Predict the Lottery!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anton Hipchekhov

Sep 30, 2017
Results:
  • Canucks - for symmetry if nothing else as one Swedish core retires and a new one begins with Dahlin & Petterson
  • Sabres - echoes of the McDavid draft
  • Red Wings - since they never draft so low

Klaus3154

Apr 22, 2018
New York
1 Red Wings
2 Buffalo
3 Vancouver

Very interested to see what Ottawa does with their pick. If they fall to 4-6 do they give the Avs the pick not wanting to risk winning the lottery next year and possibly giving up a 1 or 2

Last edited:

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Hopefully it’s
Buffalo, Arizona, and Vancouver teams that need younger talent but it’s going to be Chicago, Edmonton, and Florida those teams that always win the lottery since Colorado and Pittsburgh are ineligible this time

Reactions: clunk

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

They post a video of the actual lottery drawing every year. It's no different from any state lottery telecast, and there appears to be no opportunity to rig it, given the camera angle used and the length of the video.

If that's not evidence enough, then I don't know what to tell you.

-------

Anyway, knowing my luck, the results will be:

1 NY Rangers (+7)
2 NY Islanders (CGY, +10)
3 St. Louis (+11)
4 Buffalo
5 Ottawa
6 Arizona
7 Montreal
8 Detroit
9 Vancouver
10 Chicago
11 Edmonton
12 NY Islanders
13 Carolina
14 Dallas
15 Florida

Reactions: Alves

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
All I know is that Detroit isn’t in the top three and Chicago and Edmonton end up in the top three.

Positive about that.

John Matthews

Dec 4, 2017
On a computer
I wanna see if anyone could get this right. The odds are probably impossible, but it would be insane if someone got it right. Also, if National Hockey League talk is the wrong place to post this on, my apologizes.

I'll go ahead w/ my projections

1. Chicago Blackhawks +6
2. Montreal Canadians +2
3. Ottawa Senators -1
4. Buffalo Sabres -3
5. Arizona Coyotes -2
6. Detroit Red Wings -1
7. Vancouver Canucks -1
8. New York Rangers
9. Edmonton Oilers
10. New York Islanders
11. Carolina Hurricanes
12. (CGY) New York Islanders
13. Dallas Stars
14. (STL) Philadelphia Flyers
15. Florida Panthers

I just think the Hawks are gonna get awarded for their bad season, and will get Dahlin (Although w/ Crawford I think they probably would've been an wild-card team), and Buffalo will be screwed by the lottery once again, but not just dropping 1 spot, but dropping 3 spots. Also, the Habs will move up 2 spots to be able to select Svechnikov, while the Sens move down 1 spot, but will be able to take Zadina. Those are my predictions!

As long as Edmonton doesn't have the chance to ruin Dahlins career before it gets started, I'd wanna see one of Montreal Vancouver or Arizona draft Dahlin. Even the Islanders would be interesting, as Dahlin is hyped up to be a high end D like Karlsson esq. it would be wild to see that potent offense with a back end driver who's young and ambitious.

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
Legit wouldn't be surprised if the Edmonton Oilers got one of the spots. It's been awhile.

Dark horse Chicago Blackhawks.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
I have it on good authority that this will happen. aka first roll
OcrMZru.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad