PPM #13 - Basketball is LIVE! Sign Up Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tujague

Feb 13, 2005

**I changed these to referral links. I just want to see how many people join from here. And how many people stick with the game. I must have a referral link posted somewhere else because I've had 5-6 people join through it. But only one of those people have kept playing. I earned 6 total credits for that:laugh: If you join through that link and I get credits, message me on PPM and I'll send em your way.

Basketball is here!

NEXT SPORT? Who the hell knows?

Part I - January 2009 - January 2010
Part II - January 2010 - March 2010
Part III - March 2010 - July 2010
Part IV - July 2010 - January 2011
Part V - January 2011 - August 2011
Part VI - August 2011 - February 2012
Part VII February 2012 - September 2012
Part VIII September 2012 - April 2013
Part IX April 2013 - January 2014
Part X January 2014 - April 2014

The Basic Set Up
PowerPlayManager, or PPM, is a browser based simulation. It's completely free to play, but you can buy a ProPack to support the game. Which will also make a bunch of things easier, adds some graphical flair, cuts out most advertising, etc. But no actual in game advantage.

Currently we're playing hockey and soccer. Handball is coming soon(?). Yes. I said Handball. We think they're going with Handball because it's a similar team sport to hockey/soccer. It'll be easier to get that type of game up to speed. And apparently Handball is a huge sport in the countries where PPM is most popular. Once they get those three up to acceptable levels, we're hoping they add F1 or tennis or something very different for the next sport.

You get to name your own team and stadium/arena. The games use fake players. They're randomly generated by each team's Sports Academy. Every week you get 1 to 4 or 5 players depending on the level of your SA. Each country has their own name database, so you won't see anything too weird. You create your own lines and training schedules, decide who takes free kicks and corners in soccer, or Penalty shots in hockey. Hockey also has different line tactics for even strength and special teams.

Hockey is a very good game. Solid rules and execution. They seem to add new stuff every season or two. Soccer is a bit raw. They had some problems with the main soccer programmer moving to another job. So the development slowed down a bit while the new guy got familiar with the code. They're back on track and new things are being added every season.

Oh, I forgot about the National Teams. Each season in hockey, someone is elected to run the NT. They pick the players and schedule friendlies during the season. In the last two weeks of each season, the hockey World Championships are played. I think there's three divisions. Countries vie to host them each season. Unfortunately some countries started doing ridiculous bids (actual trophies and other crazy ish), and that seems to have turned off a lot of countries. They don't get as many bids as they used to. I don't think the US has submitted a bid in several seasons. But it's still a cool idea:) The World Cup in soccer will happen every four seasons just like real life, and their will be other tourneys in the off years. Or something like that. They're still working on that stuff. (National teams have been added in soccer. Our own Obryantj has been the NT manager for a few seasons and has us ranked 9th. That's very good. The US is a relatively small country in these games.)

Both games are set up like European leagues. The top league in each country is I.1. That's league level one (I), and division one (.1). The next level is II.1 through II.4. There's 4 divisions in league II. There's 16 divisions in league III. Then 64 IV divisions. The idea is to win your league to promote to the next highest league. If you finish in second, you get to play someone from the higher league for the right to play in the higher league next season.

When you get your team, you will start in one of the lower levels. That's so you don't get your ass pounded by the more established teams. You'll probably still get pounded by the good teams in lower leagues, but you'll also face a lot of equal competition. Don't get freaked out by losing. This is not the franchise mode in NHL11 or 12 or whatever EA is on. This is a marathon. Seasons last 112 days, so odds are you will start in the middle of a season. Games are played at Noon est for all games in hockey and it varies for soccer. In the US/Canada, they're played at 4:30 est. That's the daily update. It includes the matches and updated standings. The nightly update starts around 11pm est, and lasts an hour or so. This is when injuries are reported, contracts are renewed, training occurs, player suspensions in soccer, etc.

The Infrastructure
Your stadium is divided into 8 sections. You can add seats, snack bars, fan shops, restaurants, press boxes & skyboxes. You can also upgrade the type of seats. You start with benches and work your way up to Triple Floor Multifunctional. There's also Ice/Pitch Quality, Parking Lots, Sound & Scoreboard upgrades. You can even paint your ice.

You also have 7 facilities. These include:
*Training (self explanatory. Massively important.)
*Regeneration (helps players regain energy so they can train better)
*Human Resources (helps scout players better/faster, and helps get better sponsor offers)
Maintenance (Helps with security and lowers daily expenses. Not important at all.)
Education Center (Training for staff members. Staff are too expensive, so ignore this for the most part.)
*Sports Academy (You get new youth every week. Better academy means more pulls and possibly higher OverallRating(OR))
Medical Center (Cuts down number of injuries and shortens time it takes to heal.)

The Staff
Each of these facilities can have two staff who will boost the facilities effectiveness. But you have to be careful. Staff salaries can get very high. I would almost recommend not using staff until you have good young players to take advantage of them. The ones with the * are known as the Big Four. They are the most important and should be built asap.

A bit more on the staff. I cannot put too much emphasis on their salaries. It's paid daily and can get ridiculously high ridiculously fast. Here's the staff salary formula:
I.1- 0.1*(Atty1^3+Atty2^3)
II- 0.095*(Atty1^3+Atty2^3)
III- 0.090*(Atty1^3+Atty2^3)
IV- 0.085*(Atty1^3+Atty2^3)
V- 0.080*(Atty1^3+Atty2^3)
Here' the cost for staff in I.1:
--Weaker staff with OR around 33/27 cost under 6k per day, 650k total per staff per season.
--Average staff with around 50/50 OR is 25k each day, 5.5M total per season.
--Staff with OR around 71/66 cost 65k each day, 7.3M total per season.
--Stud staff will be 95/95 & 95/95. 170k each, 19M per staff per season.

Staff is not something I usually check very often, so it can easily sneak up on you. We've all reached the point where we can't afford to pay top staff. Several of us have basically given our staff away for pennies so we can afford to keep building. I just cut out 400K in daily staff salary. That's almost 3M per week, 45M per season. My players will train slightly worse, but at least now I can continue to build facilities/stadium. If you're not building you're dying alive.

The Players
Players are probably the most confusing thing to new players. You have to remember that your players are just numbers. Some numbers can change, some can not. I'm going to break a player's page down for you. If something doesn't make sense, just ask.

The Overall Rating, or OR, is just all of the players attributes (offense, defense, shot, technique, speed, etc) added up. This changes almost daily as your players train.

The Average Quality, or AQ, is all of the attributes' qualities averaged. Qualities are maybe the most important thing when judging players. like I said, each attribute has it's own quality. That quality(Q) will determine how well that player trains that attribute for the rest of his career. Equally important is having the right Qs for each position. D-men need Defense, Pass, Tech & Aggr. A player with good Qs (75+) in those four attributes would be a great d-man. There's also something other managers have made up called the Effective Quality. That averages the Qs of the attributes used by the players position. So you wouldn't include the goalie Q when figuring the EQ of a winger.

An example:
Winger A has Qs of 70G/70D/70O/70S/70P/70T/70A
That's an AQ of 70, and an EQ of 70.
Winger B has Qs of 5G/10D/95O/95S/95P/95T/95A
That's an AQ of 70, but an EQ of 95.

Judging them by AQs means you have a couple of nice players. Judging by EQs you have one nice player and one of the best forwards in the game.

I have some players with AQs in the 70s who never play unless everyone is in camp. On the other hand, I also have a 58AQ who has been starting for 7 seasons. He seems like a crappy player, right? But his EQ is actually around 75.

Career Longevity (CL or C/L) is how long that player will be effective. A player with a CL of 6/6 will train much better than someone with 3/6. Each player's CL can change at the beginning of each season. I think you can get the same CL for 4 seasons, but it could change in as few as 2. Injuries can also lower CL faster.

Preferred side should be obvious. A player with a PS of Left isn't necessarily left-handed, but he (duh!) prefers to play on the left side. Play him on the right side and he isn't as effective. I think it drops by 10%. Maybe 20%.

Popularity can be increased by being one of the 3 stars, on the team of the day/season, or finish in the top5/10 at the end of the season.

Salary is paid every day! I repeat: SALARY IS PAID EVERYDAY! Player salaries are a lot less than staff salaries, but I figured now would be a good time to remind you that staff salaries are ridiculous:nod:

Energy has two parts. Before the / is the current energy. It goes down after games, and is replenished during the nighttime update/training. After the / is the seasonal energy. Play a whole game with Very High Importance and seasonal energy drops by 2 points. Once seasonal energy drops, it can't be replenished during the season. It will be reset back to 100 when a new season starts. If your players have low energy, they start to play much worse.

Chemistry slowly goes up as the player plays games. It's a long process, but 100% chemistry helps your players play better.

Now we get to the attributes. Each one is set up the same. The first, bigger number is the actual attribute. The second, smaller green number is the Quality. The number below that in parenthesis is the how much the player needs to train to increase the attribute. So a (0.51) needs to train 49% the next night to increase the attribute by 1 point.

That's some basic basics. If you have any questions, just ask. We love to help:nod:

I just did this as fast as possible. If anyone sees anything wrong with this stuff, please let me know. Or come up with something better:nod:

tujague

Feb 13, 2005

I'm getting my ass kicked right now, but I promise to update this stuff when I can.

Here's what I'm working on for the HFB Player List. If you're not on the list, send me a link or something. I know I'm missing some people...

Canada
|
PPM
|
Hockey
|
Lg
|
Info
|
Soccer
|
Lg
|
Info
|
Handball
|
Lg
|
Info
beetbout |
-​
| |
III.1​
|
| |
XX.x​
|
| |
II.3​
|
biznow
o.png
|
-​
| |
I.1​
|
| |
II.4​
|
| |
II.3​
|
canucks357 |
ecan.png
| |
II.3​
|
| |
I.1+
|
| |
I.1​
|
EspOrrsito (RBPK) |
-​
| |
II.4​
|
| |
II.1​
|
| |
II.2​
|
feichter |
-​
| |
III.1​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
idiroft |
-​
| |
II.2​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
JoshLind |
-​
| |
III.3​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
| |
III.4​
|
neksys |
-​
| |
II.3​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
oldtymehockey |
-​
| |
II.1​
|
| |
I.1​
|
| |
I.1​
|
PMullings |
-​
| |
I.1​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|

saint2e|
m_s.png
| |
II.4​
|
| |
I.1​
|
| |
III.3​
|
Steve Shutt (aka XaviesCrown) |
-​
| |
II.3​
|
| |
II.3​
|
| |
I.1​
|
Temm |
-​
| |
II.3​
|
| |
XX.X​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|

---|
-​
|
---​
|
---​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|

United States
|
PPM
|
Hockey
|
Lg
|
Info
|
Soccer
|
Lg
|
Info
|
Handball
|
Lg
|
Info
BruinsFanMike82 |
-​
| |
III.7​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
bulls4ever |
-​
| |
II.3​
|
NTam​
| |
II.2​
|
| |
I.1​
|
NTgm​
Cam- The Disparager |
-​
| |
II.4​
|
| |
II.1​
|
| |
I.1​
|
Coach Bruce (Hawkeye8) |
-​
| |
III.12​
|
| |
III.4​
|
| |
III.5​
|
Cory (Cory Martin) |
-​
| |
III.7​
|
| |
II.1​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
diskothek |
-​
|
---​
|
---​
|
| |
III.6​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
fakezomg (zomg) |
-​
| |
I.1​
|
| |
I.1​
|
| |
II.1​
|
kytihu |
-​
| |
xx.x​
|
| |
I.1+
|
| |
I.1​
|
Obryantj |
r.png
| |
I.1​
|
NT​
| |
I.1​
|
NT​
| |
II.1​
|
redcard(ngrover) |
-​
| |
II.3​
|
| |
I.1​
|
| |
I.1​
|
tescosamoa |
m_s.png
| |
II.4​
|
| |
II.4​
|
NTa​
| |
I.1​
|
Trade legwand (Jonesy) |
-​
| |
IV.2​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
tujague |
r.png
| |
II.4--
|
| |
I.1​
|
| |
II.1​
|

---|
-​
|
---​
|
---​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|

Other World:)
|
Country
|
Hockey
|
Lg
|
Info
|
Soccer
|
Lg
|
Info
|
Handball
|
Lg
|
Info
Blue Blooded (aka AFant) |
SWE​
| |
II.3​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
Emerald
m_s.png
|
IRL​
| |
I.1​
|
| |
I.1​
|
| |
xx.x​
|
Korppu |
FI​
| |
III.8​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
Mr. Orange PPMe |
NL​
| |
---​
|
| |
I.1​
|
| |
---​
|
SaunaCrew(keeptdos) |
FI​
| |
II.1​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
slacklar |
NL​
| |
II.1​
|
| |
II.4​
|
| |
II.1​
|
suprvilce |
SLV​
| |
II.1​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
| |
I.1​
|
taipaddy |
ROC​
| |
III.12​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
trueblue55 |
AUS​
| |
I.1​
|
| |
I.1​
|
| |
I.1​
|
vlady
c_s.png
|
SVK​
| |
III.2​
|
| |
IV.4​
|
| |
III.4​
|

---|
-​
|
---​
|
---​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|

tujague

Feb 13, 2005
Interesting Links
PPMe is a very interesting tool designed by Mr.Orange. Click on PPMe to read the article posted by canucks357 explaining why this thing is so awesome. Just in case that disappears, here's the link to the (Chrome version) and for (other browsers).

trueblue has a nice website with some interesting articles for both hockey and soccer. Lots of good info.

The PPM Eyrie - This is a manager who spent quite a bit of time figuring out what has become known as the tactics wheel in hockey. He's done some other interesting stuff, but this is the important bit.
Normal -> Defensive -> Offensive -> Active Forechecking -> Counter Attacks -> Breaking Up -> Normal

Normal beats Defensive, Defensive beats Offensive, etc. You're not guaranteed a win, but playing the proper counter can give your team a big leg up.

Hockey Power Play Tactics
Added based on Saint2e's preliminary data. Will update when possible.

Here's a very interesting Guide for new players from KnucklePuck

I'm not sure how I feel about some of his more interesting choices, but I can understand why he's doing it. I don't think you'll screw anything up if you do follow his lead. I especially love his advice about avoiding staff at all costs. Their salaries are way too high for their limited impact on crappy facilities. EDIT: I fully support his ideas. I think this is the only way to go if you're starting late. Get that Arena done asap.

Anything else needs to go here?

Bulls4ever

Mar 17, 2014
I have not used auto search for friendlies for basketball and thus have tons of openings to play with friends.

if you want a friendly, just send a couple of requests

tujague

Feb 13, 2005
I had a bit of time, so I thought I'd post my bball team. It looks like I did alright, eh?
Starters:
PG 18 (296)
SG 21 (293)
SF 20 (305)
PF 21 (315)
C 19 (318)

Backups:
PG 16 (267)
SG 16 (259)
SF 19 (264)
PF 19 (287)
C 13 (276)

I don't think the backup C is actually a C. Maybe I'll flip him with the PF to heck out their ratings.

-----
My handball team continues to do well. I hit a little bump in the road when the rest of the league realized that I was playing on Low all the time. After starting the season 22-1-0, I lost 3 times in 7 games. Things seem to be going well again with 8 straight wins, but I have some tough matches coming up. Lanky's Dopplegangers will be a problem on Friday.

Soccer season's also going well. Undefeated through however many games we've played so far. But it should come to an end today vs the Coronas. I hate those guys.

I ended up promoting against my will in hockey. I just couldn't bring myself to throw any games to stay down. So I'm Up to I.1 a season before the team is ready. And now I have a sponsor dilemma. 5 star contract with win bonuses, but I have no idea how my team compares. My other option is the ranking deal, but it's only 3 stars. I might hold out hope for a better ranking deal. It seems like that would pay out the most money assuming I am above the regulation zone.

idiroft

Sep 21, 2012
Lisboa
II.2 Canda hockey league, be careful! My 1st liners had just become 3rd liners and I'll have my goalie at full energy and chemistry :D

Emerald76

May 20, 2010
Dubh Linn
2 out of 2 @ home in basketball.

I have a feeling I'm gonna like this sport ahelluvalotmorethanhandballlololol!!

~

The key, the absolute game changer, is picking up 1 point for a loss.
It has huge bearing on my strategy for the season/energy loss.

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
2 out of 2 @ home in basketball.

I have a feeling I'm gonna like this sport ahelluvalotmorethanhandballlololol!!

~

The key, the absolute game changer, is picking up 1 point for a loss.
It has huge bearing on my strategy for the season/energy loss.

Bahahahahaha. Well, to be honest, it really is a W-L league - the only difference is if you lose by default. But getting a participant ribbon for losing is a definite plus ;)

suprvilce

Sep 12, 2006
Same final rank in hockey as previous season
HR one level higher
8 more OTR
100% managers ofc
5* GS type2 - if i get all five bonuses i will still recieve 41M less than this season, also 5*
5* MS, 2M less per week and 32M total less than this season
:/ damn only three league tiers

Bulls4ever

Mar 17, 2014
2 points for win and 1 for loss is almost standard in any international sport competition that cannot have a tie.

not sure why the 2-1 instead of 1-0. probably because of canucks commented about not showing up to play.
Granted the sports that gives 1-0 punishes the non-show team with several points (about 5) and could even be disqualified.

basketball... volleyball...

slacklar

May 12, 2014
Got a 5* offer for both MS and GS on the first day so accepted both. Even if the 5* GS was the regular one without bonus payouts.

The plan for next season is to play a lot of VH to run energy into the ground again while racking up more wins. It's fun being well below 60. I added some decent youngsters on wing and defense, already had a decent goalie now just need to add some young centers. Then just build up the experience while the kids mature till I'm ready to compete in I.1. Speaking of I.1 the reigning champion announced on the forums he'll be pulling a Leggman once his old guys drop off and he can no longer compete.

tujague

Feb 13, 2005
So sweet. I ended up with a regular sponsor deal for over 17M per. Including the 17M from the Media and another 3M from skyboxes, I'll be bringing in around 37M each week. That seems like an awful lot for a promoting team, no? What do the other I.1 teams make?

Not that it matters much. My hockey team is sitting on 527M already:yashin:

Bulls4ever

Mar 17, 2014
what are you guys thinking on basketball so far?

for me it looks great. It requires much more strategy and less just set the ratio and cruise. also loved the Player Rate is back.

also i like the fact they kept the the :make the playoffs or fight to avoid relegation from handball.

I think in general it picked the best of the other games and added a few more unique interesting one.

Im sure the game engine still requires some tweaks but sounds very promising game.

camrawrn

Apr 16, 2013
So sweet. I ended up with a regular sponsor deal for over 17M per. Including the 17M from the Media and another 3M from skyboxes, I'll be bringing in around 37M each week. That seems like an awful lot for a promoting team, no? What do the other I.1 teams make?

I think I made about 30 mil per week when I promoted to I.1. Then it dropped to roughly 25 mil when I demoted the next season.

EDIT: That's total money by the way.

Last edited:

Cory

Hockeytown
Nov 18, 2013
Michigan
I think I made about 30 mil per week when I promoted to I.1. Then it dropped to roughly 25 mil when I demoted the next season.

EDIT: That's total money by the way.

So making $29 million/week total for promoting to II is good, then?

Last edited:

camrawrn

Apr 16, 2013
So making $28 million/week total for promoting to II is good, then?

Holy crap. Yeah, that's pretty good. That's roughly what I will make this season, I think. I may be a little better off because of ranking bonuses.

That's enough to buy a competitive team if you need to. Or finish off your facilities, looks like you're pretty close on that. You're in good shape, I'd say. :D

Bulls4ever

Mar 17, 2014
no way one would earn 28M from promoting from D3 to D2!! that would be insane

I earned 11M from general this season and i finished 5th if i recall

camrawrn

Apr 16, 2013
no way one would earn 28M from promoting from D3 to D2!! that would be insane

I earned 11M from general this season and i finished 5th if i recall

It's not unreasonable at all. He has level 14 HR, a full stadium with VIP boxes, and some decent OTR. Roughly 13M from both media and general, plus an extra 2M from VIP boxes, it makes sense.

Obryantj

Sep 7, 2010

Assuming that I win the same number of games as last season, I'll average ~43M per week from general, media, and skyboxes. I'm still pretty far behind the top 3 in OTR and I ended up with a 4* general and 3* media (both accepted today). I'm at 130M cash on hand and I'll be trimming the roster a bit after my training camp ends.

Bulls4ever

Mar 17, 2014
It's not unreasonable at all. He has level 14 HR, a full stadium with VIP boxes, and some decent OTR. Roughly 13M from both media and general, plus an extra 2M from VIP boxes, it makes sense.

humm . i was level 10 Hr not 14 -> sure more money

My Arena is about 1/3 of the capacity
VIP wont give much but.... guess every penny counts

I was already on D1 and had a very successful season finishing 4th in the regular season.

dont know my OTR, Im sure much better than the current 354.31. My guess it was at least100 points higher
his OTR 463.20. Id say a tie.

General: 11,181,260 - Even with his OTR same as mine he would not earn as much just because of the OTR as he didnt finish 4th on D2. The difference of HR might make it possible to be the same.

Media: 3,514,664 -- he could make 10M or so
Skybox: 628,028 i have 3, so he could make probably 1.2M

so. general 11M, Media: 10M, Skybox: 1M = 22M that is a more reasonable expectations than 28M, IMO

Since he got a 28M offer Id like to know where in this equation that went off. Finishing 4th worth anything? only OTR matters? Extra "bonus" for promoting?

tescosamoa

Dec 13, 2012

I was already on D1 and had a very successful season finishing 4th in the regular season.

dont know my OTR, Im sure much better than the current 354.31. My guess it was at least100 points higher

General: 11,181,260 - Even with his OTR same as mine he would not earn as much just because of the OTR as he didnt finish 4th on D2. The difference of HR might make it possible to be the same.

so. general 11M, Media: 10M, Skybox: 1M = 22M that is a more reasonable expectations than 28M, IMO

Since he got a 28M offer Id like to know where in this equation that went off. Finishing 4th worth anything? only OTR matters?
End of the day, HR and seats always win. Hence my adjustment in handball. OBJ spoke last season and I listened, this whole season for me has been building for a d2 team to max out HR, arena and top 3 finish. And repeat. Back in d1 in a few seasons

camrawrn

Apr 16, 2013

Since he got a 28M offer Id like to know where in this equation that went off. Finishing 4th worth anything? only OTR matters? Extra "bonus" for promoting?

I dunno, 3 levels of HR could easily give an extra 2-3 mil per week. And media is normally equal to or slightly above the general offer.

Bulls4ever

Mar 17, 2014
I dunno, 3 levels of HR could easily give an extra 2-3 mil per week. And media is normally equal to or slightly above the general offer.

I know media could be about the same on D3 and more than general on D2 if maxed. but that alone would not make the 6M difference from my "expectations"

that lies on: 4 levels HR is worth much more than finishing 4th in D2 ?

our OTR were about the same. so if we forget about league position and Hr, would be the same amount of money.

there is 5-6 million missing.

so lets assume finishing 4th is worth something. so from my 11M offer we assume 4M is for league position. so the base is 7M

7M + 4th place = 11M
7M + 4 levels Hr = 17M

thus level 14 compared to level 10 worth 10 million while 4th place 4M???? that is about 2x more valuable than league position

btw, i am not complaining or anything. Good for him :) just trying to understand ...

slacklar

May 12, 2014
what are you guys thinking on basketball so far?

for me it looks great. It requires much more strategy and less just set the ratio and cruise. also loved the Player Rate is back.

also i like the fact they kept the the :make the playoffs or fight to avoid relegation from handball.

I think in general it picked the best of the other games and added a few more unique interesting one.

Im sure the game engine still requires some tweaks but sounds very promising game.
I pretty much agree. It's going to be fun to play especially while my other teams are kinda on autopilot given the competition and playing youth to gain exp.

The shorter seasons are nice, but the two games a day offer a decent advantage to Pro users. As a non-Pro you're forced to log in sometime between after the first game ended and the next game calc is started to change lineup, tactics and ticket prices. PPM has always argued that Pro doesn't give you an ingame advantage. I think in basketball, it crosses that line as it forces people to be online at specific times and that every day. The alternative is playing your friendlies with the same lineups/tactics/ticket prices.

slacklar

May 12, 2014
I know media could be about the same on D3 and more than general on D2 if maxed. but that alone would not make the 6M difference from my "expectations"

that lies on: 4 levels HR is worth much more than finishing 4th in D2 ?

our OTR were about the same. so if we forget about league position and Hr, would be the same amount of money.

there is 5-6 million missing.

so lets assume finishing 4th is worth something. so from my 11M offer we assume 4M is for league position. so the base is 7M

7M + 4th place = 11M
7M + 4 levels Hr = 17M

thus level 14 compared to level 10 worth 10 million while 4th place 4M???? that is about 2x more valuable than league position

btw, i am not complaining or anything. Good for him :) just trying to understand ...
He finished 1st in D3 compared to 4th in D2. Not convinced that makes as much of a difference as it perhaps should.

Did you have two 100 marketing managers at the time? Cause Cory has two maxed guys sitting there, combine that with HR 14 and it makes a huge difference. I know a Dutch I.1 guy did day 1 offers without managers to compare with day 2 with maxed managers, the difference was over 20%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad