WJC: predictions (will be held in the summer)

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
Well so far Finland. USA, Czechia have impressed. Not really impressed by Canada against the latvians, lots of help from the refs for the canadian boys.

Regarding Sweden, just look how awful we where against the Swiss, we are not beating Germany and USA.
1660205479936.png

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Sorry mate - your team was gutted this year. Not the fault of anyone except those who didn’t attend.
It was Slovakia’s B team and it showed. However, you can’t throw the baby out with the bathwater. The Slovakian program is making huge strides and the real irony of this is that just fell victim to their own success; their players are so highly coveted by the NHL that it just cost them several key players.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
In what world is Sweden better than Germany? In the land with fairytales, goblins and unicorns?
Sweden is better than Latvia. Your posting was funny at first, but now when you say thinga like how Austria is better than Sweden.. its kinda irtitating since you and me both know its not true. Same with Germany.

Reactions: Shocker

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
so qfs will be

Canada - Switzerland
Sweden - Latvia
USA - Czechia
Finland - Germany

Canada, Finland and Latvia should win. USA - Czechs is 50-50

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
so qfs will be

Canada - Switzerland
Sweden - Latvia
USA - Czechia
Finland - Germany

Canada, Finland and Latvia should win. USA - Czechs is 50-50
The U.S. owns Czechia. It might be close but the U.S. will win. Having said that, I would love an upset in any game but Canada-Swiss.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Czechia looked great against Canada and Finland.
Czechia gave up nearly 60 shots to Canada. Only the goaltending kept that one from getting ridiculous. I think the US is far too deep for the Czechs and this should be a routine victory.

This will not be the year of the upset in the QF.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
My bold prediction... The QF will suck. 4 blowouts incoming
You guys need to generate some quality shots, that U.S goalie is so ripe to be plucked. Then dig in defensively as best you can balls out and hope you can keep their scoring to no more then 3 goals.

You never know what can happen with what looks to be really, really shaky U.S goaltending,I mean the guy couldn't even handle the puck behind the net last game, if Sweden had only been able to get at least some decent shots on him fairly consistently, as it was they only won 3-2.Make sure to take advantage because this opportunity doesn't present itself with the U.S very often.

Good luck.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
I really liked how Germany played vs Sweden to end the preliminary round. Though I don’t think they’ll beat Finland, I think Germany will actually be a tough out and keep this one close.

Reactions: jj cale

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Watch the Latvians outplay the Swedes but lose because the Swedes can score but the Latvians can't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad