GDT: pre-season games - Winning streak does not not end today - 5 PM PT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I don't think Sorensen made much of a case for himself tonight. He looked bad on the first goal. I didn't notice Larsson at all, which I guess could be good. Ritchie had his moments here and there.

Bernier was great. Silf came on and was great at the end, he looked good with Vermette. Despres was bad, Sami was bad. Bieksa was himself. The fourth line seemed to spend its shifts in its own zone. Our pass completion rate overall was like 10%.

I liked that there was SOME physical pushback tonight. The Sharkacudas were itching to injure someone and I think even Boudreau would have run out of cheeks to turn in this game.

Oct 18, 2011
ritchie-getzlaf-perry
cogs-kesler-silf

the rest i have no ****ing clue about, these are the only lines that make sense

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
Ritchie looks much better - not just from a physical fitness standpoint - he looked pretty comfortable with Perry and Getzlaf there, like he actually understood where he's supposed to go and what the other players on the ice want to do.

Captain Butthead getting the OT blind drop pass out of his system ... i hope.

Bernier looks solid, not sure what Toronto fans are smoking. They made it sound like he was worse than Dan Ellis.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
I don't think Sorensen made much of a case for himself tonight. He looked bad on the first goal. I didn't notice Larsson at all, which I guess could be good. Ritchie had his moments here and there.

Bernier was great. Silf came on and was great at the end, he looked good with Vermette. Despres was bad, Sami was bad. Bieksa was himself. The fourth line seemed to spend its shifts in its own zone. Our pass completion rate overall was like 10%.

I liked that there was SOME physical pushback tonight. The Sharkacudas were itching to injure someone and I think even Boudreau would have run out of cheeks to turn in this game.

Same thoughts. Didn't notice Larsson either but wasn't really paying attention.

ritchie-getzlaf-perry
cogs-kesler-silf

the rest i have no ****ing clue about, these are the only lines that make sense

Rakell-Vermette-??
Garbutt-Wagner-??

Where did all the depth go? Having Pirri would be nice. With BB gone, you think Selanne wants to come back? :D

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
We were outplayed by the sharks B team.

Sorensen didn't impress me at all. Despres was the worst player on the ice, for either team. He has no confidence and shouldn't be in the lineup.

Bernier was really good.

Fowler was our best player, by far.

Larsson played like a 19 year old, a bunch of 'i trust you more than I trust myself' plays.

Vermette was as advertised, I'm happy with that signing.

Ritchie was not a threat offensively, but the fight was the highlight of the night.

The team played like a bunch of guys who just met each other this morning, and it's clear we are two or three forwards short of doing anything.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
We were outplayed by the sharks B team.

Sorensen didn't impress me at all. Despres was the worst player on the ice, for either team. He has no confidence and shouldn't be in the lineup.

Bernier was really good.

Fowler was our best player, by far.

Larsson played like a 19 year old, a bunch of 'i trust you more than I trust myself' plays.

Vermette was as advertised, I'm happy with that signing.

Ritchie was not a threat offensively, but the fight was the highlight of the night.

The team played like a bunch of guys who just met each other this morning, and it's clear we are two or three forwards short of doing anything.
I really think there was too much of a focus on the mid-season form aspect of the players who played in the WCOH as benefit. The downside is this team has hardly played together, and with a new coach on top of that.

Lyons71

Jun 27, 2003
Fullerton, CA
Visit site
Despres really struggled out there.

Ritchie looks better. Not like a great player, but he can fill a maroon like role I think.

Most the team looks really bad. This is going to be a long season. I cannot see the ducks making the playoffs at all.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
So what was the issue with Despres? What's his deal on the ice right now?

And is Vatanen still looking like he did at the World Cup?

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Didn't get to watch the game. Any noteworthy performances?

My thoughts:

Best player on the ice was Bernier.

Our best skaters were Fowler and Silfverberg. Cogs would be 3rd.

Sorensen should not be in the NHL. Looks like he could be a good player, but his time is not now.

Our defense was complete ass with the exception of Fowler. Vatanen, Despres, and Bieksa were just ****ing terrible.

Manson and Larsson weren't very good either. I think Cam made Josh look better than he was most of the night. Larsson is a very smart hockey player, but I don't think he's ready. He played with Bieksa a lot though, and Bieksa was terrible.

This is my first time seeing Boll in a Duck uniform, and he was actually much better than I thought he'd be after hearing some of the comments this preseason. I still hate that signing, but I actually thought he outplayed Garbutt and Wagner. They did nothing. Boll at least tried to be physical.

Getz was Getz. Dominate at times, and then went full ******** on others.

Perry seemed like he was just ready for tonight to end.

Vermette was solid. Just does a lot of the "little things" well. I thought the line of him, Silf, and Cogs were the best trio.

Raymond was okay. Used his speed a few times, but he's a pretty "meh" player.

Two final thoughts:
The defense is going to struggle as is. Based on what I've seen; Murray shouldn't even consider trading Fowler.

Depth is going to kill us. It's a joke that we may ice all of the following opening night: Sorensen, Raymond, and Boll. There's justification for one of those 3, but that shows just how God awful our depth is.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU

To me, Despres looked lost without the puck and not confident with it. He wore #6, and before I figured out who it was I assumed it was an AHLer that we were using as a warm body.

Vatanen was not impressive at all. Against the team the Sharks iced tonight, I expected way more.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
My thoughts:

Best player on the ice was Bernier.

Our best skaters were Fowler and Silfverberg. Cogs would be 3rd.

Sorensen should not be in the NHL. Looks like he could be a good player, but his time is not now.

Our defense was complete ass with the exception of Fowler. Vatanen, Despres, and Bieksa were just ****ing terrible.

Manson and Larsson weren't very good either. I think Cam made Josh look better than he was most of the night. Larsson is a very smart hockey player, but I don't think he's ready. He played with Bieksa a lot though, and Bieksa was terrible.

This is my first time seeing Boll in a Duck uniform, and he was actually much better than I thought he'd be after hearing some of the comments this preseason. I still hate that signing, but I actually thought he outplayed Garbutt and Wagner. They did nothing. Boll at least tried to be physical.

Getz was Getz. Dominate at times, and then went full ******** on others.

Perry seemed like he was just ready for tonight to end.

Vermette was solid. Just does a lot of the "little things" well. I thought the line of him, Silf, and Cogs were the best trio.

Raymond was okay. Used his speed a few times, but he's a pretty "meh" player.

Two final thoughts:
The defense is going to struggle as is. Based on what I've seen; Murray shouldn't even consider trading Fowler.

Depth is going to kill us. It's a joke that we may ice all of the following opening night: Sorensen, Raymond, and Boll. There's justification for one of those 3, but that shows just how God awful our depth is.

Appreciate it. Some of that is encouraging.

Some of it isn't. :(

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA

Despres looks lost in the scheme, a little slow with his decision making, and is substandard with his passing and stick handling. You saw the playoffs?

Vatanen looks like World Cup Vatanen.

Papaspud

Vatman
Dec 19, 2008
To the rescue
Despres looks lost in the scheme, a little slow with his decision making, and is substandard with his passing and stick handling. You saw the playoffs?

Vatanen looks like World Cup Vatanen.

All the symptoms you are describing sure make it sound like he's still in a post concussive fog...and has no business dressing for games. Since he's already admitted to downplaying his injuries last season, so he could play in the Postseason, his word about how he's feeling/doing shouldn't be relied upon in the slightest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad