Premier League Round 28

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Read it slower.
Why is it a prick move? Why does Firmino doing make it not surprising?

If Messi did it would it be a prick move or genius? Also this didn’t even happen today so I don’t know why you are being salty.

EDIT: Oh wait he did do that today. I guess it’s not surprising because he did it again! I get it now. It’s nice to have a player with that in his locker.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Showing up your opponent in a runaway match is universally called out across sports.

2-0 is a runaway match? I'm not one to defend firminho because I think his celebrations are dumb but your grasping.

I mean with Liverpool no lead is safe. If someone wants to be creative to try to score more goals to increase the lead, they probably should.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
2-0 is a runaway match? I'm not one to defend firminho because I think his celebrations are dumb but your grasping.
I actually thought this was the 4-1, but it was the 3-1. Don't think it makes much of a difference, though. Putting this in in the 60th, while extremely early, effectively ended the game.

And really, runaway game or not, showboating in that vein is prickish. That's schoolboy stuff.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I mean with Liverpool no lead is safe. If someone wants to be creative to try to score more goals to increase the lead, they probably should.
What 'creativity'? He was literally alone on goal. He was looking back at Adrian.

That is in locker? He tapped it in with no one near 10 yards of him. It was showboating and nothing else.

Did you even see the match?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
What 'creativity'? He was literally alone on goal. He was looking back at Adrian.

Did you even see the match?
Yes. Liverpool won 4-1. Just like when they played West Ham earlier this season. Both games were pretty fun.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Yes. Liverpool won 4-1. Just like when they played West Ham earlier this season. Both games were pretty fun.
Lol. You really are the type.

Wrong on every level of Firminho's goal, so just a quick pivot to score pointing like that was ever in dispute.

Liverpool has some absolute gems on this board.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Don't have fun at football! Maybe you should stick to hockey.

Yeah, someone should smash his head into the boards for doing bad things and teach him how to play the right way.

Seriously, lighten up. It's a football game, but I do understand why someone would be mad about it because West Ham are absolute piss and there has to be something to be upset about.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
From "he wasn't really being racist for all these reasons" to "lighten up!".

What a rollercoaster today has been. Great job, Pool fans.

Reactions: bluesfan94

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
From "he wasn't really being racist for all these reasons" to "lighten up!".

What a rollercoaster today has been. Great job, Pool fans.

Maybe you should separate one from the other. I have zero intention of ever talking about the Suarez situation again.

But really, being mad about goal celebrations. Should lighten up. Never mind that the keeper attempted to make a studs up challenge which would have certainly injured the player if it was a well-timed tackle.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Maybe you should separate one from the other. I have zero intention of ever talking about the Suarez situation again.

But really, being mad about goal celebrations. Should lighten up.
That wasn't even the celebration. He celebrated in his usual way after the fact. Score like a normal person without solely trying to show up your opponent and then celebrate however you like, really.

Not sure why people are having such an issue distinguishing between the two.

Whatever, is what it is. Not the biggest issue with the game today for obvious reasons.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
That wasn't even the celebration. He celebrated in his usual way after the fact. Score like a normal person without solely trying to show up your opponent and then celebrate however you like, really.

Not sure why people are having such an issue distinguishing between the two.

The keeper went in studs up on him if you noticed. When he hit the West Ham player with his tackle instead it didn't look too good.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Clippit

Anyway, I'm glad to win these games and not draw them. Liverpool, if able to keep the squad together, will have a hell of a team next season with the way the team has improved as the season has gone on.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I hardly want to keep this going, but that is not studs up lol. He swung for the ball. Firminho was out of sight by the time Adrian's studs swung back around. Zabaleta is the one that got them.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
It's all a stupid argument. He got punished, it was what it was, and the club and the player have moved on.

Admittedly, there are players who have worn the kit for pretty much every EPL club who have more than a few missteps. Heck, Liverpool continue to pay a convicted spouse abuser. They're not innocent for that or anything else. The chant was stupid, and in bad taste. But I'm not surprised. Evra is more than a little bit detestable and I took the time to explain how many Liverpool supporters still feel on it. Biased, sure, but to be fair, it was Evra's word against Suarez and that's it.

The high and mighty act from some people here is pretty ridiculous.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
On the Firmino no look goal, I think it's stupid, but I'm not completely shocked. He's done it a few times already, and he can do what he wants as long as they go in. When it hits the post, I reserve the right to go ballistic.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
It's all a stupid argument. He got punished, it was what it was, and the club and the player have moved on.

Admittedly, there are players who have worn the kit for pretty much every EPL club who have more than a few missteps. Heck, Liverpool continue to pay a convicted spouse abuser. They're not innocent for that or anything else. The chant was stupid, and in bad taste. But I'm not surprised. Evra is more than a little bit detestable and I took the time to explain how many Liverpool supporters still feel on it. Biased, sure, but to be fair, it was Evra's word against Suarez and that's it.

Spousal abuse is a misstep. Got it.

Some of you Liverpool fans should just learn to respond the way LITN did. You're just digging yourself a bigger hole.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn

I don’t see how Evra allegedly being unlikable has anything to do with justifying defending what Suarez did.

I don’t see how that has to do with the credibility of Evra. People calling Evra a liar for calling out their idol is unbelievable.

No one is being high and mighty here. Just trying to be decent human beings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad