Prospect and Marlies Thread: 2017 - 2018 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
The swedes D pairings for the game
  • Moverare-Lindström
  • Brännström-Westerlund
  • Högberg-Liljegren
  • Sellgren
I really like that Brännström kid.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Marner
Dermott
Bracco
Timashov
An absolutely amazing draft.
Marner is a first line star winger.
Dermott will be at least a top 4 d man with potential for more.
Bracco has been a pleasent surprise in the AHL, not in terms of being good but more as in he has been very good this early, and has adjusted very well to pro hockey
Timashov has been one of the better players for the Marlies, as he is now getting more playing time.

Skill, skill and more skill!

Reactions: Duke16

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
Marner
Dermott
Bracco
Timashov
An absolutely amazing draft.
Marner is a first line star winger.
Dermott will be at least a top 4 d man with potential for more.
Bracco has been a pleasent surprise in the AHL, not in terms of being good but more as in he has been very good this early, and has adjusted very well to pro hockey
Timashov has been one of the better players for the Marlies, as he is now getting more playing time.

Skill, skill and more skill!
I would be tempted to add Nielsen, but he is trending in the wrong direction at this point. Even Dzierkals and Lindgren shouldn't be counted out just yet. Those 4 are definitely the highlights though.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I would be tempted to add Nielsen, but he is trending in the wrong direction at this point. Even Dzierkals and Lindgren shouldn't be counted out just yet. Those 4 are definitely the highlights though.
I agree.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Jesper Lindgren is putting up serious minutes in the FEL.

Yeah I had a post a few threads back about how he played 30:30 in a game and is averaging the most minutes on his team. Just really surprising his stats are not matching up, but there could be a legit reason for that.

We have one more year with him after this one. He's not coming over next year most likely, so let us hope he can handle the big minutes (which likely means he's been good defensively) but can also put up some good numbers. Who knows, if he is impressive enough, he could make the Leafs straight out in two years as a RD.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I would like to know why Jesper Lindgren didn't sign with a SHL team, just curious? He was a risk that never worked out, imo

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
I would like to know why Jesper Lindgren didn't sign with a SHL team, just curious? He was a risk that never worked out, imo

He's 20 years old in a very respectable league where he's the top TOI guy. Sure his offense has not worked out as planned, and I may see why that is if I can find some decent Liiga Streams with him in it, but he's far from a bust just yet. If anything, he's doing better than expected. Not getting sheltered in a league like that as a 20 year old is already a good sign for a two-way defenseman like him, never mind being their #1 defenseman essentially.

HPK is not exactly the more potent offensive team either. They are tied for 12th in GF in a 15 team league, and the team itself is 12th overall. Only one guy has over 20 points in 30 games this year (he has 21) and only 7 have more than 10. They are not exactly lighting up the score sheet. They are 4th in GA though, which speaks volumes for someone like Lindgren who is getting a lot of defensive minutes.

We have his rights for one more year. Let's see what he does with it next year. As of right now, he's still a legit prospect for us though.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
He was considered a gifted offensive d'man but very weak defensively. I remember him in the summer jr showcase, he sat the entire games and just played the PP. I think we have 12 guys whose rights expire this summer and next. You better play well if they want a ELC.

• Middleton
  • Bobylev
  • Mattinen
  • Engvall
  • Vesey
  • Lindgren
  • Scott
  • Gordeev
  • McGregor
  • Räsänen
  • Joshua
Olli Juolevi, [URL='http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=250075']Miro Heiskanen have like 14 pts in 20 games, Lindgren has 4 pts in 32 games.[/URL]

Last edited:

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
He was considered a gifted offensive d'man but very weak defensively. I remember him in the summer jr showcase, he sat the entire games and just played the PP. I think we have 12 guys whose rights expire this summer and next. You better play well if they want a ELC.

• Middleton
  • Bobylev
  • Mattinen
  • Engvall
  • Vesey
  • Lindgren
  • Scott
  • Gordeev
  • McGregor
  • Räsänen
  • Joshua
Olli Juolevi, Miro Heiskanen have like 14 pts in 20 games, Lindgren has 4 pts in 32 games.

He is not that anymore. He's a smooth skating two-way defenseman ever since we've drafted him. He can not play 22+ minutes of PP a night, so it's pretty clear he's getting a ton of other minutes.

Vesey is not getting squat. Possibly not even an AHL deal. Bobylev at best can hope for an AHL deal. Engvall hurt himself bad so he's probably not getting signed unless he really lights it up.

The rest we will wait and see. As of right now, Middleton, Scott and Rasanen are the only ones really poised to earn an ELC as of right now. The rest may not get anything, or will have to settle for AHL deals and work from there.

You do also realize you are comparing a 4th round pick with two top 5 picks right? If Lindgren was on their level, he'd be considered one of our top prospects right now.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
He is not that anymore. He's a smooth skating two-way defenseman ever since we've drafted him. He can not play 22+ minutes of PP a night, so it's pretty clear he's getting a ton of other minutes.

Vesey is not getting squat. Possibly not even an AHL deal. Bobylev at best can hope for an AHL deal. Engvall hurt himself bad so he's probably not getting signed unless he really lights it up.

The rest we will wait and see. As of right now, Middleton, Scott and Rasanen are the only ones really poised to earn an ELC as of right now. The rest may not get anything, or will have to settle for AHL deals and work from there.

You do also realize you are comparing a 4th round pick with two top 5 picks right? If Lindgren was on their level, he'd be considered one of our top prospects right now.

I was just trying to add context into the discussion from that Finn league. He had his Marlie tryout last season and couldn't get into a game and was not offered an ELC. What is a swedish kid doing playing in Finland, I am pretty sure he had no SHL offers? Nithanial gives out no Swede info on these guys?

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Lindgren has been very good so far. If anything he is a risk that is working out. The fact he is getting ton of ice time on his team is a great sign. You dont get his ice time by being a bad player. All though I guess Maple Leafs poster never liked him so thats why he is criticizing him, and isnt a good talent evaluator either.
As Sea Of Blue pointed out, they are not a good offensive team, and if you look at where they were supposed to be based on projections before the season, the team has been underachieving.

Here is a snippit of what a poster said about Lindgren

Lindgren is probably my favorite "unknown" prospect. I think he's probably the best 97 born Swedish D when the puck is on his stick. He's not bad defensively either, just has to get stronger.

This was before this season. Lindgren is a good prospect to have, and we should be keeping our eyes on him.

Whoever says that he isnt doing well is simply wrong, and is only judging on point totals.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Lindgren has been very good so far. If anything he is a risk that is working out. The fact he is getting ton of ice time on his team is a great sign. You dont get his ice time by being a bad player. All though I guess Maple Leafs poster never liked him so thats why he is criticizing him, and isnt a good talent evaluator either.
As Sea Of Blue pointed out, they are not a good offensive team, and if you look at where they were supposed to be based on projections before the season, the team has been underachieving.

Here is a snippit of what a poster said about Lindgren

Lindgren is probably my favorite "unknown" prospect. I think he's probably the best 97 born Swedish D when the puck is on his stick. He's not bad defensively either, just has to get stronger.

This was before this season. Lindgren is a good prospect to have, and we should be keeping our eyes on him.

Whoever says that he isnt doing well is simply wrong, and is only judging on point totals.

You wouldn't know this cause you just post other peoples opinions, etc and random silly stuff...
  • He was at the 2016 summer jr classic, some of us have seen him play.
  • He was with the Marlies at the end of last season but wasn't good enough to get into a game or offered a contract this season.
  • Swedish kids don't go to Finland to play hockey, he went to Liiga because he had no SHL options.
why dont you give the follow me from thread to thread a break now?

Last edited:

taurine330

Nov 28, 2015
Stockholm
You wouldn't know this cause you just post other peoples opinions, etc and random silly stuff...
  • He was at the 2016 summer jr classic, some of us have seen him play.
  • He was with the Marlies at the end of last season but wasn't good enough to get into a game or offered a contract this season.
  • Swedish kids don't go to Finland to play hockey, he went to Liiga because he had no SHL options.
why dont you give the follow me from thread to thread a break now?
Quite the generalization, don't you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad