PPM #13 - Basketball is LIVE! Sign Up Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tujague

Feb 13, 2005
Already got tactics pre-planned, thanks! And I'd have rather beat you best-11 vs. best-11 but I was shorthanded last game, now you are. Your goalie was a beast. If you can get a couple on Monday and he can play like he just did the outcome may be very different.

Edit: Hahahahahah guess what I just realized. My RB was suspended for the ChL and not the CWC so I benched him for no reason! Hahahaha I'm a moron.

Alright. I'm currently set up for some stupid moves. If I get back on, things could get much worse. I have some really stupid ideas to compensate for the McCready loss.

Or I could get on and put everything back in its place. I guess well find out later.

I honestly don't like my chances either way.

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
So, I just bought my first 2200 OR player in hockey, Mugurel Gorie :yo:

Less than 30M!?!?! How in the name of Zeus!?!?!

Alright. I'm currently set up for some stupid moves. If I get back on, things could get much worse. I have some really stupid ideas to compensate for the McCready loss.

Or I could get on and put everything back in its place. I guess well find out later.

I honestly don't like my chances either way.

Good luck! I'm super curious what you did :)

tujague

Feb 13, 2005
Good luck! I'm super curious what you did :)

It's currently a more normal-ish formation. It's not something that I use though. I prefer a symmetrical 4-4-2. The other idea is not something I use. Well, I did use some similar ideas early on in soccer, but I think it's more desperation than I'm ready for. Plus I'm busy and haven't put any more thought into this. So I'm probably sticking with what I have.

Question on subs. Say I set a sub to happen at half time. If the criteria aren't met at halftime, but are met at 62 minutes, will my sub happen after 62 minutes? Like if I'm losing 0-1 at half, I want to remove a Dman and add a mid or forward. If it's 0-0 at half, and then you score in the 62nd minute, would my halftime subs then occur?

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
It's currently a more normal-ish formation. It's not something that I use though. I prefer a symmetrical 4-4-2. The other idea is not something I use. Well, I did use some similar ideas early on in soccer, but I think it's more desperation than I'm ready for. Plus I'm busy and haven't put any more thought into this. So I'm probably sticking with what I have.

Question on subs. Say I set a sub to happen at half time. If the criteria aren't met at halftime, but are met at 62 minutes, will my sub happen after 62 minutes? Like if I'm losing 0-1 at half, I want to remove a Dman and add a mid or forward. If it's 0-0 at half, and then you score in the 62nd minute, would my halftime subs then occur?

Negative. You'd need to copy the sub and change the time from half-time to 65' for it to happen.

Regarding your formation, I'm pretty sure I know what your plan and I've countered. Or have I? Mind games.... COMMENCE! :naughty:

tujague

Feb 13, 2005
Negative. You'd need to copy the sub and change the time from half-time to 65' for it to happen.

Regarding your formation, I'm pretty sure I know what your plan and I've countered. Or have I? Mind games.... COMMENCE! :naughty:

That's Pejorative Slured. They should work the way I described. I'd need 700 subs to do everything I would need to do. And then when you need to use a different starter for whatever reason, those subs are now useless. Oh well. I'm not going to bother doing all of that. So hopefully I get up 3-0 and none if this will matter.

What do you think I'm doing? Go ahead. I promise that I won't change it if you guess correctly.

eDIt: I just changed it. Put very little thought into this though.

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
That's Pejorative Slured. They should work the way I described. I'd need 700 subs to do everything I would need to do. And then when you need to use a different starter for whatever reason, those subs are now useless. Oh well. I'm not going to bother doing all of that. So hopefully I get up 3-0 and none if this will matter.

I'm with you on this one, if I'm playing a stronger team yet take a 1-0 lead at any point in the second half my team should immediately switch to a defensive line-up. Basketball and Handball have an "any time" option, I don't see why soccer doesn't and I really dislike copying the same substitution 11 times.

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada

What do you think I'm doing? Go ahead. I promise that I won't change it if you guess correctly.

eDIt: I just changed it. Put very little thought into this though.

At least it is how it is. It was much worse before (swap this player). I begged them to make it a whole-formation change. I.e. at this time swap formation for this formation. Way easier to do as a user than a slew of individual players.

In other news, source code is posted. She was a doozie of a game my friend!

Belizarius

Sep 17, 2003
Southern France
www.passionhockey.com
Basket, drafted a 3*, 201 OR. Shooting guard.
Will be one of my best prospect...

I'm relegated in III.8 in France. Lots of bots... have a chance to be back in II, though I have the lowest potential average (but 3rd best facilities).

tujague

Feb 13, 2005
I'm with you on this one, if I'm playing a stronger team yet take a 1-0 lead at any point in the second half my team should immediately switch to a defensive line-up. Basketball and Handball have an "any time" option, I don't see why soccer doesn't and I really dislike copying the same substitution 11 times.

Yes. That would be great. I don't know why anyone would use the current system. This is the first time I really tried to use it. I've set subs to get younger players on the pitch for the last 20-40 minutes, but nothing very tactical. I set 7 subs today. To get that to work the way I want it to, I would have needed around 50 subs set.

But after I set those subs, I completely changed my formation, so 4 of the 7 were now partially red. And none if the subs occurred anyway. Stupid system. I would have had 3 forwards late in the game looking to tie the series.

At least it is how it is. It was much worse before (swap this player). I begged them to make it a whole-formation change. I.e. at this time swap formation for this formation. Way easier to do as a user than a slew of individual players.

In other news, source code is posted. She was a doozie of a game my friend!

So freaking close! I'm very happy to have controlled play for most of the game. That first game was embarrassing. And you needed a deflection to score!

If McCready was on the pitch, I guarantee you he would have potted that shot Dekker missed in the 91st minute:D

Good luck in the Finals. Are you playing that 138 team?

Is there a trophy for 3rd place? Maybe I'll start a camp.

Edit: did I do what you were expecting? :laugh: I was originally in a 4-5-1 with two of the CMs forward. I call it the Burning Man formation. Because it looks like a man, and I either win 4-1 or lose 0-3:)

Last edited:

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
So freaking close! I'm very happy to have controlled play for most of the game. That first game was embarrassing. And you needed a deflection to score!

If McCready was on the pitch, I guarantee you he would have potted that shot Dekker missed in the 91st minute:D

Good luck in the Finals. Are you playing that 138 team?

Is there a trophy for 3rd place? Maybe I'll start a camp.

I'm playing the Chinese team Localking, 167 OTS. I should have home-field too! Wahoo! Cm244 Place will host the CWC Final!

As I said, good game today. That goal by me sealed it. Even a 2-1 W for you wouldn't have been enough as I'd have won on away goals. You'd have needed to win 3-1 as soon as I scored a goal. A 1-0 W for you would have taken us to extra time. So the 91' free kick going in wouldn't have mattered.

I hope I can win the final. I figured I'd have 1 to 2 tough series. Meeting you I had always pictured for the final. I'll thank my lucky stars for suspensions.

Also, I figured you'd load up and attack my left flank :P. I could have swapped my CBs to put the stronger one on that side but didn't matter in the end. I was confident I could handle whatever you threw/kicked my way :)

See you in the ChL next season hopefully!

tujague

Feb 13, 2005
I'm playing the Chinese team Localking, 167 OTS. I should have home-field too! Wahoo! Cm244 Place will host the CWC Final!

As I said, good game today. That goal by me sealed it. Even a 2-1 W for you wouldn't have been enough as I'd have won on away goals. You'd have needed to win 3-1 as soon as I scored a goal. A 1-0 W for you would have taken us to extra time. So the 91' free kick going in wouldn't have mattered.

Really? Well, 2-1 would have looked better:naughty:

I hope I can win the final. I figured I'd have 1 to 2 tough series. Meeting you I had always pictured for the final. I'll thank my lucky stars for suspensions.

Also, I figured you'd load up and attack my left flank :P. I could have swapped my CBs to put the stronger one on that side but didn't matter in the end. I was confident I could handle whatever you threw/kicked my way :)

See you in the ChL next season hopefully!

My formation wasn't actually put in to attack your weakness. I didn't even look at your team because I knew you were healthy. Any weakness on a team like yours is not worth altering my lineup for. I have to play to my strengths. My LM was suspended, so I wanted to push play through my right side. I was hoping The CMs and Krajco the RM would move the ball up, and get it to the fresher Colt Diaz. He would then fire shots on goal and either score or give Dekker a rebound on the left. Obviously I'm giving the engine more credit than it deserves, but that was the thinking.

Like I said, I'm very happy with the result after game 1. I'm not often embarrassed by anything that happens in PPM, but that one was a huge letdown after the long wait to play you. This game made it a much better series. Now, for gods sake, go get the trophy!

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
Really? Well, 2-1 would have looked better:naughty:

My formation wasn't actually put in to attack your weakness. I didn't even look at your team because I knew you were healthy. Any weakness on a team like yours is not worth altering my lineup for. I have to play to my strengths. My LM was suspended, so I wanted to push play through my right side. I was hoping The CMs and Krajco the RM would move the ball up, and get it to the fresher Colt Diaz. He would then fire shots on goal and either score or give Dekker a rebound on the left. Obviously I'm giving the engine more credit than it deserves, but that was the thinking.

Like I said, I'm very happy with the result after game 1. I'm not often embarrassed by anything that happens in PPM, but that one was a huge letdown after the long wait to play you. This game made it a much better series. Now, for gods sake, go get the trophy!

Thanks! And I hope to hoist my second, first at home if I recall correctly. I enjoyed the friendly back-and-forth and the added edge from playing a "known". Watch, we'll be in the same ChL group next season :laugh:. And, if so, that game will have a bunch of my guys suspended too!

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
Sent all but my starting 11 + 6 subs to training camp. Hopefully my GK doesn't get injured between now and Wednesday when the CWC Final is. Please lvl 15 Med C., earn your keep now!

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
Lost 1-0 in the CWC Final, at home, with 75% win odds.

:shakehead:deadhorse:nopity::madfire:

Edit: Left out the part where he is 160s OTS and I'm 200s. Ya. That happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad