GDT: pre-season games - Winning streak does not not end today - 5 PM PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Man whatever Sorensen showed in the other games is completely lacking tonight. He's obviously decent defensively, but looks like a kid who is clearly not ready for the NHL imo.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Kesler has all these AHL plugs pissed off. :laugh:

Good on Manson for stepping in. Boll better do his job at some point in this game.

Bieksa casually striding across the blue line as the goal is scored. :shakehead

Papaspud

Vatman
Dec 19, 2008
To the rescue
Kelly with a smart move of goading Kesbae into a fight while there was one already in progress. Sharks lose Kelly for the night...no big deal. We lose Kes for the night...bigger deal.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Duck Knight

Feb 6, 2012
This PP unit is never going to work. Silf doesn't have the hands in tight spaces to play in the middle of the umbrella. There's also no legitimate shooting threat if Perry is going to be parked in front of the net other than Vats. Getzlaf and Fowler on the walls are useless and they're really susceptible to odd man rushes when they are turning the puck over like they have so far tonight.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
This PP unit is never going to work. Silf doesn't have the hands in tight spaces to play in the middle of the umbrella. There's also no legitimate shooting threat if Perry is going to be parked in front of the net other than Vats. Getzlaf and Fowler on the walls are useless and they're really susceptible to odd man rushes when they are turning the puck over like they have so far tonight.
Ritchie should be in front of the net playing the Penner role. Right now there are only people off to the side with the center behind the goal line. I hope that's not how they're drawing the plays up.

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
Kes wanted to leave early so he could watch the debate.

20 mins and I already loathe this roster.

The Duck Knight

Feb 6, 2012
Ritchie should be in front of the net playing the Penner role. Right now there are only people off to the side with the center behind the goal line. I hope that's not how they're drawing the plays up.

I agree. Ritchie should be up front with the Twins and have Silf/Sorensen with Kesler and Vermette on the 2nd unit. The umbrella needs to go though unless Getzlaf and Fowler become more willing to shoot.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Bieksa sucks in any offensive situation. Why he's on the PP is beyond me. He kills any kind ooffense when he touches the puck.

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
Hate for bieksa rekindled after just 30 min of watching. I get the feeling I'm going to be hate watching a lot this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad