WJC: predictions (will be held in the summer)

Leafs98

Sep 26, 2007
No use in predicting those 3. Throw in Sweden and as always will come down to IIHF reffing and who gets the timely power plays including a 5 on 3 when it matters. Yes lets not forget the refs.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Canada looks terrific - on paper.
I'm not so sure about that, the defense(which I didn;t think was great by our standards to begin with) lost their two best guys in Power and Guhle and the forwards that have been announced seem to contain too many 2 way energy limited skill types for my liking.

If it's true that Mctavish is indeed playing that's good news.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I'm not so sure about that, the defense(which I didn;t think was great by our standards to begin with) lost their two best guys in Power and Guhle and the forwards that have been announced seem to contain too many 2 way energy limited skill types for my liking.

If it's true that Mctavish is indeed playing that's good news.
Let me rephrase...

"Canada looks terrific considering how many high quality players we've lost."

Better?

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I suppose that's more accurate.
Actually, I think the team is terrific even with the players we're missing, JJ...

(* quoting NA Hockey *)...

K. Johnson
C. Bedard
M McTavish
L. Stankhoven
W. Cuylle
E. Desnoyers
J. Sourdif
R. Greig
T. Foerster
B. Otthman
J. Roy
N. Gaucher

All had terrific years and the D's not bad -

Zellweger
Cormier
Lambos
O'Rourke

Try and be more optimistic. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: jj cale

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Actually, I think the team is terrific even with the players we're missing, JJ...

K. Johnson
C. Bedard
M McTavish
L. Stankhoven
W. Cuylle
E. Desnoyers
J. Sourdif
R. Greig
T. Foerster
B. Otthman
J. Roy
N. Gaucher

All had terrific years and the D's not bad. You need to be more optimistic.
I"m still optimistic, I just think it's not a dom perignon year for us talent wise.

It's still Canada though, of course they will be a tough out.

jasonr90

Jun 11, 2014
Maine, USA
Gold- USA (homer vote)
Silver- Canada, though obv a big gold contender. Especially if mctavish is playing
Bronze- real tough to pick between Sweden and Finland but I’ll go Sweden

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I"m still optimistic, I just think it's not a dom perignon year for us talent wise.

It's still Canada though, of course they will be a tough out.
Will the 2023 draft be a "dom perignon year"?

Last edited:

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Will the 2003 draft be a "dom perignon year"?
this upcoming draft? It sure looks strong right now, a lot can change between now and draft day though, and a lot of these players I don't get to see much so it's tough to make a personal call on how I feel about those guys.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
this upcoming draft? It sure looks strong right now, a lot can change between now and draft day though, and a lot of these players I don't get to see much so it's tough to make a personal call on how I feel about those guys.
The "2003" was a typo - should have been 2023. My bad. :)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I’d expect a big flameout from the American team. I think this is easily the weakest team we’ll have fielded in a long time.

Gold: Canada
Silver: Finland
Bronze: Sweden

Reactions: kp61c

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
So it seems that Finland is the only one without missing players. (Other than Joel Blomqvist, but that's a different story)

illone84

Sep 15, 2005
London
I don't really care who wins, just blessed to be able to watch quality hockey in the summer since I don't really watch other sports, with the exception of world cup/euro cup footie. That being said, it's Canada's to lose but most likely either Fin or Swe in final vs Usa or Canada.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I don't really care who wins, just blessed to be able to watch quality hockey in the summer since I don't really watch other sports, with the exception of world cup/euro cup footie. That being said, it's Canada's to lose but most likely either Fin or Swe in final vs Usa or Canada.
:thumbu:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad