Prospect and Marlies Thread: 2017 - 2018 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Wasn’t as bad as 5-1 looks, two empty netters at the end, they were pushing in the third at 2-1, if they popped one on the 5-3 PP it could have gone either way.

No mistake, the Moose were better tonight

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
I’ll chuck in on the plus side that this was my kids first Marlie game and they loved it, they do a good job at Ricoch for the next generation, despite the loss.

And they also know that Dad does not like Brandon Lemieux’s Dad, he wasn’t a nice player lol. I’m doing something right.

Strange thing about Claude Lemieux is that he has lots of friends from the game even some who he played with very little or not at all during his career: Wayne Gretzky and Doug Wilson for example.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Dermott got hurt on Friday. Not sure what the injury is.
Lilly isnt injured. He went to the World Juniors.
Boys will be tested now if Dermott is hurt, Lily is at the World Juniors and Marincin is recalled. That's a major hit.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
Boys will be tested now if Dermott is hurt, Lily is at the World Juniors and Marincin is recalled. That's a major hit.

With our extraordinary Depth and Quality of Prospects this shouldn't have any effect on our success at the AHL or NHL level.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Our current defense may be able to hold up against most teams, but it's tough against one of the best teams in the AHL.

Even then, only 2.5 goals per game that were not empty netters, Hutchinson just stood on his head to make sure we could only get one.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Our extraordinary depth is average with those 2 our top 2 dmen by far. Nielsen vanished somehow. Valiev will never play for us. Poof , depth gone. Our C depth is almost non existent.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Our extraordinary depth is average with those 2 our top 2 dmen by far. Nielsen vanished somehow. Valiev will never play for us. Poof , depth gone. Our C depth is almost non existent.
Kind of a shame we let Desrocher go for free. Don't think he'd be the answer, but I think he'd at least provide a little bit of middle-of-the-pack prospect depth.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Kind of a shame we let Desrocher go for free. Don't think he'd be the answer, but I think he'd at least provide a little bit of middle-of-the-pack prospect depth.

I still have no clue where Desrocher has been since we didn't sign him...and I follow the Leafs and their prospects pretty closely. Did no NHL team want him in their system?

Anyone know whats up with him?

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Valiev was a non-factor for over a year now. He's a trade chip at this point.

Dermott and Liljegren are another two blue-chippers on both side who should be quite good for us. Borgman, Carrick and Rosen are all young guys ready to be productive NHLers in the near future. That's 5 guys right there. It gets shaky after them, but they are still many great prospects. Middleton and Rasanen are two guys who will become solid Marlies some day and have bottom 4 potential.

Nielsen is still a fine prospect, although he may be used as a trade chip. Greenway is in the same category, however who knows what is going on with him after his personal troubles.

Mattinen and Gordeev may be able to become something themselves. Both are raw, but have tools to become big bottom pairing guys. Lindgren and O'Connell are not too bad but a little ways away still.

The Leafs need more young depth everywhere. We do not have too many young prospects. Most of them are starting to clog up our NHL system as they are ready to go. Trading some of them for picks to get some younger talent and depth would be quite beneficial for sure.

It's not like the depth is gone though. The Marlies lost their three top defenseman in one day. That's tough to replace, no matter the team. They still played pretty well defensively against a top AHL team. Bigger issue was we could not score more than 2 goals, despite our stacked forward group intact. It's two games in an otherwise remarkable season. We are not going to win all of the 3-in-3's.

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
I still have no clue where Desrocher has been since we didn't sign him...and I follow the Leafs and their prospects pretty closely. Did no NHL team want him in their system?

I remember he might have attended another team's camp. Columbus maybe? Not entirely sure I am remembering properly.

Reactions: firstemperor

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario

Went to CBJ camp and wasn't signed (didn't watch any of the camp though, so not sure the reason behind the decision), and has seemingly not played organized hockey since.

His social media has gone silent too, but there has been speculation (without confirmation) that he is taking advantage of the CHL's university program and going to school.

Reactions: firstemperor

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Im picking the Swedes to make it to the gold medal game, lots of nice players on that team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad