GDT: Preds at Sens 2/8/2018 Burrowless edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
We all want to see our team win

But what we want most is the grand prize
The one that slipped off of our hands 2 times in the last 10 years or so

Most of us realize a really high pick is going to put us nearer that prize then a late run

Winning a cup is tough
Every team has a small window

Lets say we climb up the standings a bit and finish 11 and the pick goes to Sakic

Are we winning the cup next year?

Then EK decides to sign elsewhere

Do we win the cup in 2-3-4 years?

Or Do we bit our nails watching Dahlin Dobson Boqvist Walhstrom
Bouchard or Hughes

Tanking is tough on the soul yeah but as CHI and PIT and soon TO showed us theres not many ways to win it all
Has to go through high pick draft

Only my opinion of course
They have nowwhere near the core that the previous had...Nor is it as easy to get with lottery..Toronto has one star in Matthews,the others had at least 3...

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
He's in the same mould of Forsberg when it comes his size and skill-set, he just doesn't have anywhere near the vision or hockey sense Forsberg did.

Highly skilled with the puck on his stick; and in really tight spaces... I have been watching White try to figure out where to be with him... Its not easy.. You give him the puck behind the net.. most natural thing to do would be to go to the front of the net or try to find a soft spot to get the puck back and Duchene .. brings it out from behind spinning off defenders to seemingly try to get a shot off... Its hard to know where you should position yourself . He trys to do a lot on his own. When there is more space on the PP it gets a little easier. Not meant to be critical of Duchene. I think on team Canada he would look to move the puck quicker and more often but the guy he is moving it to has likely put himself in a good spot to get it as well. Forsberg was one of the best players in the league in his prime imo. A different tier.

Reactions: topshelf15

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Highly skilled with the puck on his stick; and in really tight spaces... I have been watching White try to figure out where to be with him... Its not easy.. You give him the puck behind the net.. most natural thing to do would be to go to the front of the net or try to find a soft spot to get the puck back and Duchene .. brings it out from behind spinning off defenders to seemingly try to get a shot off... Its hard to know where you should position yourself . He trys to do a lot on his own. When there is more space on the PP it gets a little easier. Not meant to be critical of Duchene. I think on team Canada he would look to move the puck quicker and more often but the guy he is moving it to has likely put himself in a good spot to get it as well. Forsberg was one of the best players in the league in his prime imo. A different tier.
Yep for sure ,he was a tough SOB too,excellent along the wall

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Hindsight being 50/50, perhaps keeping Hossa, and not trading him because of his high salary, would have been the right thing to do.
The trade allowed a lot of salary flexibility and got us an equivalent player (albeit Heatley didn't have the longevity, and the move may have cost us Chara). I'm not that upset about it (and Hossa was one of my all time favourites), the move was justifyable even with the benefit of hindsight, but what happened with Chara and Heatley should have been handled better.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
While I agree with you that injuries have hampered his play throughout his tenure with Ottawa, I think his lack of dedication and appropriate training have played large part in him getting those injuries. Perhaps less with the hands, but that's a more recent pattern, and hands don't stop you from skating and overall compete level, which has always been incredibly inconsistent with Bobby.

Yes but it’s impossible to know. It’s all speculation. One thing to have in mind is that he is a skilled player, very high end skill (look at some of his goals in his career, dang), so he might have been practicing skills and shooting more than most players

Some players are just injury prone, Ryan has a very good frame and seems athletic enough but the « grinding » of the season and the style he plays eventually plays against him. I don’t think there’s much he could do about it

Concerning his skating, Ryan has never been an above average skater but he also had some injuries that hurt him in that department

His 3 first seasons in Ottawa have been fairly productive (~o.70 PPG all 3 years) but it could have even been better with better endurance and avoiding injuries. This year and last have been plagued by constant injuries; hard to find a solution about it, only luck could get him out of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad