Prospect Info: Prospects & Minor League Teams Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Probably the steadiest defenseman for the Crunch this season. Not flashy in either end, but gets the job done and done correctly. One of the few Crunch players who have been ready for a call up to Tampa from first game of the season.

Thanks for the update.

So do you think he has the potential for NHL future as a bottom pairing D-man?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Thanks for the update.

So do you think he has the potential for NHL future as a bottom pairing D-man?

I see him being a top 4 guy. Just comparing him to current lightning players he can be as good as a prime Girardi. His strength is his play in his own zone like Girardi, where he's physical in front of the net and in the corners. Is a better skater than Dan so can escape the zone better with the puck on his stick and has good vision for the outlet pass. Has good gap control and positioning so is rarely out of place. On the offensive side he has a good shot and vision but not skilled enough to be a PP guy. Will get some points off rebounds or deflections from his shot or a nice outlet pass, won't be making any cross ice feeds. I see a top unit PK guy, logging heavy defensive first assignments with 20-25 points, if all guys right can hit 30. Should be taking the Sustr role as the #7 next year with lots of callups and starting to take over for Girardi fulltime in 19-20.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
I see him being a top 4 guy. Just comparing him to current lightning players he can be as good as a prime Girardi. His strength is his play in his own zone like Girardi, where he's physical in front of the net and in the corners. Is a better skater than Dan so can escape the zone better with the puck on his stick and has good vision for the outlet pass. Has good gap control and positioning so is rarely out of place. On the offensive side he has a good shot and vision but not skilled enough to be a PP guy. Will get some points off rebounds or deflections from his shot or a nice outlet pass, won't be making any cross ice feeds. I see a top unit PK guy, logging heavy defensive first assignments with 20-25 points, if all guys right can hit 30. Should be taking the Sustr role as the #7 next year with lots of callups and starting to take over for Girardi fulltime in 19-20.

Thanks, that's great to hear and I hope your are right.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Great report, hope you are right. Lightning definitely need another young top 4 Dman on the right side. Stralls probably has another 2-3 years at this level.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Great report, hope you are right. Lightning definitely need another young top 4 Dman on the right side. Stralls probably has another 2-3 years at this level.

Thanks. Well we have Foote on the way who should be the best of the bunch. I would like to bring Stralman back if the cost and term are right. He'll be 33 at the start of his next contract, he's had some skating issues after his knee injury in the past so worried how the legs hold up going forward. On a 2 year deal I'm all for it as it gives Foote more time to adjust. If it's for 3 the price needs to be right and maybe we can move Dotchin as he should be a bottom pair guy like Stralman will be at that time.

To me Dotchin is good at only one thing, being a partner for Hedman. He doesn't PK or PP, nor does he play the tough defensive assignments. If we can sell him high after this year or next I would. Cernak is much further along at his age and has better overall skills, he can also be the #1 PK guy. Foote has way better skill and can run a PP while his defensive game can improve to be a PK guy. If we have Stralman around still in 3 years we don't need Dotchin because of the other two.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Saw Taylor Raddysh play live last week, he was probably Erie's best forward but that's not saying much as they sucked pretty bad.

TampaJay

Jan 16, 2016
Four prospects make Team Canada: Howden, Katchouk, Raddysh, Foote
Hajek looks like a lock for Czech Republic
Not sure about Lipanov

Reactions: Steazy Doo

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Ya know, I haven't seen Syracuse fans whining on Twitter about how Yzerman hates the Crunch in about 10 games.
Yeah - a rookie squad is going to take awhile to gel. He went in and fixed one of the problems and the rest fixed themselves.

The talent is there, though.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Early Prediction 2018-19 Syracuse Crunch:

- Vladdy Re-Signed (RFA)
- Paquette Re-Signed (RFA)
- Koekkoek Re-Signed (RFA)

Lightning have 3 open roster spots (Kunitz, Brown, Sustr). Erne takes the 4th line LW spot. Paquette returns to Center. Callahan returns to RW. Bournival (RFA) is the 13F. Tampa start the season with 22 bodies.

- Gallant Re-Signed (RFA)
- Peca Re-Signed (RFA)
- Verghaeghe Re-Signed (RFA)
- Walcott Re-Signed (RFA)
- Domingue Re-Signed (RFA)
- McBain Re-Signed (UFA)
- Lynch Re-Signed (UFA)

- Loney, Condra, McNeil, and Bodie leave as UFAs.

Stephens - Peca - Raddysh
Yan - Cirelli - Joseph
Katchouk - Howden - Volkov
Gallant - Verghaeghe - Tammela
Lynch - Somppi

Masin - Cernak
McBain - Foote
Walcott - Thomas
Sosunov - Spencer

Domingue
Ingram

- By my count that is 17 players on ELCs playing for the Crunch next year. Paquette maybe gets an overage year in the CHL. MacLeod goes un-signed same with Salminen. Best prospect before the 2018 draft that will return to CHL is Lipanov. Of note ... Lightning have not yet signed Somppi to ELC.

- Colton, Lohin, Walker, Guttman, Perbix, Zuhlsdof, and Odlham return to their respective NCAA teams.

Reactions: Hit The Lights

TampaJay

Jan 16, 2016
Early Prediction 2018-19 Syracuse Crunch:

- Vladdy Re-Signed (RFA)
- Paquette Re-Signed (RFA)
- Koekkoek Re-Signed (RFA)

Lightning have 3 open roster spots (Kunitz, Brown, Sustr). Erne takes the 4th line LW spot. Paquette returns to Center. Callahan returns to RW. Bournival (RFA) is the 13F. Tampa start the season with 22 bodies.

- Gallant Re-Signed (RFA)
- Peca Re-Signed (RFA)
- Verghaeghe Re-Signed (RFA)
- Walcott Re-Signed (RFA)
- Domingue Re-Signed (RFA)
- McBain Re-Signed (UFA)
- Lynch Re-Signed (UFA)

- Loney, Condra, McNeil, and Bodie leave as UFAs.

Stephens - Peca - Raddysh
Yan - Cirelli - Joseph
Katchouk - Howden - Volkov
Gallant - Verghaeghe - Tammela
Lynch - Somppi

Masin - Cernak
McBain - Foote
Walcott - Thomas
Sosunov - Spencer

Domingue
Ingram

- By my count that is 17 players on ELCs playing for the Crunch next year. Paquette maybe gets an overage year in the CHL. MacLeod goes un-signed same with Salminen. Best prospect before the 2018 draft that will return to CHL is Lipanov. Of note ... Lightning have not yet signed Somppi to ELC.

- Colton, Lohin, Walker, Guttman, Perbix, Zuhlsdof, and Odlham return to their respective NCAA teams.
Nice layout of predictions. Thanks. That is going to be the youngest team in the AHL.
Where is Hajek?

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Ya know, I haven't seen Syracuse fans whining on Twitter about how Yzerman hates the Crunch in about 10 games.
That is because we are having more fun quietly waiting for and then reading wanna be troll posts like this. Thank you for helping restore our faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad