Prospects and Marlies Discussion - Gauthier to the Memorial Cup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number13

May 21, 2007
Teemu Hartikainen has signed a two-year extension with KHL team Salavat Yulaev

Ah well, was hoping he'd come over to give it a shot, he has bottom 6 NHL potential. Probably better to give his spot to a homegrown player from the Marlies anyway.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Ross is done with this organization.

Then Devane is a lock!

Ross may be a guy we just throw in a deal somewhere. I have a feeling in a larger deal he'll be sent out and given a shot elsewhere for a year or two. Or he'll be used as a chip to go out and relieve a team from a cap dump with a nice asset attached.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
Not so sure - Gibby is really good but his confidence gets shaken too easily right now. He needs more AHL time.

Agreed. Easiest way to destroy a goaltender is give him too much too soon, and that applies to both Gibson and Bibeau. Let Gibson have another season where he faces ups and downs without the prospect of being sent down for it and see if he repeats this season. Bibeau will be a good goaltender, but he needs time to be the guy, which is why he should have been the starter for the ECHL team

sda

Feb 18, 2008
Then Devane is a lock!

Ross may be a guy we just throw in a deal somewhere. I have a feeling in a larger deal he'll be sent out and given a shot elsewhere for a year or two. Or he'll be used as a chip to go out and relieve a team from a cap dump with a nice asset attached.
Ross is not being traded. Nobody will take him in trade

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Tough spot for Ross. Europe could be an option but the guys who comes here at least have a successful AHL career and a short stint in the NHL. There are exceptions of course but Ross has failed to impress at any level as a pro, to bad since he got the talents for it.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Connor Brown/Ryan Rupert/Brendan Leipsic "The Rugrats"

Marlies relying on Rugrats

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/05/01/marlies-relying-on-rugrats

Connor Brown and Brendan Leipsic were among the top rookie scorers in the AHL this season and have found the ideal centre in Ryan Rupert. Play-by-play man Todd Crocker christened them the Rugrats Line after the cartoon, though coach Gord Dineen can also use Ryan's twin brother Matt on left wing and deploy Leipsic elsewhere.

When management says the youngsters have commandeered the bus in the team's late-season playoff drive, it's this trio that has been prominent. And that augers well for the depth-challenged Leafs in the next few years.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
Thanks. A good read. Definitely an interesting choice. But why not for the Leafs instead of the Marlies. If we are rebuilding and changing things around then whats the harm?

Because they would prefer someone with clout. I.E Babs, Hitch, Mclellen, etc.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Thanks. A good read. Definitely an interesting choice. But why not for the Leafs instead of the Marlies. If we are rebuilding and changing things around then whats the harm?

It's the usual steps a coach takes I suppose.

I will say it's a bit unfair to Dineen after how they've played for him since December really.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
It's the usual steps a coach takes I suppose.

I will say it's a bit unfair to Dineen after how they've played for him since December really.

Well maybe Dineen gets a promotion as an assistant coach with the Leafs. It would be really really hard to sack him after the turnaround this team has had. Being in last place in December and roaring back to get to a final and deciding game 5 of the 1st round of the playoffs. It would be even harder to get rid of him if they advance to the 2nd round. I doubt he'd accept a demotion and stay on as an assistant coach with the Marlies.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Teemu Hartikainen has signed a two-year extension with KHL team Salavat Yulaev

The Leafs would no longer hold his rights by the end of that contract.

Too bad, I was rooting for him. Well, Devane and Ross have a better shot now! Give them a shot!

Ross won't be qualified. I think Devane is included as a contract dump in a trade this summer.

I thought he might be a candidate for the Leafs. Would be happy to land him for the Marlies. Dubas was his GM in SSM and Dubas handles the Marlies. So, it would be a pretty easy transition for him.

Number13

May 21, 2007

Because the Leafs are going to hire the coach that just beat the Marlies, Jeff Blashill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad