Pro Tank thread IV - It do not matter, team got badder, crowd got quieter, losses came faster!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
Yeah, it's sadly looking like Linden will somehow make it through all this unscathed. Keep in mind that he was the one who hired Benning, and he's going to be around to hire the next guy as well. It's going to be hard to find another person as bad as Benning, but I don't have much faith in him hiring someone who is decent.
I think Aqua has sort of a celebrity crush on Linden. I read a story about Aqua's emails sucking up to Tom Brady and trying to get as close to him as possible, shamelessly. They made him seem pretty sad (for a billionaire). I think he probably had a similar crush on Linden that started years ago during 94 etc. To now have his once man crush/hero on his payroll and as his yes man is probably such a life victory for him. If this is the case he'll get at least another 3-4 years while the next GM does his thing. Nothing will change because from the top down this organization seems to be a mess. Except for Bo, Boeser, and these days Brackett - everyone else in this organization sucks.

Why should the Aqualini's care? They are billionaires because of their dad's company and what accountability or care in the world do they have for this team sucking? The media and everyone sucks up to them and they are big shots that win or lose make a lot of money from it- why change anything? Their team's utter failure at the most crucial time of the franchise's existence ultimately ignited a large population of idiots and led to a riot that cost millions in damage to the city their team is named after. It's not their fault directly of course but I mean low life idiots or not their crappy product ignited a riot and since has done nothing but disappoint and lie to its most loyal customer base.

With the way professional sports team go up in value and with the clout that comes with owning the "hottest ticket in town" in their home market I'm sure they will never sell. They are like a really crappy, bland, fat version of Jerry Jones that ultimately will never win any cups with this team. So really they aren't like him at all even...

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
Canucks are nine points out of the wildcard race and facing a seven-game road-trip.....entirely possible they'll officially be a dead-team skating by the time they get back. And normally the positive in all of this is that there's no reason to hold back when it comes to the trade deadline....the problem is that based on Linden's comments, Benning might be a 'dead GM' talking. So how can a 'lame-duck' GM hope to manage trades and prepare for the draft?....I can't help but conclude that if the Aquaman ran the rest of his businesses this way, he'd be in bankruptcy court by now.

Given that we're half way through the season and that far out,were pretty much toast,especially with 4 other teams between us and that last wildcard spot who are ahead of us by 5 or more points.We're not going to make up that much ground on all 5 of those teams between now and the end of the season,especially when the Sedins start to run out of gas in the second half.

Hopefully JB can get some good assets for Gudbranson and Vanek to help up at the draft and get Gaudette signed and into some games to see where he's at.This season is a write off,just hope Boeser can continue his steller season and we can see more progression from the youngsters.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Well at least Detroit is ahead of us.

Yep this is still a good outcome with two teams behind us playing a 3 point game. Ottawa wins it's 2 games in hand and they tie us.

We need to be a good 15 points out of the wildcard by all star break to make it inexcusable to keep Vanek/Gudbranson

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Yep this is still a good outcome with two teams behind us playing a 3 point game. Ottawa wins it's 2 games in hand and they tie us.

We need to be a good 15 points out of the wildcard by all star break to make it inexcusable to keep Vanek/Gudbranson
We need to get curb stomped in the road trip. We need to rediscover that 5GA form that we had earlier on.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Guddy is for sure gone. They arent trading Hutton because that would just be dumb to be benching him then to trade him. They are plumping up Guddy to get him top value at deadlime.

Baertschi back peacticing. Bo about 3 weeks away. Sutter who knows.

Its gonna be harder to tank as bad as were tanking now buy i still think we finish in the 27th-20th spot before the.lottery balls

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Hopefully one of Dahlin Zadina Boqvist tkachuk svechnikov Hughes is available.

If not. I think we.trade.down and draft somone like.ty smith , evan bochard or noah dobson.

I dont see us having any interest in drafting in the 7th-12 spot for someone like velano kupari wahlstrom.

BlueGreen

Jan 3, 2018
I have finally officially joined HF boards. I've been a by stander reading posts (especially in the tank thread which I fully support) over the past couple of years and I'd now like to also voice my displeasure for this crap management group on these boards as well. We need these incompetent fools outta here asap. I've been a fan since 1990 and I want, just like all of you for this team to win a cup in our life time! Until these fools are gone it ain't happening. So for my first official post I want enforce and support what all of you have said and done on here and vive Le tank!!

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Given that we're half way through the season and that far out,were pretty much toast,especially with 4 other teams between us and that last wildcard spot who are ahead of us by 5 or more points.We're not going to make up that much ground on all 5 of those teams between now and the end of the season,especially when the Sedins start to run out of gas in the second half.

Hopefully JB can get some good assets for Gudbranson and Vanek to help up at the draft and get Gaudette signed and into some games to see where he's at.This season is a write off,just hope Boeser can continue his steller season and we can see more progression from the youngsters.

That's about it.

Personally I am hoping this road trip goes real bad so Linden is forced to give up the idea of a good 2nd half when Bo returns and they are so far out they have to go into future mode and sell mode. Better still is for empty seats and fan apathy to nudge Aquilini to go into new GM mode.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
I have finally officially joined HF boards. I've been a by stander reading posts (especially in the tank thread which I fully support) over the past couple of years and I'd now like to also voice my displeasure for this crap management group on these boards as well. We need these incompetent fools outta here asap. I've been a fan since 1990 and I want, just like all of you for this team to win a cup in our life time! Until these fools are gone it ain't happening. So for my first official post I want enforce and support what all of you have said and done on here and vive Le tank!!
Welcome.

Reactions: BlueGreen

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby

Welcome to the tank.

Now if I can have your attention for a brief moment to go over the safety procedures...keep your hands and feet inside the vehicle at all times, if at any point during the ride you become disoriented, there's nothing we can do about it.
giphy.webp

passive voice

Jun 16, 2009
Who's available in the market right now that is a viable replacement for Benning and Co?

I pushed out probably 10 solid inches of viable Benning replacement a couple hours ago.

...Vigneault might be available this Summer. If he was Coach and GM it wouldn't matter who plays President.

Man I loved the job AV did here and think Rangers fans might not quite understand how bad they could have it, but there'd be a degree of "you can never go home again" there.

yvrtojfk

Aug 13, 2016
Canada
Man for some reason I get the feeling Sabres will turn it around. Sens will make a move that will get them playing real hockey and we have a fighting chance to get to 2nd last place. Will be decided by the hockey gods.

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
I look at it like this, while a good team like Anaheim managed to keep their head above water until the likes of Lindholm, Getzlaf and Kesler could come back this team can barely hold its head above water when healthy. I can't delusion myself with ideas that this group can be a playoff team when we see a team that usually plays awful and doesn't have the depth in the organization to cover for injuries to get to the playoffs

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Man for some reason I get the feeling Sabres will turn it around. Sens will make a move that will get them playing real hockey and we have a fighting chance to get to 2nd last place. Will be decided by the hockey gods.

Ottawa at the very least has an elite player in Karlsson, a goalie who we know can be solid, and some good pieces up front like Stone, Hoffman, Brassard, Ryan. I still think they'll finish ahead of us (heck they can tie us by winning their games in hand). Arizona + Buffalo are going to be hard to pas

passive voice

Jun 16, 2009

Life has meaning only in the struggle...

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Welcome. And props for understanding the true motivations of the tank crowd.

It's not about tanking for a 'top 5 pick' right now. It's about cleaning out our terrible front office.

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
Well, it's truly against my nature to EVER cheer for this team to lose (unless it's maybe the last few games of the season or something), but now that it's totally unlikely that we'll be making the playoffs, I'm now cheering for every team below us in the standings (or just above us) to win win win win! And lots of OT games for those teams as well, please. Those loser points add up quick.

So yeah, that's joining the tank too, I suppose. In sort of a half-measure. It's the best I can do, though.

Reactions: yvrtojfk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad