Predict the Lottery!

Status
Not open for further replies.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Why? They were battling for a playoff spot and still were sellers at the deadline. Seems stupid to reward them for throwing in the towel.

It’s because they’ve been a good team for a long time but just never seem to get anywhere in the playoffs. Then, Washington and San Jose are teams that deserve to win a Cup soon.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
If the Islanders somehow get the first overall pick or even a top 3 pick from the Calgary pick it's going to be an epic shit show on the Flames board.

Ran the simulator just once:

1) Montreal(God I hope not)
2) Islanders with Flames pick(haha)
3) Flyers with Blues pick(yikes)

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
In no order, I think top 3 will be some combination of Edmonton, Chicago, Detroit (probably 2 of them) and 1 of Arizona and Buffalo.

I'd like to see Ottawa, Calgary's pick, and Carolina in the top 3 though.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I don't think there would be the "melt down" people imagine if the Oilers win.

The only downside is HF Oiler fans bragging uncontrollably and declaring Dahlin the best D of all time before he's even played. No doubt this will be followed by the assumption they are cup favorites again.

Really, we are talking about a lot of sad comedy.

I'd like to see the Red Wings and Habs do well. Beyond that I don't care.

Reactions: PunkRockLocke

TheBrew

Mar 9, 2003

The only downside is HF Oiler fans bragging uncontrollably and declaring Dahlin the best D of all time before he's even played. No doubt this will be followed by the assumption they are cup favorites again.

Really, we are talking about a lot of sad.
That would be a nice break from all the Matthews is generational threads.

Reactions: Riseonfire

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013

Really, we are talking about a lot of sad comedy.

I'd like to see the Red Wings and Habs do well. Beyond that I don't care.
Trust me, this place will melt if the Oilers do get another first OA. It will be utterly ridiculous and they should have to forfeit said pick

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
That would be a nice break from all the Matthews is generational threads.
Is there such a thread? I know you were trying to be funny but failed badly.

Amusing how fans always complain about Leaf threads overlooking that most of them started by Western Canadian fans.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
As long as Edmonton doesn't have the chance to ruin Dahlins career before it gets started, I'd wanna see one of Montreal Vancouver or Arizona draft Dahlin. Even the Islanders would be interesting, as Dahlin is hyped up to be a high end D like Karlsson esq. it would be wild to see that potent offense with a back end driver who's young and ambitious.

Dahlins best seasons will come as a member of the Oilers. Passing to McDavid/Draisaitl as opposed to Boeser/Horvat or Drouin/Gallagher or Domi/Keller. Good one.

TheBrew

Mar 9, 2003
Is there such a thread? I know you were trying to be funny but failed badly.

Amusing how fans always complain about Leaf threads overlooking that most of them started by Western Canadian fans.
Ahhh shucks, you got me. Your joke was funnier.

pomx

May 15, 2014
1. Chicago (Betman’s golden egg)
2. Buffalo
3. Oilers
4. Arizona
5. Ottawa
6. Vancouver

Hasek

Jan 2, 2013
Is it possible to bet on this anywhere?
I want to put my life savings on:
1) EDM
4) BUF

CanuckGame39

Oct 13, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
We all know who's winning

Oilers fans on draft lottery day be like
c02.gif

Reactions: ViktorBaeArvidsson

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Scary defense right there if it becomes a reality. Even without Dahlin the Stars blue line looks like it'll be really good.

Yeah even without Dahlin, I’m pretty pumped about the state of our D group. Lots of mobility, puck movement and potential point production, especially if Gavin Bayreuther continues to progress and can take that 3rd pairing LHD spot at some point soon.

Reminds me of a certain team :naughty:

Reactions: ViktorBaeArvidsson

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I'm on the mindset that the lottery is rigged, no matter what is said, and I just can't see NHL not trying to fix a big market team like the Habs. Think they take the 1st or 2nd. with Buffalo getting whichever they don't end up with. I think it'll be another year or 2 before Rangers get a top 2 pick.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Not you, apparently. But the rest of HF will care. Although you're getting a little worked up over it, so don't worry too much

You have quite an imagination.

Yeah some guys will freak out with "OMG they won again, how do we fix the lottery?" but I suspect it would only be fans of rivals and the teams that lost out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad