Potential Trade Targets

Mayday3*

One of my favourite parts of the OHL is playing GM and looking at who I'd trade for, what guys I think might be available. Who do you guys think has a good chance of getting shopped at the deadline?

icepups

Jul 11, 2014
From Niagara, I would have to think one or any of Knott, Mantha, Haydon, Corneil and maybe even Paquette as he won't still be here for the next run.

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
Have always loved Graham Knott. Underrated guy that if Erie had the picks I would want them to go after him. Actually I had sorta thought about if we sold off this year and went for it next year that adding Knott next season would be a very nice addition if he doesn't get moved this year

If Erie decides to sell (will be dependent on Strome returning or not and where they are at come December)
-Debrincat could be the biggest name on the market if they opt to sell. Certianly will be the "hottest" name and maybe demand the most given that he has back to back 50 goal years and already has 10 in 9 games this year (and 0 of those goals have come on the PP)

Others for Erie- Cernak, a 2-3 defender with size/grit and great skating ability for big man with decent shot. But has the import tag

Pettit- OA who has been in the top 2/3 faceoff winning percentage the last few years and has been voted by coaches in coach polls as one of the best penalty killers. And now has figured out the offense with 12 points in 10 games. Would be a nice 3rd line player for some team

D. Raddysh- 3/4 defender with grit and nearly 300 games of experience. Tough as a rock. But has the OA tag.

Mayday3*

The early potential trade candidates list I made is:

Ryan Moore (Flint) '97
Alex Peters (Flint) '96
Noah Carroll (Guelph) '97
Warren Foegele (Kingston) '96
Lawson Crouse (Kingston) '97
Stephen Desrocher (Kingston) '96
Graham Knott (Niagara) '97
Chris Paquette (Niagara) '98
Ryan Mantha (Niagara) '96
Aaron Haydon (Niagara) '96
Brett McKenzie (North Bay) '97
Jacob Middleton (Ottawa) '96
Mitchell Stephens (Saginaw) '97
Keaton Middleton (Saginaw) '98
Tye Felhaber (Saginaw) '98
Markus Niemalainen (Saginaw) '98

Could add more names to this as teams start to lose more and selling becomes more of a realistic possibility

Last edited by a moderator:

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Dunda -'97(LW), Lane -'99(LW), Garagan -'99(C/LW)
Sudbury will need to move at least one LH shooter to create consistent playing for Garagan & Lane or to make room for Dunda to return as an OA. Dunda & Garagan also play out of position 50% of the time on RW.
Capobianco-'97(LD).
I think it will be other teams that decide what the wolves do

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Rumblings around the Gens is that there after Defenseman Keaton Middleton (Saginaw) '98 & Forward Tye Felhaber (Saginaw) both are 18yrs this move would be made for the next year run @ the Memorial Cup hopefully Oshawa will be hosting :) now I don't know for who I presume one or two of the Gen's D.
time will tell, something is going to happen I think as the Gens have a log jam on D.

hardclimate

Jan 7, 2015
I wouldn't anticipate the Battalion trading McKenzie. This year's edition is scoring challenged and he is one of their few that can.

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
Barring a total collapse i doubt the Hounds do anything at the trade deadline. They've got a very competitive team and unless the D truly stinks it up i can't see them moving anyone.

Course the usual guys would be available IF the management figured someone was "knocking our socks off" with an offer for one of our last year forwards! OA's MacIntyre and Miller and of course the BIG fish in Senyshyn. I wouldn't trade Speers regardless as he's a local boy and captain...or at least was captain last year, and i'd like to keep Verbeek to be an OA for next season.

On D Bouramman's in his last year but being an import would hamper any deal to a team that has 2 already.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Rumblings around the Gens is that there after Defenseman Keaton Middleton (Saginaw) '98 & Forward Tye Felhaber (Saginaw) both are 18yrs this move would be made for the next year run @ the Memorial Cup hopefully Oshawa will be hosting :) now I don't know for who I presume one or two of the Gen's D.
time will tell, something is going to happen I think as the Gens have a log jam on D.

I'd love to know the price for those two considering Saginaw has plenty of picks already. The Gens top three '99s? Top two '99s & 2000 1st?

mouse 29

Apr 11, 2013
Barrie
Although I do not see Barrie doing much of anything this year I think they have a few pieces that would be a good fit for any team thinking of making a deep run.

Ie: James, Radke, Stephano, Murray, Carbonnaro, Magwood, Foligno ?

James would be a very solid acquisition for a team looking to make a solid run. Compared with 2 solid defensive minded wingers would led make an extremely solid 3rd or 4th line.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
I'd take that with maybe a conditional pick for a possible OA year for Felhaber.

Again :laugh::laugh: those players are not worth the price the gens would have to give up. this trade may not happen and I'm fine with that all I stated is what I heard but Middleton would look nice in a generals uniform :)

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
As someone mentioned in another forum it's better to be an Eastern Conference team this year and just make the finals to get into the Memorial Cup. I'd think most Eastern teams would be chomping at the bit to load up for this chance! The West will be it's usual gang war. :laugh::laugh:

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
As someone mentioned in another forum it's better to be an Eastern Conference team this year and just make the finals to get into the Memorial Cup. I'd think most Eastern teams would be chomping at the bit to load up for this chance! The West will be it's usual gang war. :laugh::laugh:

Not true if Windsor gets knock off in any round it would not be decided till OHL final. Example if Kitchener and Oshawa meet in the ohl final and Kitchener wins it would be Kitchener, Windsor, whl & qmhl.in memorial cup.

Last edited:

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
If Middleton is available, I would assume the 67's would be in on that one. They are waiting on older brother Jacob to see if he returns from a Pro tryout. If he returns, it would be cool to see the brothers play together.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
I bet due to the Mercier acquisition that MVS will be shopped.

We have Bingo, and that's why I think Middleton will also be required. another D will be going and it wouldn't surprise me if Allen or Robertson are the one's.
just thinking out loud :laugh:

Mayday3*

I bet due to the Mercier acquisition that MVS will be shopped.

Would make sense. Shop Vande because he won't be back next year and get a 98 D like Middleton/Niemalainen that makes you similar this year and obviously much better next year because you still have an elite D rather than losing Vande for nothing

stokie

Apr 30, 2015
We have Bingo, and that's why I think Middleton will also be required. another D will be going and it wouldn't surprise me if Allen or Robertson are the one's.
just thinking out loud :laugh:

I would bet that it would be Templeton based on the fact that he's been playing forward as of late.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00