PPM #13 - Basketball is LIVE! Sign Up Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tujague

Feb 13, 2005
Lost 1-0 in the CWC Final, at home, with 75% win odds.

:shakehead:deadhorse:nopity::madfire:

Edit: Left out the part where he is 160s OTS and I'm 200s. Ya. That happened.

OMG!

You jerk. When you beat me, you're supposed to win the damn thing.

I took home third 4-1.

Edit:Obryantj also lost in the finals if the CHL. Damn, guys.

Last edited:

tujague

Feb 13, 2005
PPM's GE is the jerk here, don't blame me! 75% odds man, 75% odds! He scored on his only damn shot! PISS OFF!

:laugh: I'm sorry. I know how a bad beat can piss you off.

What were the odds for our game? I meant to run that before the game, but it slipped my mind.

Oh ****. I just looked at your match report. That's ****ed. Dude scores on his one and only shot from a FK in the first minute!

Oh **** part 2. That ****er has been saving this lineup for this game. His OTS is up to 178!

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
:laugh: I'm sorry. I know how a bad beat can piss you off.

What were the odds for our game? I meant to run that before the game, but it slipped my mind.

Oh ****. I just looked at your match report. That's ****ed. Dude scores on his one and only shot from a FK in the first minute!

Oh **** part 2. That ****er has been saving this lineup for this game. His OTS is up to 178!

Didn't see that last bit. Doesn't matter, I fielded the best I had. You'd think with two forwards at or above and 80 IGR I'd be able to convert on at least one of my 13 shot attempts. Gah. Well, this makes it clear to me - my next upgrade is needed at GK.

My best is a 38 IGR by the guy who played today but he is old and of poor CL. In fact, his attributes are worse than my younger guy who has a 36 IGR due to his less EXP.

Next season the 24yo will get the bulk of the playing time.

So, if you see any stud GKs on the market let me know. Also, next season will be tougher since the ChL is harder than the CWC - I suspect that I won't finish 2nd next year due to the increased energy burden on my top-11.

Bulls4ever

Mar 17, 2014
so for those who asked to take a few days to think better .. here is the result ....

I dont feel PPM is a place for me anymore
for the past year i have been begging people to help making Outside stop his provocations. May be fun for him, but it is not for me.

While i enjoy challenge people and being challenged, once one asks me to stop as he/she is not appreciating i stop. and that has happened.
i believe forums is to be a place to enjoy ourselves and not to get stressed out. Obviously it seems nobody (moderation/chief developer/ who-else) cares that someone is playing the game unhappy while nothing is being done to help.

Most recently i have heard two key ppm guys involved in the problem dropping the ball and not taking ownership of the problem. Its been acted as" just ignore it and pretend it does not exist so i dont have to deal with. while it works for PPM it does not for me as it took my joy away.

some complained that my provocations back were "annoying them" so in their respect i stopped so they could enjoy the forum the best way they could. Moderator asked me to ignore with the false promise that Outsider wold be punished.

so far what i see is:
1. moderator happy as since i ignore, he does not have to deal with the issue
2. Outsider happy as he can continue to bully
3. PPM still earning some money
4. Forum members happy as there is no argument
4. Bulls being unhappy.

I find that leaving the game will make everybody happy. Outsider will just need to find someone else to bully as i am sure he will (in fact i am pretty sure who his next target will be since he started already).

Leaving the game wont be easy as I truly enjoyed having some team work with many of you guys and have made many friends in my task to motivate managers to stay in the game.

there is no win situation for me.

I enjoyed working with Cory, Lanky and Caps in the national teams. Enjoyed helping MrOrange testing his awesome application. enjoyed working with many people testing and ingesting players to the NT database. enjoyed working with new teams and feel like great accomplishment as they found motivation to continue playing the game.

while I have been "tough" on Vlad on occasions, I do agree with him that PPM is one of the best games regarding of having owners listening to users. Not always they accomplish it well, but they sure try to accommodate requests while still trying to find ways to profit. I really appreciate his efforts and I have nothing against him at all.

I do appreciate Canucks for his hard work to try to make things interesting.

Truth is ... Outsider annoyed me to a point nothing else mattered as he accomplished his goal and ride me out of PPM as I lost joy and trust on moderators.

I should have known it better since they all talk bad things about Outsider but after almost 5 years he is still there playing and being being banned once for 1 day prior to our joint bans. and to add to the fact, he was even named moderator even when he was known to be a problem ...

with that said, i cant believe in another promise that will likely be another false promise. tried to accommodate everybody wishes/desires but fact is at the end nothing was done to help me as i was left to believe it would happen case Outsider continued his provocations.

Just tired and not worth the effort anymore. and dont want to lose friendships over this issue.

so.. sadly, it is time to turn off the lights and move my franchise to a different place.

tujague

Feb 13, 2005
So, if you see any stud GKs on the market let me know. Also, next season will be tougher since the ChL is harder than the CWC - I suspect that I won't finish 2nd next year due to the increased energy burden on my top-11.

Good luck finding a stud goalie. Zomg has been searching for one for a while now. Apparently he's been kicking out a lot of money and still comes up short.

How much exp does Byrne have? 24yo and 1756or is pretty good. Oh, Nevermind. I have him scouted. Yeah, that is low. My backup, Hosszu, only has 68exp and 1648or and he gets a 37igr with 95 energy and 53chem.

As far as the ChL next season, I'm not sure what to do. I'd kinda like to have two regular seasons in a row in third place. I'm tired of bouncing up and down the standings. But I'll have to see what the competition is like before I decide where to focus the energies. Of course I'm making some changes to the staring lineup, so I might not be in control too much next season:help:

Speaking of losing starters. I'm currently selling a few decent players. Bid early and often:D

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
Good luck finding a stud goalie. Zomg has been searching for one for a while now. Apparently he's been kicking out a lot of money and still comes up short.

How much exp does Byrne have? 24yo and 1756or is pretty good. Oh, Nevermind. I have him scouted. Yeah, that is low. My backup, Hosszu, only has 68exp and 1648or and he gets a 37igr with 95 energy and 53chem.

As far as the ChL next season, I'm not sure what to do. I'd kinda like to have two regular seasons in a row in third place. I'm tired of bouncing up and down the standings. But I'll have to see what the competition is like before I decide where to focus the energies. Of course I'm making some changes to the staring lineup, so I might not be in control too much next season:help:

Speaking of losing starters. I'm currently selling a few decent players. Bid early and often:D

Perhaps I'll need to poach a RFA GK. I should add a bunch of good goalies on semi-active teams to my market tracking tool. It sends me an email whenever a player goes on the market, goes RFA, UFA or is marked for sale. For anyone who wishes to use it I made it available to all but it hasn't gotten PPM HQ approval yet so I can't offer it to the masses.

I back-dated the PPM Mag draft so I could share it with select people. Keep this to the HF thread please. ARTICLE CAN BE FOUND HERE.

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
Wrote a program to fetch training history data. Way easier than doing it manually. Below is my last remaining day-1 hockey player. You can see training ramp up as facilities improve and then drop off after C/L dropped. I'll keep this player until he is 0 OR so you'll see the down-swing of 0/6 OR as well.

Hockey:
gx0Nb.jpg

Soccer:
7ERuC.jpg

Handball:
OlE5p.jpg

Basketball:
RyOXh.jpg

I am hoping to use this tool to compare similar players training and tease out the fractional C/L and thus be able to predict when a player will drop.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease

Yeah, as Tujague said, good luck. I've been trying for a season and half now to get a new goalie, and I've only found one worth bidding real money on. The 800 million I had at the time wasn't enough though, and I got bid-sniped. That was like 2 months ago, and there's been absolutely nothing since. All the RFAs have been in the 1700-1800 OR range which is just not enough of an upgrade to spend any signifcant cash on. There are zero goalies in the "For Sale" section with at least 1700 OR, not even any overpriced ones.

It's been a rough market, maybe the end of the season will bring some new listings.:help:

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
Yeah, as Tujague said, good luck. I've been trying for a season and half now to get a new goalie, and I've only found one worth bidding real money on. The 800 million I had at the time wasn't enough though, and I got bid-sniped. That was like 2 months ago, and there's been absolutely nothing since. All the RFAs have been in the 1700-1800 OR range which is just not enough of an upgrade to spend any signifcant cash on. There are zero goalies in the "For Sale" section with at least 1700 OR, not even any overpriced ones.

It's been a rough market, maybe the end of the season will bring some new listings.:help:

I had a stud 21 5/6 (500 prime) come up but I was 30M shy due to tracking bids. I messaged the winner and he said his bid was the final so, if I didn't have tracking bids out, I'd have won him for ~350M.

Obryantj

Sep 7, 2010
I had a stud 21 5/6 (500 prime) come up but I was 30M shy due to tracking bids. I messaged the winner and he said his bid was the final so, if I didn't have tracking bids out, I'd have won him for ~350M.

How much experience did that player have? I have "upgrade backup goalkeeper" on my shopping list this for this off-season. It's not at the top of the list, but it is a consideration.

I haven't had the time to manage my team well this season. I'm hoping to have more time in the coming months and hopefully be able to square away some situations. I plan to start with solidifying my "B"-squad and selling the replaced players. After my camps, I'll be focusing on selling prospects who don't have a good chance of making the team long-term.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease

I think you define "stud" differently than I do. I'm looking for a National Team quality goalie, similar to my last three major purchases at CD, CM, and CF. Goalie has been by far the hardest to find on the market.

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
How much experience did that player have? I have "upgrade backup goalkeeper" on my shopping list this for this off-season. It's not at the top of the list, but it is a consideration.

I haven't had the time to manage my team well this season. I'm hoping to have more time in the coming months and hopefully be able to square away some situations. I plan to start with solidifying my "B"-squad and selling the replaced players. After my camps, I'll be focusing on selling prospects who don't have a good chance of making the team long-term.

I think in the 60s which was quite high for a 5/6 goalie. My climb to 2nd and the CWC final was due to squad depth. My top-11 only played against the top-7 league teams (14 games) the last couple NC games and the CWC semis and final... in total only about 20 games all year. That really allowed me to use energy more liberally. Problem is, next season, I'm in the ChL and there's more competition there.

I think you define "stud" differently than I do. I'm looking for a National Team quality goalie, similar to my last three major purchases at CD, CM, and CF. Goalie has been by far the hardest to find on the market.

Well, I have two "can plan now" goalies. While I lack the super-elite Czech NT goalie I have no issues throwing a 21 5/6 500-prime guy on the pitch and letting him play into his 30s :naughty:

Ha, looks like WasUpNerd got blocked again. Brilliant.

Wonder what he did now. Is he managing a NT? If so, is there an assistant?

Emerald76

May 20, 2010
Dubh Linn
I have a quick query about PPMe's remove inactive friends function.

I was looking at my profile and noticed Lubosko was removed, but he is very much active on PPM.

When I checked his profile I noticed he had recently unfriended or been unfriended by alot of managers, managers who look like they are using PPMe...

It's entirely possible that he removed us all from his friends list, but it just looks odd...

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
I have a quick query about PPMe's remove inactive friends function.

I was looking at my profile and noticed Lubosko was removed, but he is very much active on PPM.

When I checked his profile I noticed he had recently unfriended or been unfriended by alot of managers, managers who look like they are using PPMe...

It's entirely possible that he removed us all from his friends list, but it just looks odd...

That is very odd and kind of alarming! He is down to 28 friends!

Not sure how long it keeps the friend history (i.e. no longer a friend of) but I would have removed him a few weeks ago if that were the case. He may be doing it himself I'm not sure. I'll add him and see what happens.

Cory

Hockeytown
Nov 18, 2013
Michigan
Alright, I'm going to give the game engine the benefit of the doubt and test some things with tempo before I say basketball is crap, but is anyone else getting frustrated with 3-pointers? So far, it seems the game engine predetermines you'll shoot anywhere between 15-40% independent of any other factors and good luck from there.

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
Alright, I'm going to give the game engine the benefit of the doubt and test some things with tempo before I say basketball is crap, but is anyone else getting frustrated with 3-pointers? So far, it seems the game engine predetermines you'll shoot anywhere between 15-40% independent of any other factors and good luck from there.

No because I choose close-range shots and feed the ball to my C and PF. Close-range shots don't require the shooting atty, alas, no fuss! I swear that's the only reason I am winning :P

EspOrrsito

edumacated
Feb 27, 2002
B.C.
Visit site
Basketball

Scouting is now complete on John Mueller my 2nd round pick in the last draft.
I had high anticipation when I saw that he was listed at #30 in Canada and #5 in my league when he arrived from the SA.
He is 81 making him my #1 player AvQ.

I drafted Moses Francis with my # 1 draft pick and was hoping he could lead the team to the promised land but he won't be near the 81 of Mueller.

Handball

13 W and 1 L so far. If I keep this up I may make it back to League 1 where I always get pummeled to death.

Hockey

Same old results, always near the middle of the league. I'm making a lot more money these days and arena capacity is getting up there.

Emerald76

May 20, 2010
Dubh Linn
That is very odd and kind of alarming! He is down to 28 friends!

Not sure how long it keeps the friend history (i.e. no longer a friend of) but I would have removed him a few weeks ago if that were the case. He may be doing it himself I'm not sure. I'll add him and see what happens.

This appears to be a problem with PPMe...

Lubosko has accepted friend requests from me, Canucks and Mr Orange.

:amazed:

tujague

Feb 13, 2005

Three league games so far.
64 (twos) - 10 (threes)
51-13
52-23

By quarters: 15-12-8-11

By position:
PG - 11
SG - 23
SF - 6
PF - 4
C - 0

I don't see anything wrong with any if that. The game with 23 threes was odd as I won by 40. But Q distro is good. And player distro is a lot better than I expected after seeing so many complaints about Cs taking threes.

Basketball

Scouting is now complete on John Mueller my 2nd round pick in the last draft.
I had high anticipation when I saw that he was listed at #30 in Canada and #5 in my league when he arrived from the SA.
He is 81 making him my #1 player AvQ.

I drafted Moses Francis with my # 1 draft pick and was hoping he could lead the team to the promised land but he won't be near the 81 of Mueller.

81AQ in basketball? Very nice pickup this early. Up until this recent draft, my top AQ pull was 66! But the recent draft was pretty kind. Both players show up in the League Top list between 73 and 81AQ players. I don't think they'll be as good as mueller either, but I'm hoping I finally have some players that have a future:nod:

Obryantj

Sep 7, 2010
I think in the 60s which was quite high for a 5/6 goalie. My climb to 2nd and the CWC final was due to squad depth. My top-11 only played against the top-7 league teams (14 games) the last couple NC games and the CWC semis and final... in total only about 20 games all year. That really allowed me to use energy more liberally. Problem is, next season, I'm in the ChL and there's more competition there.

Well, I have two "can plan now" goalies. While I lack the super-elite Czech NT goalie I have no issues throwing a 21 5/6 500-prime guy on the pitch and letting him play into his 30s :naughty:

My current backup has similar attributes (> 500 Goa) and is 21 and 5/6, but has much lower experience. 300M+ is probably a bit more than I would like to spend for an experience upgrade. I'll probably stick with my current backup and try to get him more playing time.

I'm envisioning running a few line-ups this season, but I need more depth at a few key positions. There's a 330 OR gap between my top OR reserve and my bottom OR reserve. While most of the backups with lower OR have good experience, they're also a bit older and are blocking prospects from moving up. I also need to find a way to get my top "prospect" some playing time this season (he's 20 and behind a 22 yo and a 23 yo on the depth chart) and to make a decision on a number of players with low experience that are too old to be prospects.

Cory

Hockeytown
Nov 18, 2013
Michigan
No because I choose close-range shots and feed the ball to my C and PF. Close-range shots don't require the shooting atty, alas, no fuss! I swear that's the only reason I am winning :P

I tried that last season without success. Too many fouls from playing 1-Out-4-In to capitalize on the close range shots. I was also taking about the same amount of 3-pointers as teams I was playing against who were using balanced shots.

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
I tried that last season without success. Too many fouls from playing 1-Out-4-In to capitalize on the close range shots. I was also taking about the same amount of 3-pointers as teams I was playing against who were using balanced shots.

Threaten your players with extradition... that'll work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad