Pre-Game Talk: Pre-season hockey thread

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
It's September. Less than a month now until our first preseason game. Even less than that until we open camp. This summer had better get interesting in a hurry because it's almost over.

*trades Lindholm and signs Rakell 4x4.5M*

photo.php

PrototypeX85

Jan 18, 2011
I'm as happy about our players being in the World Cup as the next person, but I'm getting tired of seeing these ScoreMobile notifications and getting excited for no reason when I find out that it has nothing to do with the Ducks actually improving.

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
Freddy Andersen already hurt before he starts playing in TML hurt today playing for Denmark in a Olympics warm up game

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I'm as happy about our players being in the World Cup as the next person, but I'm getting tired of seeing these ScoreMobile notifications and getting excited for no reason when I find out that it has nothing to do with the Ducks actually improving.

Maybe getting Perry and Getzlaf training earlier will improve the team.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Ah ****. All our players are going to be worn out down the stretch and come playoff time. Do we have any key guys that aren't going anymore? Outside of Fowler who is likely dealt I think every one of our best players are going to that **** show of an excuse for a World Cup.

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
Ah ****. All our players are going to be worn out down the stretch and come playoff time. Do we have any key guys that aren't going anymore? Outside of Fowler who is likely dealt I think every one of our best players are going to that **** show of an excuse for a World Cup.
Would not have made the difference...

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Eight now right? Getzlaf, Perry, Kesler, Vatanen, Gibson, Lindholm, Silfverberg, Rakell

I think that's likely the max, maybe Fowler could get in if something goes terrible wrong for team USA but I don't see any more Ducks playing in this tournament.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I think that's likely the max, maybe Fowler could get in if something goes terrible wrong for team USA but I don't see any more Ducks playing in this tournament.

Yeah I would think Fowler would be one of the next guys in line if Team USA goes down a Dman or two. Otherwise I don't see any other candidates, which is great because 8 or 9 is more than enough.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Petersson scored again, video here. Sochi lost 3-1 to Torpedo, 2-2-1 record in the first 5 games.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
So i went to the Germany -Latvia game in Rīga. Fantastic atmosphere as always in Rīga. We lost. Holzer and Germany advanced, i think they got their go ahead goal on an unnecesary penalty but oh well... Was wearing my Mighty Ducks hat with pride as my Latvian T-shirt

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Petersson scored again, video here. Sochi lost 3-1 to Torpedo, 2-2-1 record in the first 5 games.

I don't have stats handy but it seems like Petterson's been having a very strong start to his year. Have you, or anyone else for that matter, been watching him that can comment on his play?

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
I don't have stats handy but it seems like Petterson's been having a very strong start to his year. Have you, or anyone else for that matter, been watching him that can comment on his play?

Unfortunately no, I haven't been able to watch his games yet. I've seen a few videos of his play, but that's basically my entire input. You can find his KHL stat sheet here.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
The rookie camp ends on 9/21, and our first preseason game is on 9/27. So I feel safe in assuming that training camp starts somewhere in there. But, teams don't start bing eliminated from the World Cup (from what I saw at a quick glance) until 9/22, and it doesn't end until 10/1. It's plausible that some of our best players will miss as much as half of training camp with a new coach.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
The rookie camp ends on 9/21, and our first preseason game is on 9/27. So I feel safe in assuming that training camp starts somewhere in there. But, teams don't start bing eliminated from the World Cup (from what I saw at a quick glance) until 9/22, and it doesn't end until 10/1. It's plausible that some of our best players will miss as much as half of training camp with a new coach.

The real reason Getzlaf was ok with RC coming back.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Goaltender Antoine Samuel has apparently been invited to the Ducks prospect camp. This comes from a twitter source -- I have no idea whether this is credible or not, but it has convinced Caley and some other main board posters. Very surprised we weren't in on Sawchenko, given our poor goalie prospect pool.

I know of three goalies who are going to NHL camps.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad