Pro Tank thread IV - It do not matter, team got badder, crowd got quieter, losses came faster!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Another good night on the 'tank front'....wow, the tank discussions seems to start earlier and earlier with each passing season of the Linden-Benning regime. The Av's won again.....I"m beginning to think they could stay ahead of us.....nobody is reeling in either the 'Yotes or the Sabres unfortunately. But 29th place again, a real possibility. Just can't see how there wouldn't be a major shakeup in the hockey ops department after three dismal years in a row. But who knows what the owner is thinking?

Reactions: Wo Yorfat

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
They did the improbable and beat us last year. We havent even had our 2nd half season collapse yet

This year it might be harder I'm thinking? Horvat has taken a major step forward and Arizona is looking twice as bad as last year.

But like you said I guess you never know, last season none of us thought we'd fall behind them either.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Oh dang, Arisona picked up a win against Nashville.

Surprising.
I've kinda given up on catching Arizona of Buffalo. They are in 2015 tank mode which is hard to compete with even for a team like the canucks. Maybe we can win the lottery from 3rd overall and leap frog Arizona/Buffalo for a generational player like Edmonton did in 2015.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I've kinda given up on catching Arizona of Buffalo. They are in 2015 tank mode which is hard to compete with even for a team like the canucks. Maybe we can win the lottery from 3rd overall and leap frog Arizona/Buffalo for a generational player like Edmonton did in 2015.

Fair enough. I'm not gonna hold my breath for 1st overall either.

As long as Benning is fired and we have someone who's not a brain-dead drunken lunatic, I'll be happy.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
A big no thank you to Brady Tkachuck.

Guy is basically in the same situation as Mathews where he should have been drafted last year. This year he's basically putting up meh numbers for a top prospect in the NCAA.

Yeah he's basically the same age as Shane Bowers and putting up similar numbers.

I'd rather swing for the fences and go for someone with more upside such as Wahlstrom

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I wouldn’t be surprised if we take Tkachuk...would be such a Canucks thing to do. Pass on the more talented Tkachuk to take the more gritty one.

Reactions: timw33 and Toxic0n

Askel

By the way Benning should be fired.
Apr 19, 2004
Malmö/Vancouver
If we pick in the top 3 and pick Tkachuk I'm gonna be pissed there are 5 players at least that are better than him.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
well tanking should be helped by our schedule for the rest of the month. A 7 game road trip, with a 5 day break in the middle? And then 3 home games in Jan, with a 4 day break?

Duckhugs

Apr 11, 2016
I would love for Brady Tkachuk to go to the Oliers to battle his brother night in night out

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Nucks have work to do to get to the cellar levels of Buffalo and Arizona.

Just keep feeding Vanek on the PP though please. #StatPaddingTradeBaitFTW
So long as it doesn't result in wins. Would you be happy with a 3rd to trade from 5th to 10th, 36->41, and so on for every pick. I wouldn't.

infinitemile

Oct 8, 2017
Ottawa will pass us they dont belong at the bottom. Buffalo maybe. Would need a bit of luck. Arizona I'm not gonna hold my breath

BlueGreen

Jan 3, 2018
On the upside at least Colorado is improving and we shouldn't have to worry about them out-tanking us, hopefully. I have a feeling Buffalo will pass us eventually just like Arizona did last year. No shot we finish dead last the ARI tank is much too strong, but finishing 30th would be a dream, and put us in a fantastic position to land Dahlin.

Duckhugs

Apr 11, 2016
On the upside at least Colorado is improving and we shouldn't have to worry about them out-tanking us, hopefully. I have a feeling Buffalo will pass us eventually just like Arizona did last year. No shot we finish dead last the ARI tank is much too strong, but finishing 30th would be a dream, and put us in a fantastic position to land Dahlin.
and if not Dahlin we get our pick of the Crop at least

Reactions: BlueGreen

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
Getting to the very bottom requires a poor team with even worse luck.

Arizona f***ed up by not getting a veteran backup with raanta and no defensively aware veteran forwards. Honestly looks like a pretty easy team to fix.

That defense is so much better than this season.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
I don’t have an issue with taking Tkachuk, we could use a big gritty 2nd line center. I like his game and he’s built for playoff hockey.

Reactions: pomorick

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
With the canucks 10 points out of the playoffs, it seems almost certain that they will be selling again at the deadline. Are Vanek and Gudbranson likely gone? Hopefully management can swing some deals like they did last year for Dahlen and Goldobin.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
I would love for Brady Tkachuk to go to the Oliers to battle his brother night in night out

I always find this funny the concept of these players "tormenting us in the division", especially when you only play 4 (max 5) games against each of these teams.

I don’t have an issue with taking Tkachuk, we could use a big gritty 2nd line center. I like his game and he’s built for playoff hockey.

If we're drafting top 5 saying "hey this guy could be a 2nd line centre" you just shot yourself in the foot.

With the canucks 10 points out of the playoffs, it seems almost certain that they will be selling again at the deadline. Are Vanek and Gudbranson likely gone? Hopefully management can swing some deals like they did last year for Dahlen and Goldobin.

Hey 10 points is just 5 wins and an OT loss away!!!**

(if the 7ish teams ahead of us all lost 6 straight games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad