GDT: Preds at Sens 2/8/2018 Burrowless edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Feels like 2 games ago Boucher completely threw the system out the window. We're playing super aggressive with 2 forecheckers, 3rd forward allowed to go deep in the offensive zone, tight on the point on D. Seems like a completely different style we're trying out.... gotta say im liking it though. Way more exciting and it lets our forwards use their speed and skill and the score reflects that.

It's probably been a good 2 months now that they have been sending two forecheckers, consistently.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Well I don’t know how much I know hockey but I think Ryan is a great player when healthy but unfortunately for him and the Sens, this doesn’t happen very often. Every time he gets going he gets injured again. What I see is a talented player diminished by injuries, something that I have witnessed a countless number of times through my decades of following hockey

While I agree with you that injuries have hampered his play throughout his tenure with Ottawa, I think his lack of dedication and appropriate training have played large part in him getting those injuries. Perhaps less with the hands, but that's a more recent pattern, and hands don't stop you from skating and overall compete level, which has always been incredibly inconsistent with Bobby.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
A fun game to watch? A fun game to watch!!! Must admit doing a fist pump when we scored in OT.

Somehow we managed to overcome missing Burrows... I want to highlight a couple of guys: DiDo and Boro:

- DiDo just has a nose for the net, kind of an opportunist. We don't often have guys like this on our team. He's saved a couple of goals at the goal line too.

- And Boro this season is a transformed man! While he still has his limitations, he now jumps into the offense and makes good decisions too! He's that rare conscientious pupil who while mediocre listens to the coach and does exactly what he's asked to do. And ends up being quite ok.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Boro has been one of my favorite players this season. He deserves to be locked into the bottom pairing.

I have done a complete 180 on him since the end of last years regular season. He's been great.
It really is remarkable how much he's improved. Apparently they really challanged him to be a bigger factor with the puck, and he doing all the right things. He still has a limited skill set, but his decision making with his limitations in mind has been very good. He's a physical force, and now smartly joins the rush to create offensive pressure too.

Reactions: BigRig4 and Cosmix

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Boro has been one of my favorite players this season. He deserves to be locked into the bottom pairing.

I have done a complete 180 on him since the end of last years regular season. He's been great.

Agreed.

He's had quite the season for himself this year when healthy. Totally deserves a spot on the roster, especially considering the letdown that other defencemen have been (Claesson, I'm looking at you here, bud).

Reactions: BigRig4

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
What a great game. First and foremost hockey to me has to be entertaining. That's why I love it. It' amazing to watch And tonight had me out of my seat when I saw Hoffman breaking out and cheering when he scored! That's what I want to see from this team even if they lose...make it worth it! I know that enthusiasm should be tempered but if they can maintain that level of play...dare I say it...playoffs?? Would I prefer the best pick possible if we are going to miss, sure...tank like hell but if the players choose otherwise, I'll gladly cheer for the run to the post season even more.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I was speaking mostly out of frustration that night but relative to his peers, I do stand by it. I'm not going to get into it tonight but it just seems juvenile to bring it up everytime he does something good. It's not like I go around every game pointing out his flaws, I don't. I've been more complimentary of Hoffman than anything else.

They want to call you out every time Hoffman does something good just search their post history and harp on something they said before :D They probably thought Prince and Puempel were good or something. You gotta stoop low!

I admit I really don’t agree with your Hoffman comments but it’s petty and juvenile to make the same boring comments over and over every time Hoffman something well.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
As someone who was a very harsh critic of Boro, I'm happy to admit he's proving me wrong and having a strong season.

Well done Mark

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
As someone who was a very harsh critic of Boro, I'm happy to admit he's proving me wrong and having a strong season.

Well done Mark
Yeah
Me too

Theres something with this team when Boro is in the line-up
They look like they feel more comfortable

Also , no plugs (less) = win

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Blues fan checking in to see how Magnus is doing. A good guy.

Google Zero to Sixty, Magnus, and Sloth

Interesting team interviews we do here. Magnus had some interesting answers

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
- DiDo just has a nose for the net, kind of an opportunist. We don't often have guys like this on our team. He's saved a couple of goals at the goal line too

Yeah, I defended waiving him because I thought he was too small and slow, but he seems to have pretty good offensive IQ, often finds himself in good spots in the offensive zone. He's been proving me wrong lately.

Reactions: Cosmix

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I’m glad the last like ten posts have happened to this idea of “anti boro bias” can die. The guy is playing great for reasons OTHER than his toughness. He’s thinking about his decisions. He’s taking that chance to pinch. He’s not trying to do a million things at once in the defensive zone and engaging when he needs to not just throwing himself into the boards.

Boro prior to this season was truly a mess. This year he’s figured something out. And it’s awesome.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Yeah, I defended waiving him because I thought he was too small and slow, but he seems to have pretty good offensive IQ, often finds himself in good spots in the offensive zone. He's been proving me wrong lately.
He seems very hard to dispossess in the corners as well. Like alfie-lite-lite-lite-lite-lite.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
I’m glad the last like ten posts have happened to this idea of “anti boro bias” can die. The guy is playing great for reasons OTHER than his toughness. He’s thinking about his decisions. He’s taking that chance to pinch. He’s not trying to do a million things at once in the defensive zone and engaging when he needs to not just throwing himself into the boards.

Boro prior to this season was truly a mess. This year he’s figured something out. And it’s awesome.

Now we just need Ceci to "figure it out".

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
While I agree with you that injuries have hampered his play throughout his tenure with Ottawa, I think his lack of dedication and appropriate training have played large part in him getting those injuries. Perhaps less with the hands, but that's a more recent pattern, and hands don't stop you from skating and overall compete level, which has always been incredibly inconsistent with Bobby.

His lack of training and dedication broke his finger repeatedly? That's the vast majority of his injuries as a Sen. Yes, he had the hernia his first year here but after that, was there anything else? I honestly don't think so.

Just looked it up:

[TR][TH]Date Description Status
02/02/2018HandDay-To-Day
01/10/2018HandDay-To-Day
12/22/2017FingerDay-To-Day
12/02/2017HandDay-To-Day
10/22/2017Broken FingerDay-To-Day
04/04/2017Upper-Body InjuryDay-To-Day
02/19/2017Broken FingerIR
02/18/2017IllnessDay-To-Day
11/30/2016HandIR
11/18/2016Broken FingerDay-To-Day
12/21/2015HandDay-To-Day
11/20/2015Undisclosed InjuryDay-To-Day
02/10/2015Muscle CrampsDay-To-Day
11/29/2014Broken FingerDay-To-Day
03/23/2014HerniaDay-To-Day
[TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY][/TH][/TR][/TBODY]
[TBODY][TR][TH]
Lack of training and dedication didn't make him injury prone, drinking Malk did.

[/TH][/TR][/TBODY]

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
What a great game. First and foremost hockey to me has to be entertaining. That's why I love it. It' amazing to watch And tonight had me out of my seat when I saw Hoffman breaking out and cheering when he scored! That's what I want to see from this team even if they lose...make it worth it! I know that enthusiasm should be tempered but if they can maintain that level of play...dare I say it...playoffs?? Would I prefer the best pick possible if we are going to miss, sure...tank like hell but if the players choose otherwise, I'll gladly cheer for the run to the post season even more.

Firewagon hockey, with speed and fast attack, is far far more fun to watch than the boring, offensively challenged 1-2-2 Boucher defensive system.

Reactions: Alex1234

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Duchene is quickly becoming my favourite player. I routinely blurt out "Oh, Duchene's back out!" when his line is on. lol
I really enjoy watching him play. Great addition.

Same here. There is so much energy when he is out there. Everyone seems to be moving faster when Duchene gets on the ice. White also looks fantastic when he is out there with Duchene. No need to comment on Hoff because when put in a top 6 role, he has always produced, no matter who he plays with.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Duchene is quickly becoming my favourite player. I routinely blurt out "Oh, Duchene's back out!" when his line is on. lol
I really enjoy watching him play. Great addition.

He just has that "it" factor. I cannot recall ever having a player like this on our team. A stockier , stronger Havlat maybe? A young Alfie?

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Yeah
Me too

Theres something with this team when Boro is in the line-up
They look like they feel more comfortable

Also , no plugs (less) = win

Actually, I think it is more the right type of plugs. McCormick set the tone with a big hit on Josi, and Nash was after him all game. Blunden checked hard as well. And I think it inspired the team to play tougher as Smith looked and played like Smith. Pageau played with an edge. Dido was checking...everyone was engaged.

I know many lament the loss of MacArthur and Methot, but in many ways the team lacks someone with an edge. Chris Neil had his time, but there was no one to spark the troops to play hockey. What I have been watching was not hockey. More like "Ice skating with a puck". Last night was a hockey game. I can't remember the last hockey game I watched this year.

That is why we need a player like Brady Tkachuk. This team needs jam and maybe the easiest solution is leave McCormick up here and let him run with it. Either way this team needs to play with an edge because it makes them play more focussed, aware and engaged. Nashville finishes their check, from line 1 to line 4 (except Turris). That is a fast , tough team they have assembled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->