Premier League 2017-2018

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Yeah but what I mean is I think with the success Klopp has had transferring into the English Market with roaring support, it would make it a little easier for him, no? I feel he would be a little more welcomed.

I see. If it really were to happen, it would probably just be a stopgap job for him to steer ship, until next summer when a larger club comes calling.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
I see. If it really were to happen, it would probably just be a stopgap job for him to steer ship, until next summer when a larger club comes calling.
Oh yeah, not long term that’s for sure. Taking a team from relegation zone to Top 8 would be an impressive resume boost.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
The big question is - is Salah generational? :laugh:

Annoying that he wasn't subbed earlier against Pool (Kane that is). I guess Pochettino wanted to give him an opportunity to get a hattrick. Really no other reason for him to play until the 88th minute.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
AoeRVMD.jpg

Reactions: S E P H and Peen

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So, AGM showed how much of a ****ing **** Chip Keswick is.

Then you have FK who's one of the most intelligent Gooners saying that Arsenal were ready and wanting to buy Griezmann, but the Arsenal board ****ing said no to the deal. I give Wenger a lot of criticism here and some of it is just, but he's wanting the players to make this team better. I can't fault him for that, it's like when Arsenal couldn't buy Lemar in the summer because they supposedly didn't have the funds, but will randomly buy him after selling Sanchez and Ox. For a team that has a treasure chest of funds from all the CL groups stages we've made, why is this team on an internal budget? I mean the Arsenal, one of the richest clubs which doesn't even need Kroenke's own personal money has an internal budget....

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I think when Gomez has been good he has been excellent. But when he has been poor he is a train wreck.

That being said he is a very young player who is a year removed from some bad knee injuries. I don’t think he stays at right back though.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Well, Gomez has been quite good in a lot of games. But I can also mention at least three large mistakes he has made that made Liverpool concede a goal, without putting much thought into it. His defending when Lanzini scored last week was one of the most pathetic things ever. Whoscored ratings mean close to nothing to me.

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Individual mistakes are normal in a young player's game. The whole body of work has been great especially for a player his age playing in a system that is very hard on defenders.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Mike Dean is officiating Arsenal v Tottenham.

My body is ready.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Is Iwobi's brace with Nigeria enough to warrant him a start in the North London derby?
He should.

Don't want to see Alexis play another minute for the club.

Lacazette was good enough to score two on Germany, but not start for Arsenal.

Same with France. Won't start in meaningful matches for France as long as Giroud + Deschamps are still here.

Maybe the player is the issue.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
How I would line Arsenal up Saturday

Lacazette - Giroud
Sanchez - Ozil - Iwobi
Kola(WB) - Ramsay - Bellerin(WB)
Monreal - Holding
Cech

Just run right at them

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
He should.

Don't want to see Alexis play another minute for the club.

Same with France. Won't start in meaningful matches for France as long as Giroud + Deschamps are still here.

Maybe the player is the issue.
That's partly because there are similar types of players but no big body like Giroud.
That and DD's bias.
No issue with Lacazette besides scoring in big games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad