WJC: predictions (will be held in the summer)

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
That’s an interesting counter point. However, Sweden has been a perimeter team and Merilainen’s weakness has been players hammering rebounds in, so he may not have a problem today. Should be a fascinating special teams match-up, though I feel that Finland has been the better 5 on 5 team. I’m still sticking with my Finland prediction.
PLOT TWIST: Jatkola starting against Sweden!

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
What's your scouting report on Juha Jatkola?
Svedu and I really went at it over Finland’s goaltending choices. I was defending Merilainen and dug into the pre-tourney games to prove my point, which he was clearly not a fan of. Lol. What I did discover, however, is that though Jatkola struggled mightily in the Slovakia game, he was actually the guy that stood on his head to beat the US in the pre-tournament game. Maybe the coaches are remembering that game and playing their hunch.

Has this move officially been announced or are we going off the fact the IIHF is listing Jatkola first on the lineup sheet? That info has been incorrect before.

Reactions: Jukurit

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Svedu and I really went at it over Finland’s goaltending choices. I was defending Merilainen and dug into the pre-tourney games to prove my point, which he was clearly not a fan of. Lol. What I did discover, however, is that though Jatkola struggled mightily in the Slovakia game, he was actually the guy that stood on his head to beat the US in the pre-tournament game. Maybe the coaches are remembering that game and playing their hunch.

Has this move officially been announced or are we going off the fact the IIHF is listing Jatkola first on the lineup sheet? That info has been incorrect before.
It's on official Finnish website. link

Reactions: Statsy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad