Potential Trade Targets

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Proner is a good prospect that was only getting better but something had to have happened. Anyone looking for a 99 defenseman? He is a good one.

We'd have to get a defenseman in return for him. Even with him next year, the blue line could be thin with departures of Garcia, Hronek, and Nemo. Maybe someone else has someone that needs a change of scenery. Strike a mutually beneficial trade.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Agree, it is imperitive that we get a D-man.
Next year 4 remaining D, Crawford OA, Middleton, Hill and Phillips. Plus 2001 born in the draft?
98's no returning forwards, Middleton on D..That's not enough.
Good thing lots of 99's that are seeing plenty of ice and developing with Giroux, Phillips and Grondin(2000)

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
The Hounds still have an open OA spot, and could use another experienced D......who can skate and play the puck possession style we use.

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
Erie, Hamilton, Ottawa (if Middleton doesn't get sent back), Sault Ste. Marie, and Windsor (don't think they'll keep Sanvido)

Windsor already has Digiacinto, Addison, Chatfield and Sanvido. They can't add another until they get rid of 2 of those and that ain't happening

Mayday3*

Windsor already has Digiacinto, Addison, Chatfield and Sanvido. They can't add another until they get rid of 2 of those and that ain't happening

Missed Chatfield, you're right

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Whenever Speers returns adds to already strong group of forwards. Mantha or Peters would make them that much stronger. Even if you trade Kopecka or Gettinger its something to consider. Can always pick up a 3rd line 97 for depth that would be cheap.

Mayday3*

Whenever Speers returns adds to already strong group of forwards. Mantha or Peters would make them that much stronger. Even if you trade Kopecka or Gettinger its something to consider. Can always pick up a 3rd line 97 for depth that would be cheap.

If they're willing to move Kopacka/Gettinger then I got to think the Gens would be interested in moving Vande Sompel for one of those 2

Mayday3*

I truly hope they don't move Kopacka!!! That would stink!! :help:

Would make sense though. SSM has so much high end forward depth but lacks the defence depth. Vande Sompel could be available for one of those '98 forwards

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
Like the mother asked to choose which of her kids? LOL I say take Gettinger! Just my opinion though.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Would make sense though. SSM has so much high end forward depth but lacks the defence depth. Vande Sompel could be available for one of those '98 forwards

I expect that the Greyhounds would be looking for a more physical presence to play on their PK, but I certainly wouldn't turn down a talent like Vande Sompel.

Last edited:

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Mississauga needs some bottom 6 big bodies to round out the roster. Guys that wont cost much but could be key to a 3rd line. Cascanette, Dunda, Davies, and Kirwin come to mind vets with grit.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Mississauga needs some bottom 6 big bodies to round out the roster. Guys that wont cost much but could be key to a 3rd line. Cascanette, Dunda, Davies, and Kirwin come to mind vets with grit.

The Greyhounds would probably consider moving Hayden Verbeek for a Leblanc or maybe even Gibson, but not for picks or anything.

SYWTom

Dec 10, 2016
Hypothetical:
Kitchener Sells Bracco, Hora, DiPerna, Carty, Llewellyn

What does each player return?
Kitchener would prefer younger players, so some ideas to consider would be adding picks to these players for young talent.

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
Hypothetical:
Kitchener Sells Bracco, Hora, DiPerna, Carty, Llewellyn

What does each player return?
Kitchener would prefer younger players, so some ideas to consider would be adding picks to these players for young talent.

Kitchener won't sell all their OAs. First off their isn't a demand for that much and 2nd off there is other teams that have OAs worth being moved like Desrocher for example

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Ottawa is not contending this year. I am not sure if they would be willing to part with Tyanulin and completely throw their year away but if they are, what sort of Import space is there?

Tyanulin is top 10 in scoring and he is the straw that stirs the drink offensively for Ottawa. They've mixed up lines here and there and whomever he plays with gets the points. So, he is primary player but as a small winger. Palmu gets more press because of his status in the league the last couple seasons but I would say that Tyanulin compares favourably to Palmu from a perspective of value.

I was thinking that it is pretty much a buyers market on forwards this year and even more so for Imports. I think that affects value this year for Tyanulin.

Any chance anyone tosses two 2nds and a 3rd for Tyanulin or are the contenders pretty much set for Imports?

Thoughts?

Mayday3*

Ottawa is not contending this year. I am not sure if they would be willing to part with Tyanulin and completely throw their year away but if they are, what sort of Import space is there?

Tyanulin is top 10 in scoring and he is the straw that stirs the drink offensively for Ottawa. They've mixed up lines here and there and whomever he plays with gets the points. So, he is primary player but as a small winger. Palmu gets more press because of his status in the league the last couple seasons but I would say that Tyanulin compares favourably to Palmu from a perspective of value.

I was thinking that it is pretty much a buyers market on forwards this year and even more so for Imports. I think that affects value this year for Tyanulin.

Any chance anyone tosses two 2nds and a 3rd for Tyanulin or are the contenders pretty much set for Imports?

Thoughts?

Erie/Hamilton/London/Mississauga/Peterborough/Sault Ste. Marie/Windsor are the teams I could see adding and they all already have 2 euros on their roster

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
In regards to Tyanulin, probably not.

The biggest contenders in the Wesf- Erie (Poddubyni/Cernak), London (Juoveli/Kuokkanen) and Windsor (Sergachev/Nattinen)
All are set. Tyanulin would only be an upgrade for Erie with Poddubyni but Poddubyni being a 1999 is a prospect guy that will probably be legit in a year or 2 and Erie can't trade him given that it is his 1st year here- but don't think they would want to anyway- he has great potential.

SSM- I think they are set too but even if they aren't- don't think they have the assets and probably need help on defense more.

Teams in the east, not sure. But there might not be huge buyers over on that side.

I think this could be a year where we see little movement. Most of the contenders or leading teams are dry on assets (Erie/SSM/Windsor) or young and thinking next year. (Oshawa)

London is the only team that has both the assets and willingness given their team. But they can't buy everyone. If they don't make a big splash, I can't see who exactly would.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014

Thoughts?

Petes could make a play on Tyanulin if Tammela truly is out for majority of season. (He's played two games) ... but I think personally I'd prefer Palmu.

There won't be much of a market though so I think two 2nds is a little steep.

hfp

Jul 30, 2009
SSM
If they're willing to move Kopacka/Gettinger then I got to think the Gens would be interested in moving Vande Sompel for one of those 2

The players I see Hounds shopping are Hawel, Demeo, Martin, Verbeek. That is about it.

We have some rights to some solid players that I don't think will report HERE, but other places maybe...we could use that for leverage as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00