Prospect Info: Prospects & Minor League Teams Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Otters are screwed tonight. DiPietro is untouchable

He's playing himself out of being drafted by us in the 2nd round. Can see him as the top pick in round two after this memorial cup as he was already one of the top goalies. I don't see any going in the 1st round but if he measures a bit taller than the 6' he's listed he could sneak in.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
He's playing himself out of being drafted by us in the 2nd round. Can see him as the top pick in round two after this memorial cup as he was already one of the top goalies. I don't see any going in the 1st round but if he measures a bit taller than the 6' he's listed he could sneak in.

I must confess the Memorial Cup has been my first REALLY good look at him and he's been simply outstanding. His chaotic playing style in this game is becoming eerily reminiscent of Ben Bishop and verges on Dom Hasek at times. Needless to say I'd be thrilled if we drafted him because he's proven now many a night that he can more than steal a game when called upon.

You can never have too many goaltending prospects

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I must confess the Memorial Cup has been my first REALLY good look at him and he's been simply outstanding. His chaotic playing style in this game is becoming eerily reminiscent of Ben Bishop and verges on Dom Hasek at times. Needless to say I'd be thrilled if we drafted him because he's proven now many a night that he can more than steal a game when called upon.

You can never have too many goaltending prospects

Reminds me a bit of Tokarski if he wins this memorial cup. Both just 6' and backstop their team to the memorial cup title in their draft year. Don't know if he will lead Canada to gold in the wjc next year like Tokarski did but should be on the team. Guy seems like a winner just like Tokarski but that height might be an issue going forward.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Erie vs St. Johns in the semifinals on Friday 7pm eastern.

If the Erie from tonight plays the St. John's from last night Erie will be going home. St. John's finally showed up and Erie might be down a bit after the loss tonight. Joseph has been consistent but hasn't had that monster game yet, expect a 2+2 for him and St. John's to pull off the upset. T. Raddish has been good but Strome and DaBrincet, outside of the 12 goal game, haven't been that good. Don't see Erie winning if those two can't produce, Cirelli will have a strong game but not be enough. Solving Windsor will be a problem for both as they're playing a very defense first game and taking advantage of the few offensive chances they get.

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
Taylor Raddysh scores on the PP, Cirelli with an assist. Boko drew a bad penalty away from the puck. 2-1 Otters.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
It's a shame the Sea Dogs were eliminated early. It would've been great to see a Memorial Cup Final with 5 of our prospects playing in it. I'd hate to pick against Lightning talent but my prediction is a 4-2 Windsor victory over the Erie with DiPietro stealing the show in net again. Like I said in the Crunch thread sometimes it's all about getting hot at the right time and you're not gonna get any hotter than Windsor is right now.

Plus Erie has repeatedly demonstrated through the OHL playoffs and even this Memorial Cup that they are a fantastic team but prone to having "off nights" at the worst possible time and lose many games they should not and win many they should not. Look no further than how poorly they started their 3rd round series vs Owen Sound. They played themselves into a 2-1 series deficit and you think they would've been better coming off the heels of a round 2 that they almost didn't survive against the London Knights; falling behind as far as 3-1 in game 7 only to be saved by a miracle.

The sad truth is I'd pick Erie to win a 7 game series against anyone but not a one-off contest against a team they haven't been facing for a week.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Puck drops at 7PM on NHL network

Can't watch tonight so go ahead with all updates you want. Think Erie runs them put the building unless DiPietro goes off again. Erie dominated after going down early, can't see them getting caught off guard like that again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->