.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
This last game vs the baby Habs was a game I was waiting for. Very few mental lapses, few (if any) bad pinches leading to breakaways, crisp breakout passes, everyone played their assignments, and the team was able to play fast. Happy to report that after 20 or so games Erne is out of my dog house. He has played with effort every night, is winning his 1v1 battles, is hustling out there consistently and creating plays. The consistently inconsistent "effort" has gone away ... I think Erne has turned the corner as I have not seen him floating around. I can't remember the last game where I thought Erne wasn't giving out effort. Now he has to put the puck in the back of the net ... he is doing everything else right.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad