Mar 31, 2015
How I would line Arsenal up Saturday

Lacazette - Giroud
Sanchez - Ozil - Iwobi
Kola(WB) - Ramsay - Bellerin(WB)
Monreal - Holding
Cech

Just run right at them

This formation would be a sight to be seen.....but Spurs would rip right through it.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
This formation would be a sight to be seen.....but Spurs would rip right through it.

Probably, but after the way we've been shredded by teams we're "competing" against(Liverpool, Citeh) I'd rather they try to actually get in their faces instead of playing counter football and being dragged all over the field and cut open.

themightyquinn

Jun 10, 2007
Toronto
North London is ours. 3-1 Spurs.

Kane hat trick then running the length of the pitch like Henry did at WHL and doing a knee slide in front of the home supporters while kissing the badge.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Alderweireld expected to be out until after christmas. Swell.

Should give him plenty of time to negotiate a new contract though.

Last edited:

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
To me it looked like a bad tear - was shocked when they were talking about him returning after the international break. Not suggesting I know these things from watching it happen on TV, but it looked like a classic 6-8 weeks tear.

As long as the rest stay fit I'm not sure if this will hurt Spurs that much. Alderweireld has been the best CD for the last 2 years, but he has not been as solid this year as the two years before. He has actually looked a bit tired. Might even benefit Spurs longer term if he gets back well rested in January.

Also pushing Sanchez out to the right actually benefits Spurs IMO. Vertonghen - Dier - Sanchez isn't much worse than Vertonghen - Sanchez - Alderweireld with Sanchez and Alderweireld, IMO, playing out of position. The biggest issue is Dier falling asleep like he did against Utd. And it means either Dembele or Wanyama really have to get fit soon (looks like Dembele is getting closer to some sort of match fitness at least).

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Zlatan possibly on the bench already on Saturday.

Zlatan, Pogba and Rojo could all feature this weekend.

Can't imagine Zlatan is going to be effective for awhile though. He's old, coming off an ACL tear. Hopefully he's ready to play a role off the bench.

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
If any of the stipulations being reported are true (i.e. The relegation clause), then Ashley should have rejected it and that's the case even if the valuation was acceptable.

If they are going to pay in installments, putting in a lower payment for that season (then increasing upon promotion) is a different story.

The number of people freaking out over a low initial bid and subsequent rejection are being unrealistic. There is a willing buyer and willing seller (it seems) and as long as that's the case let the negotiations continue.

Reactions: Stray Wasp

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
If any of the stipulations being reported are true (i.e. The relegation clause), then Ashley should have rejected it and that's the case even if the valuation was acceptable.

If they are going to pay in installments, putting in a lower payment for that season (then increasing upon promotion) is a different story.

The number of people freaking out over a low initial bid and subsequent rejection are being unrealistic. There is a willing buyer and willing seller (it seems) and as long as that's the case let the negotiations continue.

Indeed.

I suspect matters are complicated by Ashley's need to reconcile his greed, his fear and his ego.

I imagine that Ashley can't abide the thought that someone else might do a better job running NUFC than him, casting a still more dismal light on his own failures.

I reckon he aspires to sell the club to a someone who knows nothing at all about football, is too fuelled by hubris to bother with due diligence, and in consequence doesn't realise the club's true price tag. Finding such a candidate would allow him to rip them off and gloat afterwards about how clever he's been, satisfying his self-image as a maverick who always confounds the experts to win big.

In other words, he's wanting to sell the club to himself as he was in 2007. Which isn't a viable proposition.

I have this dream that the whole scenario will play out like that great British film The Long Good Friday, with Ashley in the Bob Hoskins role as the oik made good who finds himself faced with forces far too strong and nasty for him.

But that returns me to the point about hope being dangerous.

Reactions: maclean

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Can't imagine Zlatan is going to be effective for awhile though. He's old, coming off an ACL tear. Hopefully he's ready to play a role off the bench.

To believe Zlatan, it was more than just an ACL tear and we would be "shocked" if we knew the full extent of his injury

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
What the heck is going on at Everton this season? They were the best 'non big-6' team in the PL last year, yet some of their losses this season have been downright embarrassing.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
No one talking PL anymore?

West Ham just beat Chelsea, wow.

There's a stickied thread at the top for the week's PL games.

But yeah, Conte conceded the title after the loss. Moyes righting the ship :sarcasm:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Chelsea's manager turnover is a bit wild for me considering they've been a relatively successful team for a while now.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
So apparently after the game Mourinho stormed the locker room of City. As a United fan, f*** this guy. I understand he did a lot for us and has been good for us but I’m sick of his antics. He should be gone if this turns out to be true. Then United should bring in Tuchel or Blanc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->