Prospect Info: Prospects, Marlies and Others: 2015-2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernier the Boats

Formerly BBurke
Aug 31, 2011
All of our 2015 picks are scoring at torrid paces. So nice to finally draft for skill and see our prospects become more valuable in their D+1 year.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
22 points in his last 9 games

Maybe, just maybe, weve had a year where a few of those horrid drafts are balanced out. **knocks on all wood in vicinity**

I mean, if both QMJHL guys turn out to be as good as they seem right now, they could end up in the top 10 from the draft re-draft in a few years.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
After a bit of a slower start, Timashov seems to be pulling ahead of Dzierkals in the point race.

How much of that is better play, and how much is better linemates and usage?

Highlander23

Mar 26, 2011
France
We need to sign Nikolas Brouillard (was an invitee to our camp, but got injured) he is too good for this level 17pts in 9 games as Dman

carko32

May 14, 2014
Slovenia
He hasn't really stood out in anyway... I don't really know the strengths to his game yet. Hes pretty good position player i would guess. Maybe he doesn't like being yo-yo'd around and playing in the AHL, but if thats the case he needs to suck it up if he wants an NHL career.

Yea it seems that they do.. Soshnikov is FAST and feisty. I'd like a more skilled player on the other wing with them.

Yeah, from what I have seen, and that are unfortunately only highlights, they really compliment each other well.

About that second part, skilled player on other wing, Bracco or Tymashov could be that guys in future, I think that would be pretty good 3rd line, especially possession-wise.
Even though Soshnikov might be playing even higher, because he is really talented, last year in KHL I really liked what I saw. And I think he will play with big club soon, of course as soon as his english is good enough to be able to play for Babcock

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Not a whole lot of talk about Engvall, but he's got 8 points in 19 games in the Allsvenskan, and leads his team in +/-. Not bad, considering the top 2 scorers on his team have 12 and 11 points

carko32

May 14, 2014
Slovenia
Not a whole lot of talk about Engvall, but he's got 8 points in 19 games in the Allsvenskan, and leads his team in +/-. Not bad, considering the top 2 scorers on his team have 12 and 11 points

And he was playing really well also last year, at least on paper. And he is a big kid, so that could be useful in our lineup, as long as he can skate like Babcock wants.

And maybe even Leivo will turn out to be good complimentary piece after last season to forget. He seemed to enjoy playing with Nylander, that could also be a good combination.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
We need to sign Nikolas Brouillard (was an invitee to our camp, but got injured) he is too good for this level 17pts in 9 games as Dman

He definitely is way too good for junior hockey now. 7 goals and 5 assists in 4 games this week, including 2 hat tricks.

Even for a forward those are great stats. :laugh:

Timashov and him have good chemistry.

Timashov is now 6th in the Q scoring race, and 2 points away from first.

Remotion

Jul 9, 2009
Regent Park, Toronto
That was a nasty game. Stortini is their friggin captain and their lineup is full of goons. Nylander, Leivo, Valiev and Loov all got run and they were basically trying to kill Brennan by the end.

Nylander had his head on a swivel though which is good. Marlies skated circles around them all night.

Not sure what Leafs are going to do with Nylander when he is leading the league at the all star break. He is knocking on the door pretty loud

Stortini got tko'd today ! Take that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=9&v=xgOr5HYF3ik

Johny Drama

Jun 7, 2009

He looked very good during rookie tournament
Might be small but hss lots of skill and competes hard
Can he be signed at anytime or is there a signing window?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
He looked very good during rookie tournament
Might be small but hss lots of skill and competes hard
Can he be signed at anytime or is there a signing window?

Do these invites usually go back in the draft? Or is it different because he's an overager?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
How has Stuart Percy been looking this year? Is he a guy who can get back on the Leaf roster or is he going the way of Matt Finn and Jesse Blacker?

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Do these invites usually go back in the draft? Or is it different because he's an overager?

he was first eligible in 2013 so he's been passed over 3 times now. Pretty sure he can sign with anyone at anytime.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
How has Stuart Percy been looking this year? Is he a guy who can get back on the Leaf roster or is he going the way of Matt Finn and Jesse Blacker?

I haven't really focussed on him but he's playing on the top pairing for the Marlies is he not? and has been for like 3 years now. Finn and Blacker never really asserted themselves as much more than bottom pairing guys if that in the AHL. He's certainly not going that way.

I think he's good enough to be on the Leafs right now.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
he was first eligible in 2013 so he's been passed over 3 times now. Pretty sure he can sign with anyone at anytime.

Right.

Since he's probably going to get attention from various teams if he keeps up like that, he might have the choice to choose the best deal.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I haven't really focussed on him but he's playing on the top pairing for the Marlies is he not? and has been for like 3 years now. Finn and Blacker never really asserted themselves as much more than bottom pairing guys if that in the AHL. He's certainly not going that way.

I think he's good enough to be on the Leafs right now.

Kinda wish he was up with the Leafs learning then. He's a little older and it'd be good to see him rotating with Harrington for playing and NHL development time. It's not like we can promote 10 rookies next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad