Potential Trade Targets

Mayday3*

I'm sure they could find a new owner or have someone buy the team and move it... either way if u don't have the right scouting staff how can u turn those picks into great players

Easy, by trading them. You can have the worst scouting staff of all-time and still trade all those picks for Bracco and Stephens and you're the best team in the East

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
I'm sure they could find a new owner or have someone buy the team and move it... either way if u don't have the right scouting staff how can u turn those picks into great players

Several others in the past had this conversation, not lastly when Flint was announced as the new location for Plymouth. The problem is......there's no where else to move to. At least that hasn't been tried before, over and over.

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
I don't think u will see many trades between now and 19th I junk they will start fallin dec 26+.. once that one specific gets moved the rest of the players will fall like trade deadline day for NHL

icepups

Jul 11, 2014

Mayday3*

Can't think anyone expects them to be buyers. Even given where they sit in the standings, it wouldn't make any sense to use what few assets / draft picks they have to improve the team. Management has stated that this is a full rebuild. I still expect that they will sell at the deadline.

Definitely

Mayday3*

Ryan Mantha, big and skilled someone will try and get him. Cost? 2-2nds + ?

I'd guess a 2nd and 3rd because he's an OA. Watson (an elite goalscorer) went for 2 2nds and a 3rd so no way Mantha goes for that much. Also there's alot of good OA defecemen on the market which will lower the price because they have multiple options (Spinozzi, Peters, Mantha, Desrocher, Haydon, Centorame, etc)

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Since Dylan Strome has came back to Erie certainty has them as the team to beat. London, Windsor and SSM will be beefing up to keep up. Bracco and Stephens are my top 2 forwards who could be game changers if traded.
IMO if Stephens goes to London they would be tough to beat. He has a 200 ft game with pro speed plus he is a team player. He would be a good fit for the Knights.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Since Dylan Strome has came back to Erie certainty has them as the team to beat. London, Windsor and SSM will be beefing up to keep up. Bracco and Stephens are my top 2 forwards who could be game changers if traded.
IMO if Stephens goes to London they would be tough to beat. He has a 200 ft game with pro speed plus he is a team player. He would be a good fit for the Knights.

Wonder if London would do a Formenton + a couple picks for Stephens deal.

Mayday3*

you'd would also have to hope that Saginaw's GM was having a weak moment

They listed their price as a 2000 born 1st round pick and picks but Formenton has a late birthday so he's in the same NHL draft as the 2000 born players. Maybe they'd be okay with him

Mayday3*

Scratch that last post. If he was born 2 days later he would've been in the same NHL draft as the 2000 borns

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Scratch that last post. If he was born 2 days later he would've been in the same NHL draft as the 2000 borns

I wouldn't be worried about what draft he goes in. More worried about his birth year. You could still get 2.5 years from him (assuming he goes AHL in OA year) and London doesn't really deal their first round picks at the deadline so a good 99 from them is going to be the best teams will be able to get from them.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
you'd would also have to hope that Saginaw's GM was having a weak moment

Having a weak moment while feeling a little sentimental and very understanding of the Petes plight, will have Saginaw's GM sending Stephens home to Peterborough in return for Gogolev & picks

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Having a weak moment while feeling a little sentimental and very understanding of the Petes plight, will have Saginaw's GM sending Stephens home to Peterborough in return for Gogolev & picks

I could live with that depending on what and how many those picks would be. Was hoping that Saginaw would take him with their pick this last draft.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I could live with that depending on what and how many those picks would be. Was hoping that Saginaw would take him with their pick this last draft.

Very possibly, no other team would offer their 2016 1st or star 17 yr old. What would be the minumum picks along with Gogolev that you would accept for Stephens before settling for just picks?

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Very possibly, no other team would offer their 2016 1st or star 17 yr old. What would be the minumum picks along with Gogolev that you would accept for Stephens before settling for just picks?

I'd love to see Middleton come along to the Petes with Stephens

is this price reasonable for Stephens and Middleton?

Gogolev, Clarke + 3rd and 6th in 2017, 2nd in 2019, 2nd in 2020

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Middleton is key to leading the team next year as a Captain. You would need at least a top defense prospect and picks..Saginaw needs D next year.

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
Yes, but what are you going to do with that D prospect this year...who sits, or do you go psycho and move Hronek also , knowing that he's definitely not going to be back next year. You get a young top forward as well as a top young d man.

None of the above I want to see done, but you are correct, they will need D next year.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
I'd love to see Middleton come along to the Petes with Stephens

is this price reasonable for Stephens and Middleton?

Gogolev, Clarke + 3rd and 6th in 2017, 2nd in 2019, 2nd in 2020

Not even relatively close. Stephens for Gogolev and 2 2nds, 2 3rds would be good. You wanna throw Middleton in? Add a lot more.

Mayday3*

Not even relatively close. Stephens for Gogolev and 2 2nds, 2 3rds would be good. You wanna throw Middleton in? Add a lot more.

They're not going to get a 2000, 2 2nds and 2 3rds for anyone who isn't going to be back in the OHL next year. Thats what Saginaw will ask for, but when nobody will pay that they'll settle for a 2000, a 2nd and a 3rd I bet at most

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
They're not going to get a 2000, 2 2nds and 2 3rds for anyone who isn't going to be back in the OHL next year. Thats what Saginaw will ask for, but when nobody will pay that they'll settle for a 2000, a 2nd and a 3rd I bet at most

Apparently they want a 2000, a player and several 2nds and 3rds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad