PPM #13 - Basketball is LIVE! Sign Up Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cory

Hockeytown
Nov 18, 2013
Michigan
Now is a good point to re-evaluate your interaction with Outsider overall. What's wrong with just ignoring him entirely? I do. I don't care about Mojo, Outsider or anything related. Not worth it. Any goading or taunting should really fall on deaf ears.

Take a moment to take a breath. He's a 24yo who gets his kicks trolling an online simulation. You're a grown a s s man. Nothing he says or does should warrant any reaction whatsoever. Cause that's what he's after anyway - a reaction.

These are obvious comments, but I think its good to hear them from a third party sometimes.

:thumbu: This. Sometimes you have to remember the source. You're a good manager and you've been invaluable helping with the hockey NT team. Don't let it spoil your fun. There's nothing wrong with simply ignoring each other, or failing mutual cooperation, ignoring him.

On other fronts, my hockey team is doing better than I thought they would be at this point. The season was lost from the moment I promoted, so my primary focuses have been to build enough money to continue building my infrastructure without interruption (still on track), put everything into the Can-Am tourney to win as much as I can (still on track), and to be in a position to eventually demote because it works best for my team trajectory (still on track).

Soccer, I could land as high as 3rd and as low as 6th. Sunday will be interesting. I'm already out of the Can-Am tournament at this point, so meh there.

Basketball... we'll see next week. *shrug* Not much else to do at this point. Draft may be interesting assuming my academy lets a player come in over 200 OR. Level 7 building to 8 and haven't seen one come in over 200... :help:

kytihu

Jul 21, 2011
:thumbu: This. Sometimes you have to remember the source. You're a good manager and you've been invaluable helping with the hockey NT team. Don't let it spoil your fun. There's nothing wrong with simply ignoring each other, or failing mutual cooperation, ignoring him.

On other fronts, my hockey team is doing better than I thought they would be at this point. The season was lost from the moment I promoted, so my primary focuses have been to build enough money to continue building my infrastructure without interruption (still on track), put everything into the Can-Am tourney to win as much as I can (still on track), and to be in a position to eventually demote because it works best for my team trajectory (still on track).

Soccer, I could land as high as 3rd and as low as 6th. Sunday will be interesting. I'm already out of the Can-Am tournament at this point, so meh there.

Basketball... we'll see next week. *shrug* Not much else to do at this point. Draft may be interesting assuming my academy lets a player come in over 200 OR. Level 7 building to 8 and haven't seen one come in over 200... :help:

I just imagine what I would do if I was walking through a grocery store and a 9 yr old told me something like "hey doofus, nice hat you're wearing, dummie." I'd likely chuckle a little bit and keep walking to the pick up the salsa I'm after. There's really no other reaction that's necessary.

Try to keep it all in perspective.

If you have fun playing the game, keep playing the game. If you don't have fun interacting with Outsider, don't interact with Outsider. Good luck.

Emerald76

May 20, 2010
Dubh Linn
Looks like he won Other World I.1 league and playoffs. Sigh. So it begins! I wish the financial situation was dampened for the first few seasons. For example, 50% of your raise is not given for S2 and S3 or something to keep everyone more level.

Yep, I won both League and playoff in I.1, and I'm also ranked 41st in the world regarding OTR, the top guy is possibly getting 8.5mill or thereabouts per week I reckon

Cory

Hockeytown
Nov 18, 2013
Michigan
Yep, I won both League and playoff in I.1, and I'm also ranked 41st in the world regarding OTR, the top guy is possibly getting 8.5mill or thereabouts per week I reckon

Judging by what Redcard shared with him being 9th in the world in OTR, it likely isn't that much more than you, but it's still damn near double what most of us are making. :whatever: All I can do is go in and stick to the plan and hope I can continue to make my team better. Only time will tell if relegation will be necessary to do that. I knew starting in I.1 wasn't tactically my best choice, but I did it to prove to myself I could compete, and so far I've hung in there even if I haven't been a serious contender.

Bulls4ever

Mar 17, 2014
I have exchanged messages with Canucks. to be honest my disappointment was that it has not been moderated. i have been ignoring as you all have seen. and even when provoked as "easy win by blah blah blah" when replied i have tried to to avoid confrontations. But when is it enough????

Im just tired of opening the forum there to read something that is said to find out what is in there is just provocation.

I have no problem "ignoring" him. but there are rules and he is breaking the rules but not being moderated.

honestly I don't want to go into details cause it is between me and canucks and id like it to continue private.

but i will tel that what motivated me was the fact he was banned and lifted the ban after a hour to hear that what he does is nothing wrong.

I was planning to quit ppm forums only but extended to PPM. I may take some days off and reconsider but that is how i feel now.

At the end, i didnt even change tactics against tujague .. that shows my lack of interest at the moment.

Bulls4ever

Mar 17, 2014
I just imagine what I would do if I was walking through a grocery store and a 9 yr old told me something like "hey doofus, nice hat you're wearing, dummie." I'd likely chuckle a little bit and keep walking to the pick up the salsa I'm after. There's really no other reaction that's necessary.

Try to keep it all in perspective.

If you have fun playing the game, keep playing the game. If you don't have fun interacting with Outsider, don't interact with Outsider. Good luck.

Imagine if that was your own kid and he does that everytime he sees you. Would you just "ignore" or punish?

I ignored, moderators job were to punish but they refuse. One day at the market one by annoying isnt a big deal, having the kid annoying you every single time IS.

or you go to a date with a girl and everytime you say something to the girl the boy would come sit at your table and annoy you with something. Would you just ignore him and let him screw the date? no you would either call security, their parents and LEAVE.

outisider annoyance got to a point security had to come or i had to leave. security didnt, so i left. or in other words .. quit.

MrOrange

Jan 25, 2014
Not to intervene here in this obviously beautiful discussion, but I have a request.

I currently have access to the soccer NT teams. (Senior, U20 and U17). I just fixed the NT roster for all of these. I actually need access to the hockey and handball NT teams (Senior, U20 and U17). This to ensure the same for these sports. Can anyone get me assistant positions in all of these sports?

Also, I have a question. I got a request from canucks357 that he would find it interesting the ratios can be different for the NT and the rest (Market, Player Overview, Player Profile) etc. Does any of you share this opinion? If I were to implement it, I would make it optional ofcourse. :)

suprvilce

Sep 12, 2006
Not to intervene here in this obviously beautiful discussion, but I have a request.

I currently have access to the soccer NT teams. (Senior, U20 and U17). I just fixed the NT roster for all of these. I actually need access to the hockey and handball NT teams (Senior, U20 and U17). This to ensure the same for these sports. Can anyone get me assistant positions in all of these sports?

Also, I have a question. I got a request from canucks357 that he would find it interesting the ratios can be different for the NT and the rest (Market, Player Overview, Player Profile) etc. Does any of you share this opinion? If I were to implement it, I would make it optional ofcourse. :)

I can give you access to Slovenian u20 hockey NT for few weeks (until WC?..would that be enough time?).

suprvilce

Sep 12, 2006
Sure thing! I only need it for a couple of days tops!

Ok i'll add you now, just had launch so was away :)

btw: i tried that beta PPM you and canucks (or was it someone else, can't remember) told me to try that has draft thingy implemented, but my web browser (firefox) was working very very slow and i switched back to the old version 0.95.47

Cory

Hockeytown
Nov 18, 2013
Michigan

I can add you back to US senior national hockey team if needed.

EDIT: Regarding Scott's request, I personally don't have a need for it. I plan to build my players to the same specifications I covet on the national team. Well, almost. I build my players SLIGHTLY differently than most it appears, but it's a minor difference that won't really make a difference in the PPMe calculations (even though it makes a calculable difference in-game).

Last edited:

MrOrange

Jan 25, 2014
I can add you back to US senior national hockey team if needed.

EDIT: Regarding Scott's request, I personally don't have a need for it. I plan to build my players to the same specifications I covet on the national team. Well, almost. I build my players SLIGHTLY differently than most it appears, but it's a minor difference that won't really make a difference in the PPMe calculations (even though it makes a calculable difference in-game).

If you want to, I'd be grateful! I just confirmed it to be working on the Hockey U20, if I can test it on Hockey Senior with this, then I still need Hockey U18 and Handball Senior.

Ok i'll add you now, just had launch so was away :)

btw: i tried that beta PPM you and canucks (or was it someone else, can't remember) told me to try that has draft thingy implemented, but my web browser (firefox) was working very very slow and i switched back to the old version 0.95.47

Great! I just tested it. It works, so feel free to remove me. I don't think I need it anymore. Regarding your performance issue, the latest builds of PPMe have all been performance oriented. I have increased the speed of PPMe by removing redundant calculations. I did test it on firefox, and for some reason it feels really slow when scrolling, but other than that there were no bad performance indicators. Regarding the slow scrolling, my guess is that Firefox is redrawing certain elements on the page repeatedly without apparent reason. I can try to track it down, but this is really hard. I don't think I'll make it before monday.

Last edited:

suprvilce

Sep 12, 2006
If you want to, I'd be grateful! I just confirmed it to be working on the Hockey U20, if I can test it on Hockey Senior with this, then I still need Hockey U18 and Handball Senior.

Great! I just tested it. It works, so feel free to remove me. I don't think I need it anymore. Regarding your performance issue, the latest builds of PPMe have all been performance oriented. I have increased the speed of PPMe by removing redundant calculations. I did test it on firefox, and for some reason it feels really slow when scrolling, but other than that there were no bad performance indicators. Regarding the slow scrolling, my guess is that Firefox is redrawing certain elements on the page repeatedly without apparent reason. I can try to track it down, but this is really hard. I don't think I'll make it before monday.

Ok i'm in no rush really, only tried it to see how it works with the draft that was comming up but it did really run slowly (maybe just on draft page, don't remember). I'm mainly using the old version to browse handball market for potential decent players. I'll add back my assitant if you say you're done, but if you need any more tests just let me know :)

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
PPMe looks awesome Mr Orange, but if you're still taking requests for the next release, one feature I'd like to see is the ability to treat shooting and blocking as bonus attributes and not limiting attributes like the rest. I train shooting and blocking on most players individually, depending on their ratios, so I can't use them like the other attributes for player comparisons. Also, technique for hockey defensemen is another attribute I'd like to treat as a bonus.

For example, I'd like to calculate my defensemen's EOR as normal using Def, Pas, and Agr, then add something like Shooting * 0.25 and Tec * 0.5 on top (then adjust for chem, exp, etc.) so those guys who train it can get an appropriate boost, but the guys who don't won't have their EORs unfairly limited by low shooting or technique.

idiroft

Sep 21, 2012
Lisboa
My team is KILLING it in hockey! For the past month I have only lost 4 points out of all available and I am conformably in 3rd in my league :D

Cory

Hockeytown
Nov 18, 2013
Michigan

Done. Sorry about the delay. I haven't been home all day.

MrOrange

Jan 25, 2014
Done. Sorry about the delay. I haven't been home all day.

No problem! Confirmed it to be working. Everyone can remove me from the Assistant positions. Confirmed everything to be working.

MrOrange

Do you think it would be possible to someday add something like this to PPMe:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ppmma/

Sure thing! I only need to know how to calculate it, where to get the values from and in which page to put it to make it useful.

Ok i'm in no rush really, only tried it to see how it works with the draft that was comming up but it did really run slowly (maybe just on draft page, don't remember). I'm mainly using the old version to browse handball market for potential decent players. I'll add back my assitant if you say you're done, but if you need any more tests just let me know :)

I fixed the slow scrolling for Firefox. Turns out it's a bug in jQuery (One of the frameworks I use), added a work around. Firefox is still slower than Chrome, but that's because the CPU and memory management of Firefox is crap.

Last edited:

suprvilce

Sep 12, 2006
My PPMe has been auto-updated. Nice work :)

I do have one issue though, when i go to the market:

Here, my mouse is NOT on the "search players for market button":
http://prntscr.com/4ko9w4

Here, my mouse IS on the button:
http://prntscr.com/4koa4x

Notice how when i go with my mouse over the button the font on the button and the button iteslf changes size? Also it moves the button a little to the right.

Also, when i want to filter my search and enter a number in one of the fields, the number is smaller than it usually is: http://prntscr.com/4koao7

These issues seem to be exclusive to handball (except the last one with smaller font in market fields, that is in hockey too). The buttons are smaller and change size when going over them in mouse in Profile - Settings too, tho they are working in League - Statistics page. On League - All stars for example the "select" button is also changing itself, tough the Season-long All-Star Team button is working.

Last edited:

Cory

Hockeytown
Nov 18, 2013
Michigan
A thought occurs to me Emerald... I'm leaving for Ireland soon, so you must have a little one coming soon. How much longer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad