PPM #13 - Basketball is LIVE! Sign Up Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
Check out my latest purchase (144M):
F5bet.jpg

I added this player (70M) recently for depth but I can sell him now and recoup a large portion of the fee:
0aqKm.jpg

An improvement in age, C/L and Exp! That's a rare find. Not bad since I can likely sell the bottom guy for 50+.

slacklar

May 12, 2014
F5bet.jpg

I added this player (70M) recently for depth but I can sell him now and recoup a large portion of the fee:
0aqKm.jpg

An improvement in age, C/L and Exp! That's a rare find. Not bad since I can likely sell the bottom guy for 50+.
You don't care about shooting on your SM? Some of the Dutch managers seem to swear by it.

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
You don't care about shooting on your SM? Some of the Dutch managers seem to swear by it.

His shooting will be trained up in half a season to something that is usable. One of my CMs has terrible shooting (40, as he arrived from the SA) and he seems to score as often as my other more shooting-inclined CMs.

slacklar

May 12, 2014
His shooting will be trained up in half a season to something that is usable. One of my CMs has terrible shooting (40, as he arrived from the SA) and he seems to score as often as my other more shooting-inclined CMs.
I bought a SM with 125 shooting last year, he has 4 goals in 27 games, the other one who is basically the same except shooting has 3. Both my CMs, without shooting, have 8 goals in that number of games.

Lol! I just realized that I did not scout a single player for the upcoming football draft.
Missed a few days where I came on too early and didn't get the draft notification so forgot to scout. Somehow I still managed to get 3 As, that's more than all other drafts across all sports combined. Of course I'm picking 17th so who knows what's left.

Emerald76

May 20, 2010
Dubh Linn
September has been a good month for the Kings :yo:

IjIwIvo.png

Sitting pretty at the top of Other World I.1 with 6 wins from 6.
I don't know how long my run will last (Last defeat was a friendly on Aug 26th, last meaningful game lost was Aug 9th), but I'll enjoy the relentless OTR gain my team is earning right now!

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
September has been a good month for the Kings :yo:

IjIwIvo.png

Sitting pretty at the top of Other World I.1 with 6 wins from 6.
I don't know how long my run will last (Last defeat was a friendly on Aug 26th, last meaningful game lost was Aug 9th), but I'll enjoy the relentless OTR gain my team is earning right now!

Nice! I'm in a similar boat (excluding friendlies). I've only lost 5 competitive games (league, playoffs) excluding the NC since the sport launched. No idea what I'm doing right but I'm not about to change anything!

Emerald76

May 20, 2010
Dubh Linn
Nice! I'm in a similar boat (excluding friendlies). I've only lost 5 competitive games (league, playoffs) excluding the NC since the sport launched. No idea what I'm doing right but I'm not about to change anything!

Ha, I hear ya.
I'm going to keep going with whats been good for me too!!

camrawrn

Apr 16, 2013

Nice! I was hoping to get him, but I wasn't online for the deadline. He was just out of my price range, anyway. So instead, I got this guy for 75M:

V8f5J5T.png

Not a bad pickup. I'm just now starting to buy some younger guys to build up for a I.1 push. This is my first. Only 10 more to go!

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
Nice! I was hoping to get him, but I wasn't online for the deadline. He was just out of my price range, anyway. So instead, I got this guy for 75M:

Not a bad pickup. I'm just now starting to buy some younger guys to build up for a I.1 push. This is my first. Only 10 more to go!

That's a great buy! Only tiff I have is that he is a R and not U. I swear by having U players down the middle.

Emerald76

May 20, 2010
Dubh Linn
Does that show up in the IGR?

I'm of the school of thought that U's playing centrally offer more than playing an L or an R.

I'm also sure that if you have for instance, 1 U playing in a 3 man midfield, that he offers more to both left sided and right sided players, rather than playing an L who offers more to the left side, or an R, who offers more to the right side.
It keeps everything well balanced in my head!:D

The marked out zones on a pitch in your lineup page are directly influenced by who plays in the adjoining zones.

slacklar

May 12, 2014
Not sure. It *may*. Though my gut tells me that, like OFF and DEF on Mids, L/R vs. U isn't part of the IGR calc but does impact performance.
Interesting. How much off/def before it starts making an impact?

I'm of the school of thought that U's playing centrally offer more than playing an L or an R.

I'm also sure that if you have for instance, 1 U playing in a 3 man midfield, that he offers more to both left sided and right sided players, rather than playing an L who offers more to the left side, or an R, who offers more to the right side.
It keeps everything well balanced in my head!:D

The marked out zones on a pitch in your lineup page are directly influenced by who plays in the adjoining zones.
Do you think there's more total benefit or just a more balanced one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad