Pro Tank thread IV - It do not matter, team got badder, crowd got quieter, losses came faster!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueGreen

Jan 3, 2018
Thank you all for the wonderful welcome :) I have to say it feels liberating to be surrounded by like minded individuals who actually get it. I was over on CDC for a little while under another alias, and just reading the tripe that these kool-aid drinking, Benning [mod] spew out over there is quite nauseating. I mean to each their own, but I can't support that crowd. The mascarade that this management portrays as this team being a playoff team makes me sick. I really believe that the injuries that the team has endured this year is a blessing as it reveals the true identity of this team. For the record I don't hate JB, TL and company, and I do feel that everyone and everything has a purpose, but being the GM of a hockey team esp one at the the NHL level is not meant to be for JB imo. I also respect TL as a hockey player but that doesn't mean he should be qualified to be the president of a professional hockey team. Successful organizations start from the top. These guys are not qualified for their positions and need to be replaced, and the sooner that happens the sooner we get back on the right path as a potential cup contender again. Also for the record I love the Canucks as all of you do and want the best for this team and organization moving forward. It almost feels like we're being imprisoned from our own team right now and we are just helplessly awaiting a change for us to get back what is ours.

Edit: Forgive me if this should've been posted in the management thread instead.

Last edited by a moderator:

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Welcome. And props for understanding the true motivations of the tank crowd.

It's not about tanking for a 'top 5 pick' right now. It's about cleaning out our terrible front office.

Tanking is not possible in Sweden since SHL teams get demoted to Allsvenskan. I just popped over to the Habs forum and they are in full tanking mode as well. :)

BlueGreen

Jan 3, 2018
Hmm, what a coincidence that teams with bad management are doing poorly and tanking.. interesting thought..

Last edited:
Reactions: geebaan

infinitemile

Oct 8, 2017
do you think Bettman will ever be pressured enough to change this ridiculous draft lottery system? Sure it actively hurts teams who are trying to tank but in the act catches teams like us whose management tried to ice a competitive team. For every Buffalo there is an Ottawa.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
do you think Bettman will ever be pressured enough to change this ridiculous draft lottery system? Sure it actively hurts teams who are trying to tank but in the act catches teams like us whose management tried to ice a competitive team. For every Buffalo there is an Ottawa.

I sure hope so. I'm honestly fine with the way the NFL does things. No lottery, just let the worst team pick 1st and so on. If teams are that bad for that long that they get multiple 1st overall picks then they probably deserve it.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I sure hope so. I'm honestly fine with the way the NFL does things. No lottery, just let the worst team pick 1st and so on. If teams are that bad for that long that they get multiple 1st overall picks then they probably deserve it.

I just don't see it happening.

Plus, having the draft changed while dim jim is still in power only serves to hurt this team's chance to land a high pick, no?

Either way it's kind of a crappy situation we're in...:

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
If any of y'all got tickets for xmas and want a jersey to throw just let me know. Not during play though please. That's a dick move.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
I wouldn't mind that or a reduced lottery. The bottom two teams flip a coin or something or the bottom three do a mini lottery. Everyone else picks in the order they finished.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
If any of y'all got tickets for xmas and want a jersey to throw just let me know. Not during play though please. That's a dick move.
Tbh we need jersey throwers and paper bag wearers. But wear them and throw them when this team manages to be winning a game.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I wouldn't mind that or a reduced lottery. The bottom two teams flip a coin or something or the bottom three do a mini lottery. Everyone else picks in the order they finished.

Yeah that would work too. I know people were annoyed with Edmonton getting all those first overall picks, but when you look at how bad they were can anyone argue that they didn't need as much help as they could get? The draft is there to help the really bad teams get better, and I'm not so sure the current set-up serves to accomplish that.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Alright Edmonton your turn, win in OT/SO and give Anaheim that extra point though (current last wildcard spot holder).

Calgary win would be nice too. Just keep moving everyone further and further away from us.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Buffalo is terrible but I still believe they can eventually pass us. Arizona most likely has 31st locked up

MTL in the shootout. Price with gods work in OT. Habs get 2 points and pass us.

Oooooo you might underestimate how bad they are. Take a watch of the road to winter classic eps on Youtube—Housley seems completely out of his depth as a coach, especially with the direct comparison in the eps to Alain Vigneault.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Arizona wins in OT! And Nashville snags a point which is always a bonus for our cause.

Edmonton and Anaheim both secure a point, and Edmonton with 1:55 of PP to start overtime....what a great night this is shaping up to be.

Edit: Calgary picks up the win, nice.

Edit 2: Edmonton wins, best case scenario tonight.

Last edited:

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
I’m sick of these teams with a kings ransom of young talented players and prospects continuing to lose and out tank us.

They don’t need the #1 pick, we do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad