Prospect and Marlies Thread: 2017 - 2018 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
But no legit Prospects, depth but not quality just quantities, of small replicas, not an Ehlers or Jack Hockey's in the bunch. Not a prospect in the CHL, College, and just a bunch of Smurfs on the Marlies. Europe another Russian winger who can't even make the B squad for his country.

I agree. Habs prospect pool is horrendous.
Shouldnt you be posting this in the Habs board?

Barilko14

Jul 5, 2006
Renfrew, ON
But no legit Prospects, depth but not quality just quantities, of small replicas, not an Ehlers or Jack Hockey's in the bunch. Not a prospect in the CHL, College, and just a bunch of Smurfs on the Marlies. Europe another Russian winger who can't even make the B squad for his country.

No legit prospects?? What do you consider Liljegren, Kappy and Dermott??

Also Young Leafs lead the pack in Core Four Under-24 ranking - Article - TSN

We have one of if not the best young cores in the league.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008

What is a 'legit prospect'?

The reason that there are no Ehler's or "Jack Hockey's" is because those players make your rosters and don't really stay in the minors/junior long, we've seen it already with a few of our own players (Nylander/Marner/Matthews).

You're just not well versed in this topic, which isn't your fault, it's just not for everyone.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
I’m not sure where you’re going with this though, the Marlies have a good team that’s being driven by young guys who’ll likely end up in the NHL. Looks like depth to me

Just a bunch of Suspects who've proven nothing at this juncture,

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
The Marlies have a handful of guys who are worth a shot in the NHL right now. Not really a bad thing the Leafs have so much depth that they can't be there right now.
Leafs pool mostly needs younger guys. Many of the guys we have are 98's or older, and there are not even that many 98's.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
FreeBird is just trolling guys. He's been doing it for years and people still fall for it. I wouldn't worry too much about what he has to say.

Reactions: RomanianLeafs

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Moore is replaced by Alto and Gauthier. Soshkinov has to play ---> Komorov's spot. Bozak will walk to Pitts saying , " I got sick of the trade rumours!"

JVR will be traded before TD.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
Next season will be interesting with the below 4 becoming UFA's.

• JVR
  • Bozak
  • Leo
  • Moore

We do have lots of potential replacements who will be fighting over these positions, plus 1 year to plug in one or two higher cost UFAs if needed as we'll probably have about $15+- million free to plug in a UFA or two (a Joe Thorton maybe, to fit in beside Marleau) before the Marner/Matthews contracts kick in for 2019/2020.

JVR - potentially Lievo, Rychel, Marchment, Engvall and Korshkov are prospects who replace JVRs size while adding better 2-way play admittedly with less offense.
Bozak - This is where we are thin, although Altonnen and Nylander could replace his sheltered offense while providing better 2-way play.
Leo - Soshnikov, Johnnson, Kappanen and Grundstrom are potential replacements here.
Moore - given how cheap he is and how thin we are at center, it might be worthwhile to keep him another year while easing Gauthier into his slot.

Last edited:

Myopic

Feb 26, 2017
I have not followed the Marlies this year. How has Dermott looked? I had him pegged as a top 4 d-Man when I saw him in junior. He was a smart 2 way player with good speed and toughness. & He's very solidly built for a guy only 6'.
How has Liligren looked?

I'm hoping that Dermott & Liligren are the Marlies top pairing d-men.

Myopic

Feb 26, 2017
I suspect it’s going to be a lot easier to replace those UFAs than some suspect. The only noticeable difficulty may be JVRs offense.

Good analysis. Bracco is going to be fun to track over this season and next - especially as he forms chemistry with the other young guys.
Bracco, if he is a true center, would seem to be the perfect replacement for Bozak. My guesss is he is still 2 years away unfortunately and Bozy will be gone next year.
I suspect it’s going to be a lot easier to replace those UFAs than some suspect. The only noticeable difficulty may be JVRs offense.

Good analysis. Bracco is going to be fun to track over this season and next - especially as he forms chemistry with the other young guys.

Bracco has 5 points in his last 6 games after a very slow start. With young prospects, you want to see an uptick in progress as the season winds down. Let's hope he gets better and better. I also hope that he adds another 15 pounds over the next 2 years. He's currently listed at 171 pounds although you can never trust those numbers. 171 could be a pumped up stat.
TheAHL.com

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Bracco, if he is a true center, would seem to be the perfect replacement for Bozak. My guesss is he is still 2 years away unfortunately and Bozy will be gone next year.

Bracco has 5 points in his last 6 games after a very slow start. With young prospects, you want to see an uptick in progress as the season winds down. Let's hope he gets better and better. I also hope that he adds another 15 pounds over the next 2 years. He's currently listed at 171 pounds although you can never trust those numbers. 171 could be a pumped up stat.
TheAHL.com

Keefe has also mentioned that Bracco has improved so much in the details of the game. He has been really good do far

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017

That goal Bracco scored has renewed my interest in him lol

Reactions: Menzinger

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
Isn't that the definition of a prospect? Hello.

It's he hasn't done it yet, still in the suspect cate
Because our Barzal and Ehlers are playing in the NHL?

But not nearly as well, Barzal is worth more because he's a Centre, you only have to watch the last two games with out Matthews to see that.

Do you not know any prospects picked in the last 2 drafts for your examples?

You don't have to answer that. I already know.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Leafs prospects are looking really good. Looks like the plan hasnt failed after all.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
What is a 'legit prospect'?

The reason that there are no Ehler's or "Jack Hockey's" is because those players make your rosters and don't really stay in the minors/junior long, we've seen it already with a few of our own players (Nylander/Marner/Matthews).

You're just not well versed in this topic, which isn't your fault, it's just not for everyone.

Our top scorer on the Marlies is ranked 41 on the AHL scoring list, Mr Johnsson, as Babs has pointed out on many occasions the Leafs depth at the centre ice position is Weak. Now that's Depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad