GDT: Preds at Sens 2/8/2018 Burrowless edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

16w

Jun 23, 2003
some hope for next season for sure.

next season? what do you mean next season?

Ottawa goes 14-2 over the next 16 games, while Columbus plays .500 hockey, and the Sens are in the 8th spot!

undoubtedly the guys in the locker room haven't thrown in the towel yet... and it's not like they haven't had a miracle run before

this comment might be facetious or ironic... but i don't even know anymore :(

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Never said Hoffman wasn't good. That seems to have been lost in translation though. I've mentioned numerous times that it would be a mistake to trade Hoffman, for a reason. I find him frustrating as a player but he is still a very good. I just think total package, everything they bring to the ice, Ryan is better.
But you said Hoffman is not the kind of player the people want on their hockey team and according to you Hoffman doesn’t care about winning. Do you stand by those statements?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
It's time he get PK time. If Boucher won't give him PP time yet, at least start giving him time to PK. He's good at it.

his overall energy could give a boost to the PK players.
I was thinking the same thing.. Although he should be stealing some of Smiths minutes on the PP and in OT imo

Reactions: Newgates59

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
The predictions of us playing well enough to finish outside the top ten seem as though they’re coming to fruition

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Imagine Ryan and Burrows mysteriously disappear and never don the Sens jersey again...

This is the saddest thing I've ever read. Just imagining it and knowing it'll likely never happen. Sad.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
But you said Hoffman is not the kind of player the people want on their hockey team and according to you Hoffman doesn’t care about winning. Do you stand by those statements?

I was speaking mostly out of frustration that night but relative to his peers, I do stand by it. I'm not going to get into it tonight but it just seems juvenile to bring it up everytime he does something good. It's not like I go around every game pointing out his flaws, I don't. I've been more complimentary of Hoffman than anything else.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Hard to argue with this. Dido is proving he belongs... I get Dumont brings a little more speed and some more physical play but I'd rather have Dido ... he plays hard, can hold on to the puck, make plays and score

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Hard to argue with this. Dido is proving he belongs... I get Dumont brings a little more speed and some more physical play but I'd rather have Dido ... he plays hard, can hold on to the puck, make plays and score

Dumont tries, but isn’t very good. Dido can put the puck in the net once in a while. Dido is clearly better.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Just got home from the game, fun night and good game, I wasn't surprised Preds made a big push in the third period.
Disappointed no "Missing Chiclets".

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Wait. If Hoffman doesn’t care about winning and only cares about goals but he scored in a first goal wins contest. Does he not care about winning?

Hoffman hates winning. He tried to score on his own net but got confused and accidentally won the game for Ottawa.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Feels like 2 games ago Boucher completely threw the system out the window. We're playing super aggressive with 2 forecheckers, 3rd forward allowed to go deep in the offensive zone, tight on the point on D. Seems like a completely different style we're trying out.... gotta say im liking it though. Way more exciting and it lets our forwards use their speed and skill and the score reflects that.

Guessing coach Karlsson read the riot act to Boucher.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Good energy in the building. Funny how a couple players throwing the body can do wonders. McCormack hammers Josi early and it set the tone of the game. Everyone was hitting. Dion scrapping. Smith, Pageau, Blunden playing tough.

Nashville is a strong, physical team. They have all the tools to win.

Nice tribute to Turris, who looked his usual smooth, slow, small gliding self. Buy one shot away from scoring as always.

Duchene was very strong again. Just a force every shift.

Karlsson made a few dashes and turns that absolutely looked like Karl from last year. Dare I say it, he is back?

White is going to be intriguing. Pierre McGuire may be right about him.

Josi is really good and should get some Norris talk. Ryan Johanssen just doesnt impress me...

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Is it 4 wins in the last 5 games? It’s getting stressful a bit... I wouldn’t care to draft 12th if it wasn’t at risk to go to the AVS if they don’t stay in the top-10

How do you watch so much hockey and still think Bobby Ryan is a great player?

Well I don’t know how much I know hockey but I think Ryan is a great player when healthy but unfortunately for him and the Sens, this doesn’t happen very often. Every time he gets going he gets injured again. What I see is a talented player diminished by injuries, something that I have witnessed a countless number of times through my decades of following hockey

He was waived when playing at a 0.5ppg clip for Alex Burrows, reclaimed, and banished to the AHL once again in favour of Dumont. That’s the **** end of the stick my friend.

He was not supposed to get picked up, but the team 1st overall in the standings decided to pick him up (as a revenge for Dumont maybe) but waived him again eventually (as expected)

Dido is in his first year in the NHL, like every other player in Belleville, he got a second opportunity and finally might end up with the most games played amongst call-ups

Last edited:

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
Interesting stat;

4 wins in February so far.

We had 5 wins in December AND January.

I hope this is not the return of the “pesky” Sens or I’m gonna lose my rag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad