Pro Tank thread IV - It do not matter, team got badder, crowd got quieter, losses came faster!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Who's available in the market right now that is a viable replacement for Benning and Co?

There are about 30 choices in this picture alone...

art_potato-weight-info.jpg

Seriously, well I am serious a potato would be better, but I don't think you have to look very far to find someone who is going to be more competent.

Reactions: The Extrapolater

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Room for one more on the tank train?

I was hopeful for this season, was missing the playoffs passionately and with the multiple draft lotteries leaving me broken and jaded I decided not to tank this year, but after watching Dahlin I've embraced the tank ( going 2 for 12 certainly helps ) so here I am, I'm yours to do with how you please

Reactions: The Drop

elwin316

Jun 4, 2009

I was hopeful for this season, was missing the playoffs passionately and with the multiple draft lotteries leaving me broken and jaded I decided not to tank this year, but after watching Dahlin I've embraced the tank ( going 2 for 12 certainly helps ) so here I am, I'm yours to do with how you please

Basically the same feelings for me too. This morning was the first time I ran the draft simulator for this year...

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby

Welcome aboard
giphy.webp

Reactions: The Drop

infinitemile

Oct 8, 2017
Something clearly needs to be done, the morons that chanted fire gillis got their wish.

We need to organize something to get this inept management team fired, our media is clearly not getting the job done this has to come from the fan base.

"FI-RE BEN-NING" chants? Or "WE WANT GILMAN" chants? I don't think social media is gonna get anything done, there are so many stupid comments all the time on IG and Twitter. Aquilini will respond to arena chants when he sees the low attendance.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Uh oh not encouraging vote of confidence for Benning in Lindens state of the union adress..

Basically dodged the question about contract extensions.

Linden says they are focused on 2nd half of season and trade deadline and will evauluate Benning after..

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
No vote of confidence from Linden. Writing is on the wall here. Shame that Linden will likely make it through this by playing his last card of firing the GM.

Reactions: Chris McKinlay

infinitemile

Oct 8, 2017
Uh oh not encouraging vote of confidence for Benning in Lindens state of the union adress..

Basically dodged the question about contract extensions.

Linden says they are focused on 2nd half of season and trade deadline and will evauluate Benning after..

anyone have a recording of the interview?

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Yeah, it's sadly looking like Linden will somehow make it through all this unscathed. Keep in mind that he was the one who hired Benning, and he's going to be around to hire the next guy as well. It's going to be hard to find another person as bad as Benning, but I don't have much faith in him hiring someone who is decent.

Reactions: pomorick and clunk

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
I don't think Linden has much of a voice. He isn't a super smart guy. The best he could do to cash in was modeling eyeglasses. Does that sound like a guy that can argue down a billionaire?

Linden's job was to be the public face, do interviews and peddle the product. He undermined himself right away and has to find tame journalists to talk to. His other responsibilities were impacted by his tenure as President of the Player's Union. He was a poor choice and never grew into the position. He should step down.

Vigneault might be available this Summer. If he was Coach and GM it wouldn't matter who plays President.

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
Update time!
----------------------------------------------
The Canucks play Jan 14th, then are off until the 20th. It's certainly plausible that the 20th will be Horvat's return. W that being the premise, how do they fare?
Apparently now that's looking optimistic w them shooting for month's end-ish
Without Horvat:

4-2 L vs Phi
3-2 L @ Cal
5-1 L @ Wpg
14 games to go. I'll say 4-8-2.

7-1 L vs Nash
4-3 otW vs SJ
6-1 L vs Cal
7-5 L vs Mtl
5-4 otL @ SJ
3-1 L vs Stl
5-2 W vs Chi
4-3 L vs LA
5-0 L vs Ana
@ TO
@ Mtl
@ Wash
@ Clb
@ Min

@EDM

@ Wpg
vs LA

vs Buf

4.5 GAA since Bo went down.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
If, during the off-season, you had told me the Canucks would hang on just long enough to see Daniel's 1,000th point celebrated in a hard-fought win, and then jape the Maple Leafs on national television before initiating an irreversible downward slide starting the very next game, I would have laughed and told you that was perfect.

Last edited:

Seatoo

Never Stop Poasting
Oct 19, 2012
Okanagan
If I was able to choose the next regime and assuming brisbois was NOT available, it’d be Gilman as GM and Ferraro as AGM

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
If I was able to choose the next regime and assuming brisbois was NOT available, it’d be Gilman as GM and Ferraro as AGM
Can we give Weisbrod's job to Tony Ghallagher while we are at it? I am all in with that group.

Reactions: Peter10

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Linden needs to go. He is the real problem, imo. Benning is bad, yes, but Linden is the one with the ultimately final say. Both of them are just as much at fault, Linden potentially more because he hired Benning.

Why would you keep around the very same guy who hired the worst GM you've ever had?

Reactions: pomorick

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
No vote of confidence from Linden. Writing is on the wall here. Shame that Linden will likely make it through this by playing his last card of firing the GM.
Canucks are nine points out of the wildcard race and facing a seven-game road-trip.....entirely possible they'll officially be a dead-team skating by the time they get back. And normally the positive in all of this is that there's no reason to hold back when it comes to the trade deadline....the problem is that based on Linden's comments, Benning might be a 'dead GM' talking. So how can a 'lame-duck' GM hope to manage trades and prepare for the draft?....I can't help but conclude that if the Aquaman ran the rest of his businesses this way, he'd be in bankruptcy court by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad