Premier League 2017-2018

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Quote please

I can't find any since the messages were lost after the site change.

But anytime Arsenal didn't do well the immediate response was "Mighty". As if Liverpool were doing any better at the time.

And I believe both teams are on the same level. Just the smugness of some Liverpool supporters is really irritating. You don't hear any Arsenal supporters mentioning about the EPL trophies won over 10 years ago.

Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I find it interesting how mainly one person rates Salah over Lacazette, when Lacazette is playing for such an inferior team according to them.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
If Lacazette starts every game and finally breaks through in terms of big games and consistent effectiveness under pressure, then he's world class.
He has that potential, and I still can't decide if he'll reach it or not.
I don't think Salah is world class, although a very very good player.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Ehhhhhh, that was me I think.

Arsenal's CL Final loss to Barcelona was harder to accomplish than Liverpool's CL win against Milan. Don't get me wrong, Liverpool had to win against Pirlo and Kaka, but they were fortunate it was penalties where upsets occur naturally. Arsenal had to fight against a Finals team consisting of Valdes, Deco, Ronaldinho (who was the best player in the world at the time), prime Puyol, and a world class Eto'o. Not even that, but Milan dominated that game and like Chelsea, Pool had one of the flukiest wins ever.

Come on now. That AC Milan team was absolutely stacked top to bottom. They won the CL twice in 5 years, made the finals 3 times and only lost in the semis to Barca the year they won 1-0.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I can't find any since the messages were lost after the site change.

But anytime Arsenal didn't do well the immediate response was "Mighty". As if Liverpool were doing any better at the time.

And I believe both teams are on the same level. Just the smugness of some Liverpool supporters is really irritating. You don't hear any Arsenal supporters mentioning about the EPL trophies won over 10 years ago.

Yeah I mean neither team is the picture of victory right now. I don’t think the majority have really gone after Arsenal too bad. I haven’t even really watched CL if Liverpool wasn’t in it. CL depends on the draw and Arsenal kept running into Bayern. Only so much you can do.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Come on now. That AC Milan team was absolutely stacked top to bottom. They won the CL twice in 5 years, made the finals 3 times and only lost in the semis to Barca the year they won 1-0.
Milan was an amazing team, no arguments from me, but the Barca one we faced were better and only got better after that game considering that Xavi, Messi, and Iniesta were about to explode. Ironically and funny enough, after that season or the next Ronaldinho moved to Milan.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Milan was an amazing team, no arguments from me, but the Barca one we faced were better and only got better after that game considering that Xavi, Messi, and Iniesta were about to explode. Ironically and funny enough, after that season or the next Ronaldinho moved to Milan.

I think the Milan team was probably better. Shevchenko and Kaka both won the Ballon d'Or, greats like Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Seedorf, Pirlo, Stam, Cafu, Crespo...not a hole anywhere on that team. There's a reason they went on an won the CL again the year after Barca did (meeting Liverpool again in the final) even with Barca on the rise (and again, lost to Barca 1-0 over 2 legs the year Barca beat Arsenal). I also agree that Milan dominated the game against Liverpool and it was a miraculous victory.

I mean, Liverpool beat that same Barcelona team the next year in the first round of the knockouts before Milan won the CL.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Goodbye Shakespeare.
No surprise there, they have been terrible this year despite ownership spending money.

Appleton Manages this coming week, and the Club is searching for a new manager....

The club didn't help itself with failing to file for Adrien Silva in time to play before January, and losing Drinkwater hasn't helped either..

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Also posted in WC Thread:

Senegal has called up Sadio Mane, who is supposed to be out at least another month, to their next match in on November 10. Senegal’s manager thinks he is healthy.

Senegal coach Aliou Cisse: "Sadio Mane has resumed individual training and will probably resume full training next week."

All the meanwhile Liverpool has stated his BEST case scenario would be the Chelsea game on November 25th.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Seems to be a good amount of stuff that Poch will be revealing in his biography written by Guillem Balague. Personal I think writing a biography on him now seems very weird. Especially when many players mentioned are still on the team. At least ten years too early. Some stuff revealed by excerpts are Walker's transfer request and former fiction between Poch and Dier regarding his preferred position and interest from Mourinho.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Shouldn't really be a surprise given their start, but Koeman was sacked.

David Unsworth will be the interim manager, being promoted from their U23 squad.

Early rumors have Sean Dyche linked as the favorite although there's lots of other names being floated like Tuchel, Moyes, Ancelotti.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
I don't think Salah is world class, although a very very good player.

Salah is a top player. Serie A guys (apart from Juve players) tend to be underrated. Salah, Perisic, Allan, Jorginho... People don't realize how good they are.

Salah is definitely playing top quality football for LFC so far and was doing the same in Rome.

I guess the definition of world class can vary, but he's world class as far as I'm concerned.
Liverpool fans are only going to be happier with the signing as time goes by.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
My definition is top 10 at his position. I don't think Salah is a top 10 AM.
And look at the guys you named : all failed at other clubs.
Serie A guys are not underrated, they're rated properly. Icardi for instance is a fantastic striker, something I've claimed for years here. Salah is a very good player, but not WC.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Tuchel supposed to be the favourite for Everton gig. He’s a tactical genius so I can see that going over well.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I didn’t see Klopp to Kopp happening so who knows I guess. After his success with Liverpool fans I can see more of it happening in the PL.
The question is if Tuchel wants Everton, not if Everton wants Tuchel. That would be obvious IMO.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
The question is if Tuchel wants Everton, not if Everton wants Tuchel. That would be obvious IMO.
Yeah but what I mean is I think with the success Klopp has had transferring into the English Market with roaring support, it would make it a little easier for him, no? I feel he would be a little more welcomed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad