GDT: pre-season games - Winning streak does not not end today - 5 PM PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Man, can you imagine if Bernier ends up taking the #1 spot from Gibson? Glad we finally got a win, even if it means nothing, I have to imagine it's a weight of a few of players shoulders.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Cramberry dangled on Heed, by the way, former Ducks prospect.

And Boll fought a 5`10 guy, chill out

Markus078

Feb 26, 2003
Austria
Visit site
Man, can you imagine if Bernier ends up taking the #1 spot from Gibson? Glad we finally got a win, even if it means nothing, I have to imagine it's a weight of a few of players shoulders.

Bernier is a good goalie, in the right environment he can be really good. If he can bounce back we are for sure not weaker than last year. I think this will be a hard battle for John and that is good!

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
We really need Rakell signed. That forward lineup is basically our opening day lineup and it's awful. We don't have the depth to split Getzlaf and Perry and Silfverberg shouldn't be anywhere near the top PP unit.

Seeing a guy like Cramarossa still up reminds me of back in the last days of Carlyle where there would always be one random AHLer with a bit of grit and defensive acumen that he took a shining to.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Nice to see Crammer still up. Guy can fight, be gritty and i think he killed penelaties a lot in SD. The dangle was nice, I hope Heeds ankles are ok after that :laugh: But i wouldn`t expect much of it in the actual NHL from Crammer.

What`s up with Laganiere?

Fingers crossed Sorensen works out for us and himself.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Agh I missed that. I heard he looked good early on but I guess not good enough. On paper his skills are really good just not at the NHL level still

Laganiere doesn't even have an NHL contract (signed an AHL deal with the Gulls), so this was to be expected. Laganiere, along with Jaycob Megna, was one of San Diego's biggest positive surprises last year, so I wouldn't completely write him off as a prospect yet. It's just that he's 26 already, so time is running out for him IMO.

Who knew Crazy-Crammer could pull off moves like THAT? :laugh: That looked like something a guy like Rakell would attempt, attaboy Crammer!

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Ritchie-Getzlaf-Silfverberg
Cogliano-Kesler-Sorensen
Raymond-Vermette-Perry
Garbutt/Cramarossa-Wagner/Sgarbossa-Boll

Fowler-Manson
Despres-Bieksa
Larsson-Vatanen
Stoner-Holzer

Poor Perry

Pennaduck

Aug 17, 2016
Pennsylvania
Cogliano-Kesler-Sorensen
Raymond-Vermette-Perry

Fowler-Manson
Despres-Bieksa
Larsson-Vatanen
Stoner-Holzer

Poor Perry

I was thinking the same thing when I saw those lines posted. Although in fairness, that line would look much better with Rakell instead of Raymond, which is what you'd expect would happen once he is signed and healthy

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I was thinking the same thing when I saw those lines posted. Although in fairness, that line would look much better with Rakell instead of Raymond, which is what you'd expect would happen once he is signed and healthy

Ya know, Vermette and Rakell put up about the same amount of points. And Vermette can win a face-off. It's not the end of the world. The "poor" guy in this scenario is Getz, who has to carry a rookie and a part-time black hole in Silf.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Ya know, Vermette and Rakell put up about the same amount of points. And Vermette can win a face-off. It's not the end of the world. The "poor" guy in this scenario is Getz, who has to carry a rookie and a part-time black hole in Silf.

Yeah, that first line on paper is brutal. I don't think we have the depth to split Getzlaf and Perry right now.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
If Getzlaf keeps playing like he did at the world cup he'll be able to shoulder that load. Dude somehow managed to be over a point per game playing between DSP and Bork after all. Really drives home how necessary Rakell is in that lineup though.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Cogliano-Kesler-Sorensen
Raymond-Vermette-Perry

Fowler-Manson
Despres-Bieksa
Larsson-Vatanen
Stoner-Holzer

Poor Perry

I can see some merits to the forward lines, but I can see some big downfalls as well. First line could be good, if Getz can carry Ritchie enough and just let Silf be the main force of offensive for that line, I can see Silf having a career year. Second line worries me, not sure if putting a rookie on a shutdown line is the best thing. Third line has potential, just replace Raymond with Rakell (or swap Rakell and Ritchie?). Few teams could match that kind of scoring depth. 4th line is what it is, a grinding line.

Defense I'm not sure on really. Looks real bad without Lindholm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad