Prospect and Marlies Thread: 2017 - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
It's bugging me that we haven't heard a thing about Liljegren's injury so far.

Keefe said today he has been dealing with a nagging injury. He isnt quite ready to play. They want to give him a little more time, and will see how he progresses in the next few days.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Na Salt I was watching the Leafs and Box score watching the Marlies

Sparks earned his money tonight by the looks of things and gave the boys a chance but when you've been on the road for a week and a half the boys might be getting a bit gassed
Ya ahl schedules are a random disaster for sure.
Oh well on to the next one.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
It's bugging me that we haven't heard a thing about Liljegren's injury so far.

remember they never told us about kapanen the entire time he was out injured? people were watching videos of a hit assuming it was a leg injury. don't expect to ever find out what is wrong with liljegren.

I remember a few posters getting upset saying its private we shouldn't know his injury, haha oh that was hilarious

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Shosh has 38 shots and is +5 in twelve games. This is exactly what I hoped would happen to give him some momentum when he is recalled. Would like to see what he would have done the 18 minutes uncle Leo played last night.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Shosh has 38 shots and is +5 in twelve games. This is exactly what I hoped would happen to give him some momentum when he is recalled. Would like to see what he would have done the 18 minutes uncle Leo played last night.
Imo it's his size that's the issue. He plays that game that I love with skill but his body can't handle it especially at the NHL level, as proved by his career so far.
Love the player though.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Imo it's his size that's the issue. He plays that game that I love with skill but his body can't handle it especially at the NHL level, as proved by his career so far.
Love the player though.

He's not going to last long playing like that, it's a pity I like the kid

Really nice article written by Jeff Craig from AHLtracker. Talks about how Liljegren compares to other dmen that were his age playing in the American league.

A Lookback at Liljegren's October

Really promising, loved the pick at the time and I've seen nothing so far that's made me feel differently

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Love the player though.
Agreed. I absolutely love the kid and the game he plays but he can't keep it up. If he could then he'd be a very valuable piece

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Agreed. I absolutely love the kid and the game he plays but he can't keep it up. If he could then he'd be a very valuable piece

I think he can keep it up. There's nothing from last year's game that indicated otherwise. It was a Chara hit that led to his concussion. Chara has that impact on lot of players and concussion hits even the biggest players. See Lindros

I think he's very underrated and under appreciated. He has speed, decent shot and the willingness to play a game that we currently lack. He just needs to learn to pick his spots and not run around. But that will come with experience

He was really missed last year's playoffs. I know if we had him, he would have take few runs at Ovie and set him straight.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I think he can keep it up. There's nothing from last year's game that indicated otherwise. It was a Chara hit that led to his concussion. Chara has that impact on lot of players and concussion hits even the biggest players. See Lindros

I think he's very underrated and under appreciated. He has speed, decent shot and the willingness to play a game that we currently lack. He just needs to learn to pick his spots and not run around. But that will come with experience

He was really missed last year's playoffs. I know if we had him, he would have take few runs at Ovie and set him straight.
I don't think we are underrateing him. We all acknowledged his skill level and playong style. What we can't change is every time I look at him I see 5'11" 185lbs. For his style of game his body won't last and it hasn't.
You mentioned the chara hit but what about the year before? Also if he took runs at 6'3" 235lbs Ovi we would have been short a forward for that game. For a reference chara is only 15lbs heavier than Ovi but Ovi skates faster thus hits harder. Newton's 2nd law
Love Sosh but physics has him beat.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I think Marincin should get called up to replace Borgman.

I know Marincin isn't great or anything but at least he can PK and he's shown some great stuff with the Marlies.

Reactions: Pi

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I think Marincin should get called up to replace Borgman.

I know Marincin isn't great or anything but at least he can PK and he's shown some great stuff with the Marlies.

No such thing as a mistake-free defense, let him learn, he has top 4 upside

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Still no news on Greenway?

do we know if its an injury or a personal issue? ive seen both listed, if its a personal issue then leave it at that no need to dig deeper. But if its an injury you'd think it would of come out by now what he has

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
The two best offensive D in the OHL right now are Sean Durzi and Mac Hollowel, both were at Leafs Dev Camp.

Pholus

May 23, 2014
do we know if its an injury or a personal issue? ive seen both listed, if its a personal issue then leave it at that no need to dig deeper. But if its an injury you'd think it would of come out by now what he has

I'm pretty sure there was something (maybe a quote from the coach?) at the start of the season about him not playing for 'personal reasons.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad