GDT: pre-season games - Winning streak does not not end today - 5 PM PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I usually stick to the "preseason doesn't matter" line pretty strictly, but it is a battle to not get depressed about what kind of offense this team can bring on a regular basis.

Hard to stick to the preseason doesn't matter narrative when an NHL roster is struggling to look dangerous against an AHL/NHL hybrid roster.

As I typed this Jakob scored lol.

Oct 18, 2011
I usually stick to the "preseason doesn't matter" line pretty strictly, but it is a battle to not get depressed about what kind of offense this team can bring on a regular basis.

and this team lead the league in GA last year, how likely is that to happen again?

Oct 18, 2011
There will be a lot of pressure on the defense. Still, I'm not nearly as worried about our defense as I am scoring enough goals. Can they get more than 2 per game? I think the D can keep the goals down in the low 2s.

the margin for error is going to be smaller that is for sure, i will remain pessimistic until we see proof that carlyle has evolved his system. i don't see how our bottom 2 lines will generate alot of shots, and we'll be counting on the kesler line even more this year for offense probably

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Bernier might honestly be our best pick up. He looks really solid.

I mentioned when we picked him up that his history as a starter with numerous games place was essential because eventually Gibson will go down and our backup will be leaned on heavily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln