Prospect Info: Prospects, Marlies and Others: 2015-2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

carko32

May 14, 2014
Slovenia
He is like Backstrom but with better skating and a better shot. There I said it. :nod:

:handclap: :yo:

You think William will take #19 when he comes up? :naughty:

And I agree with you, he is going to be a player and a half, hopefully he will get some good teammates to feed them the puck.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Leivo is showing signs off bouncing back this season and is off to a good start that's flying under the radar .. 3 goals, 7 assists (10 points) in 11 games

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Leivo is showing signs off bouncing back this season and is off to a good start that's flying under the radar .. 3 goals, 7 assists (10 points) in 11 games

A lot of guys are doing extremely well. It's a tough thing to replace Brown, but we are doing it.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

Hi Bert.

That's good to see. Last year was a tad worrisome.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I love Nylander.

I feel like I've been a broken record over the last 3 seasons. I am so happy the Leafs took this kid. I jumped up and fist pumped when I heard Dave Nonis say 'From Modo...."

I have to restrain myself when people try to claim Reinhart, Larkin and Ehlers are better prospects than him.

Honestly, If we get Stamkos or Matthews, boy oh boy, we may end up with one of the best 1-2 center punches in the league down the road. It's also scary that the potential to get both of those guys is there.

And this time, we'll have the wingers to surround them based on what our prospects are doing.

Exactly the same for me.

If Stamkos or Matthews came...Marner probably shifts to wing, but by god, that's not a bad winger at all to have.

GoodNewfieBoy

We got a guy
Oct 17, 2007
Calgary
I love Nylander.

I feel like I've been a broken record over the last 3 seasons. I am so happy the Leafs took this kid. I jumped up and fist pumped when I heard Dave Nonis say 'From Modo...."

I have to restrain myself when people try to claim Reinhart, Larkin and Ehlers are better prospects than him.

Honestly, If we get Stamkos or Matthews, boy oh boy, we may end up with one of the best 1-2 center punches in the league down the road. It's also scary that the potential to get both of those guys is there.

And this time, we'll have the wingers to surround them based on what our prospects are doing.

I like where your head is at :)

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Marlies are 1st in the North Division... :handclap:

Marlies are 2nd in the Eastern Conference.. (but ahead of 1st place, in points) :handclap:

Marlies are 2nd in the whole AHL.. (but in 1st place, in points..., 2 more than 1st) :handclap::handclap:

Marlies have the most goals in the whole AHL... (51)... (2nd place has 39) :handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

If you guys missed the first 12 games before the one from yesterday... have a look at the newest montage here..

Many more present stats. in the video description, too..

THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT! : TORONTO MARLIES 1st DOZEN 2015-16 GAMES HIGHLIGHTS

2016 Calder Cup coming,, Baby..! : )

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario

Marlies are 2nd in the Eastern Conference.. (but ahead of 1st place, in points) :handclap:

Marlies are 2nd in the whole AHL.. (but in 1st place, in points..., 2 more than 1st) :handclap::handclap:

Marlies have the most goals in the whole AHL... (51)... (2nd place has 39) :handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

If you guys missed the first 12 games before the one from yesterday... have a look at the newest montage here..

thanks for the amazing video, ur videos always rock.

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
I've said this before, but again, he's a 30-point, 3rd line centre on a pretty bad team that got lucky last year, and funnily enough is struggling to prevent goals this year. Is this the type of player for which we should be pining?

One thing this franchise needs is to stop deifying mediocre talents.

Perhaps rue the loss of a Steen or Rask, but not Joe ****in' Colborne.

Gauthier IS a much better player than Colborne.

24 year old Alex Steen scored 24 points in 61 games.
24 year old Joe Colborne scored 28 points in 64 games.

Maybe 25 year old Colborne breaks out like Alex Steen did. I doubt it though.

I wasn't happy with the Leafs losing Colborne for a plug, but i was furious when they traded Steen.
For good reason. He was the best player on the team night after night.

Last edited:

William Hylander

There can be only 1
Aug 17, 2009

Amazing video, thanks for this. I wish we could watch marner a bit more closely but I haven't been able to find knights highlights.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
I've said this before, but again, he's a 30-point, 3rd line centre on a pretty bad team that got lucky last year, and funnily enough is struggling to prevent goals this year. Is this the type of player for which we should be pining?

One thing this franchise needs is to stop deifying mediocre talents.

Perhaps rue the loss of a Steen or Rask, but not Joe ****in' Colborne.

I don't think too many people rue the loss of Colborne. What hurts is losing the 2nd round pick we spent to replace him with a player who's not actually an upgrade.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
How has Corrado looked so far? I was really surprised when Vancouver put him on waivers. Where would he fit on our depth chart at D?

OvenMittz*

How has Corrado looked so far? I was really surprised when Vancouver put him on waivers. Where would he fit on our depth chart at D?
He hasn't really stood out in anyway... I don't really know the strengths to his game yet. Hes pretty good position player i would guess. Maybe he doesn't like being yo-yo'd around and playing in the AHL, but if thats the case he needs to suck it up if he wants an NHL career.
They appear to compliment each other well.
Yea it seems that they do.. Soshnikov is FAST and feisty. I'd like a more skilled player on the other wing with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad