Prospect Info: Prospects, Marlies and Others: 2015-2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Good overall interview.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/break...alistic-not-idealistic-this-leafs-season.html

Breakaway: We're seeing success with 19- and 20-year-olds across the league with different teams. The plan as laid out is you're not going to call up your prospects until you think they're absolutely ready. But what do you think the chances are this season that some of your higher-end prospects under 21 will be with the Leafs?

Lamoriello: I won't be surprised if they are. What has been said consistently is that they will determine really when they're ready by how they're playing on a consistent basis. And twofold, it's us knowing who we have here. Who will be a part of the big picture. Remember, most of us are new in this area, the coaching staff and myself. We have to give an opportunity for people to see who they are and then that comes together as far as being ready. Primarily it's them having success where they're at right now. There is no question in my mind that there are between five and seven players at the Marlies who will be playing in the NHL in the near future.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

Sucks. I'm not a big fan of him but I think he should have made the team.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
His skating is really bad. He's not much of a prospect.

It's interesting how a guy with such a beautiful shot only has 2 goals so far. At least he's leading the Sting in scoring just in front of Chychrun. Is Sarnia weak up front this year or is it just because they're missing Zacha?

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
People should keep in mind near future for a 70 year old is quite different than a 30 year old youngster!

Exactly what I was thinking. As you get older, time just flies by, a year ago seems like nothing. The near future, might mean within 2 years.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
It's interesting how a guy with such a beautiful shot only has 2 goals so far. At least he's leading the Sting in scoring just in front of Chychrun. Is Sarnia weak up front this year or is it just because they're missing Zacha?

Probably Zacha. Sarnia is a weak team and I wouldn't be surprised to see them sell off Korostelev for some assets.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land

Zacha is there, and they're not offensively challenged(only 6 teams have more goals). If a team pretty much wastes their top import pick on Patrik Laine they can't feel they're short in many areas.

Jordan Kyrou, who's a 2016 draft prospect that I like quite a bit hasn't scored yet. 6 assists in 10 games, that can't last, so more production(individually) should be coming.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
Zacha is there, and they're not offensively challenged(only 6 teams have more goals). If a team pretty much wastes their top import pick on Patrik Laine they can't feel they're short in many areas.

Jordan Kyrou, who's a 2016 draft prospect that I like quite a bit hasn't scored yet. 6 assists in 10 games, that can't last, so more production(individually) should be coming.

Laine might make sense. Draft him now, and if his NHL team wants him to come play in the CHL for a year, they benefit. High risk/High reward.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013

Korostelev leads the team in points, partially because he's played 5 more games than Zacha. He may not be the best skater, but he's somehow doing it.

If it takes 4 or 5 years for him to become anything, let it be. But if he's the leading producer on his team consistently, he's worth an ELC.

The thing I don't understand is that people say skating is an issue, yet every source I've found says he's actually a really strong and fast skater. The only issue he has is defense (because he doesn't try) and he doesn't use his size.

Pholus

May 23, 2014

Sucks. I'm not a big fan of him but I think he should have made the team.

Colour me shocked!

On a serious note, I find it interesting that some scouting reports claim his skating is good/fine, while many ppl have found it to be lacking when they have watched him play. When I watched him in the rookie tourney, I too thought he was noticeably slower than many of the others on the team.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Colour me shocked!

On a serious note, I find it interesting that some scouting reports claim his skating is good/fine, while many ppl have found it to be lacking when they have watched him play. When I watched him in the rookie tourney, I too thought he was noticeably slower than many of the others on the team.

Could it have been an injury? I mean, it definitely happens. Considering the circumstances, I could see why he wouldn't want to sit, even if he wasn't 100%.

I'd say watching him throughout the season and see how his skating is then. Next year, we'll see if it was just an injury or he's really just slow compared to everyone else on our team...

Then again, our team could just be really fast :laugh:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
When I saw him at the rookie tourney, I thought his skating was fine.

He kept up with Timashov quite well :dunno:

leafers

Oct 2, 2006
When I saw him at the rookie tourney, I thought his skating was fine.

He kept up with Timashov quite well :dunno:

Timashov doesn't come across as a speedy skater to me, more quick and elusive.

As for Korostelev, he has all the time in the world to work on his skating, i don't know if it's his technique or core and lower body strength but whatever it is it shouldn't really big THAT big of a hinder.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Bracco just made one of the nicest passes I've seen this year.

Unreal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad